lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
anemality wrote:I think you're probably treading a LOT of copyrighted water there.

Hmmm true. Im never sure what seems to be ok and what isn't. You see Mario and Star Wars (when they are allowed) which are obviously pretty franchised/popular. Then again, never seen a pokemon shirt in most places, guess there might be a reason for that one. Any high up bods able to ok/not ok this?

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain

Here is my design I drew up today for the derby...

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
mightyrain wrote:Here is my design I drew up today for the derby...

Awesome!

but...

Woot doesn't do purple shirts. If you change the background do you still have enough colors for the purple goop?

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

lilsquiggle

Since theres a reasonable chance my pokemon idea would properly be scuppered by copyrights, I got back to throwing around other ideas. Is the image on the shield too obvious? Should I replace it with something else. I really cant decide...

bounty42

lilsquiggle wrote:
Hmmm true. Im never sure what seems to be ok and what isn't. You see Mario and Star Wars (when they are allowed) which are obviously pretty franchised/popular. Then again, never seen a pokemon shirt in most places, guess there might be a reason for that one. Any high up bods able to ok/not ok this?

but you see Chibi style characters, never realistic representations. Your characters look like the ones on the show, which makes them identifiable, but still copied. The Pokeballs are readily apparent, the Hat is pretty much dead on.

Consider these:

The left was rejected, the right wasn't. Changes like that need to be made to avoid trade-dress.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

mom2kate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mom2kate

We really like that show at my house, so I love this shirt! Since Woot doesn't do purple, I'd love to see what color you pick out (Maybe navy or brown?)

miguelsierra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miguelsierra

Quick sketch!! hope you like it!

mightyrain

bounty42 wrote:Awesome!

but...

Woot doesn't do purple shirts. If you change the background do you still have enough colors for the purple goop?

sure, I'll just usea grey shirt
I thought woot had purple... shoot

lilsquiggle

bounty42 wrote:but you see Chibi style characters, never realistic representations. Your characters look like the ones on the show, which makes them identifiable, but still copied. The Pokeballs are readily apparent, the Hat is pretty much dead on.

Consider these:
PICCIES WERE HERE

The left was rejected, the right wasn't. Changes like that need to be made to avoid trade-dress.

Thank you for that That makes it clearer and stuff. Not sure my art abilities are strong enough to alter the drawing style enough to get away with that one. Ill have a think.

mightyrain

bounty42

lilsquiggle wrote:Thank you for that That makes it clearer and stuff. Not sure my art abilities are strong enough to alter the drawing style enough to get away with that one. Ill have a think.

Like I said, awesome work, but it may just be too good.

Teh Skyrim one is definately printable, though I'm not sure how hot Skyrim is around here these days. We've had 1 won, 1 Honorable mention, and less complaining than Mario gets ;)

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros

Where in the world is the "no cats" rule?

bounty42

zaydabarros wrote:Where in the world is the "no cats" rule?

Nowhere in sight, exactly where it belongs.
Incidence rate of cats last week: 4 in 164 ~ 2.4%
In the top 9 - 0 = 0%

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist

So I'm thinking I need to make a huge ugly warrior standing with his banner that has a cute sleeping kitten for the crest. Cant wait to get home and start.

mightyrain

opinions

navy:

asphalt:

silver:

lilsquiggle

mightyrain wrote:opinions

navy:
NAVY PIC WAS HERE

asphalt:
ASPHALT PIC WAS HERE

silver:
SILVER PIC WAS HERE

I think I like the navy the most, but thats partly because I don't like the contrast of the black on the other two. Its too dark and stands out too much for my tastes. Id probably like the asphalt more if the black was changed to a different slightly softer/lighter colour.

mom2kate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mom2kate

Navy is my fav, but I like it on the gray too.

incarnate9143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incarnate9143

[quote postid="5074908" user="mightyrain"]opinions

Navy or asphalt..something about the light purple does not sit right with me though..just my opinion though.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

My meat inspired entry (thanks to my daughter for cooking ribs...)

The latin reads: To grill or not to grill

cfdunbar

Navy.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
cfdunbar wrote:My meat inspired entry (thanks to my daughter for cooking ribs...)

I like this a lot, but perhaps explore other taglines?

cfdunbar

axphw1 wrote:I like this a lot, but perhaps explore other taglines?

Good suggestion, I'll take it under consideration. thx.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

I'm doing a meat inspired entry too!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
cfdunbar wrote:My meat inspired entry (thanks to my daughter for cooking ribs...)

I love it!

ldokiernan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldokiernan

Here's What I've been working on...
Any advice? I'm not so sure about the text, and i dont know much about the copyright rules, so there might be something here. Thanks

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat

Been quite a while since I have posted anything on here but thought i would give this week a go.
Here is what I am playing with so far. Anyone want to offer a catchy phrase to put on it?

mightyrain

Beefcoat wrote:Been quite a while since I have posted anything on here but thought i would give this week a go.
Here is what I am playing with so far. Anyone want to offer a catchy phrase to put on it?

For some reason it reminds me of the game Candy Land

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
Beefcoat wrote:Been quite a while since I have posted anything on here but thought i would give this week a go.

No text. I love it the way it is!

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
bounty42 wrote:First Draft, Anybody suggestions for shirt colors?

Yes I know it needs a lot of work still.

I love the idea for this shirt! I'm low on cranberry shirts, and have tons of blue and green shirts, so I say cranberry or yellow or something that I don't have a lot of. (but that is just me being selfish)

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
incarnate9143 wrote:[quote postid="5074908" user="mightyrain"]opinions

Navy or asphalt..something about the light purple does not sit right with me though..just my opinion though.

Yeah the lighter purple almost pinkish doesn't look right to me and would prevent me from buying it.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
walmazan wrote:I'm doing a meat inspired entry too!

Maybe change the knife to a spatula.

mightyrain

[quote postid="5075352" user="granilithe"]
Yeah the lighter purple almost pinkish doesn't look right to me and would prevent me from buying it.quote]

Yeah, I liked it when I thought I could do a purple shirt, but I have changed it to white in my latest versions.

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

Warehouse 13!!!

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Work in progress, title suggestions welcome!

nickolis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickolis

I really prefer it without any text, but if I were to HAVE to have text, I would probably have something like "Vita Dulce."

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Here is a WIP that won't be ready by derby start, and might not get finished at all for various reasons:

(yes it is GoT please don't murder me)

Any thoughts at all would be fine... I'm personally not really happy with the bird's coloring but ehhh we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist

I decided that my original idea with the ugly warrior with unfittingly cute banner wasn't working out the way I wanted it to so I sketched up a new idea

I'm not sure if it needs something between the tails of the ravens or not I tried some hanging chains but they didn't quite seem right.

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
zaydabarros wrote:Where in the world is the "no cats" rule?

This. SO sick of cats. Aaaarrrrrgh.

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

nicebleed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicebleed

What u think?

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy

Asphalt or Navy?