axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

My wip:

They don't like corona. Any suggestions are quite welcome.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
riffmaster18 wrote:"Skinny Dip"

thoughts?

I laughed once I noticed the background details. Funny and well done.

Just slightly hesitant about it fitting the theme. I think that's mainly because I'm expecting to see stuff that's clearly focused on the ocean. Not necessarily a generic body of water. Again, that's just my expectations and I do think that overall the design is funny and great.

aerc712

axphw1 wrote:
They don't like corona. Any suggestions are quite welcome.

Are you planning on adding anything else to the design? Will the beach be drawn in? A colorful umbrella? With your comment it's clear what the design is based on, otherwise, as it is, it's two penguins holding fish while standing on chairs. I like the concept, I think it's a solid starting point.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
truffleshuffle wrote:I have this design lying around and this derby theme seems perfect for it! Hooray!:D

S'dope.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
aerc712 wrote:I laughed once I noticed the background details. Funny and well done.

Just slightly hesitant about it fitting the theme. I think that's mainly because I'm expecting to see stuff that's clearly focused on the ocean. Not necessarily a generic body of water. Again, that's just my expectations and I do think that overall the design is funny and great.

Speaking as one not on an ocean... We have beaches here too, even natural sand ones.

tinsoldiergt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tinsoldiergt

thoughts?

I love the idea but as soon as I saw it I thought of skinny dipping muppets, ie.

The rejectionator might let it pass, but if they're in a Gandalfy mood, who knows...

snmasters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snmasters
truffleshuffle wrote:I have this design lying around and this derby theme seems perfect for it! Hooray!:D

I like it :-)

aerc712

blanked wrote:Speaking as one not on an ocean... We have beaches here too, even natural sand ones.

I know, that's why I added the caveat that my issue was with what I was expecting to see, not necessarily the design itself. To reiterate, I like the design and laughed when I noticed the puppets. I guess growing up near the East Coast, I just link beach with ocean, not necessarily other bodies of water. I'm currently in a landlocked state and it just doesn't feel the same when people talk about going to the beach when it's a lake. So, again, the comment is based on what I was expecting to see from an entry.

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

Nicely done and love a little Cthulu now and then. I like the spin on the theme.

colinlepper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinlepper

thoughts?

lol this ones hilarious. it sucks that theres a similar illustration out there tho! i think the muppets and hands are really well done but the water could use a bit of cleaning up IMO, still such a funny design!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

Surf's UR UR URP!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Radscoolian wrote:Surf's UR UR URP!

I like the direction this has taken Radscoolian. He appears to fear nothing except loud noises and chaffing. Had you considered making the sandcastle resemble Jabba's palace?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

In b4 Mario world 1-1 built in the sand.
Sorry Mario, our princess is in another sand castle.
:/

move along

j5

I like the concept, but it feels like Cthulu is disconnected from the scene, like a floating specter in the clouds.

move along

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

This was my first idea and I rolled with it, any critique would be helpful. I still need to halftone and put my comp together.

Nosferatu's Castle:

santista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santista

I loled...

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
colinlepper wrote:lol this ones hilarious. it sucks that theres a similar illustration out there tho! i think the muppets and hands are really well done but the water could use a bit of cleaning up IMO, still such a funny design!

thanks for the feedback! let me see what I can do about that water.
I'm pretty disappointed by the similar illustration - but hey, what can you do. Luckily that one wasn't on a t-shirt, and looks different enough...doubt it'll be rejected, but still sucks.
Anywho, I've got another idea in the works, hopefully it hasn't been done

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan

I like it and darn it I was working on something very similar... I don't want to be accused of copying again I might just bag it... (Mine was with Jawas)

j5

shikausstan wrote:I like it and darn it I was working on something very similar... I don't want to be accused of copying again I might just bag it... (Mine was with Jawas)

Run with it.

move along

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
j5 wrote:Run with it.

I agree. Some people like Jawas and not sand people. Or vice versa. Personally I like both.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
shikausstan wrote:I like it and darn it I was working on something very similar... I don't want to be accused of copying again I might just bag it... (Mine was with Jawas)

Dude, go with it.

cudgy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cudgy

Here's a quick sketch of my idea. I'm not sure if the concept is clear enough. What do you guys think?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Here's mine. Comments needed... of course, I still have to take the text parts off (it was a daily idea)

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
SkekTek wrote:Here's mine. Comments needed... of course, I still have to take the text parts off (it was a daily idea)

I like it, but there's no text allowed this week.

shikausstan

j5 wrote:Run with it.

So I need a little help deciding the shirt color. Should I go darker for a moon light surf or lighter for a day time surf?

j5

shikausstan wrote:So I need a little help deciding the shirt color. Should I go darker for a moon light surf or lighter for a day time surf?

Lighter, but maybe not B-Blue, thought that would suit it best.
Also, add more sand.

move along

shikausstan

cfdunbar wrote:This was my first idea and I rolled with it, any critique would be helpful. I still need to halftone and put my comp together.

Nosferatu's Castle:

I like the amount of sun block he is wearing! However, te sky and the sand, IMO, don't seem to flow with the rest of the design.

SkekTek

zaydabarros wrote:I like it, but there's no text allowed this week.

Yeah, that was the comment about "I gotta take the text off"

Here's the revised one:

SkekTek

shikausstan wrote:So I need a little help deciding the shirt color. Should I go darker for a moon light surf or lighter for a day time surf?

Lighter is better for summer wearing, IMO. Also, maybe make the end of the board (right side) dark blue (ie- feet of R2D2)?

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle

How are we suppose to send our Printable Files? The derby email is not working for me, I've tried twice and have gotten a recipient server failure each time.

Anyone else having this problem?

"taste the beast"

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron

I did a resubmission for a shirt design, I am new to this, how does one delete the original design entry ???

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

We've got 3 Vader designs in the top 9, and at least 10 Star Wars designs. I forsee a "No Star Wars" Rule poping up next week for a few Derbies.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

gwenleif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenleif

For the love of god, let's stop with the Star Wars references! Every third shirt has Vader on it! Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars/Vader, but jeez, I'm sick of the Star Wars shirts!!!

What's that powder clinging to your credit card? Oh wait, this is capitalism.

gwenleif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenleif
gwenleif wrote:For the love of god, let's stop with the Star Wars references! Every third shirt has Vader on it! Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars/Vader, but jeez, I'm sick of the Star Wars shirts!!!

Lol, wrote this before I saw the previous post.

What's that powder clinging to your credit card? Oh wait, this is capitalism.

mikejwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikejwolf

Bring Back One Hot Summer Day

Jack31081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081

Good lord, did someone put out a call for Star Wars shirts this week? Or, does this happen every derby?

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Jack31081 wrote:Good lord, did someone put out a call for Star Wars shirts this week? Or, does this happen every derby?

This is unique in volume. Typically StarWars shirts are 1 in 50 or so. We're like 1 in 10 this week. Higher number of vampires too, though that's to be expected. Fewer 'artistic' prints, but the ones we have are AWESOME.

And remember folks, and vote for every shirt that ISN"T starwars in the top 12 is a vote AGAINST starwars.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

j5

Jack31081 wrote:Good lord, did someone put out a call for Star Wars shirts this week? Or, does this happen every derby?

Woot is that.
You got 3 Darth Vaders and a Doctor Who.
~Blech

move along

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
j5 wrote:You got 3 Darth Vaders

clone wars all over again!

jdelvoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jdelvoie

Seriously. Summer Theme. Beach Theme. Half the submissions are still on black or dark blue? Really?

I am seriously disappointed.

Also, what is up with the insane amount of star wars themed shirts? I realize the artists (and voters here) have a pop-culture thing going on (and of course the obligatory Dr.Who shirt I can live with), but man there are a lot of them.