deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
deborah11565 wrote:I think the other art has so much design and depth and then the rover is a bit blah.

p.s still waiting on my shot.... just saying.

emibrus1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emibrus1

I know we have to have made at least one previous purchase from woot for the right to vote but does the same apply toward the ability to submit a design?

(new 'round these here parts)

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
emibrus1 wrote:I know we have to have made at least one previous purchase from woot for the right to vote but does the same apply toward the ability to submit a design?

This... I don't know... I would thiiiiink you can, but, not sure.
Welcome aboard though!

oakenspirit

deborah11565 wrote:p.s still waiting on my shot.... just saying.

Im waiting till tomorrow...
Got too much going on tonight sadly and morning duty at school tomorrow.

Feel free to start without me.
;)

And thanks for the advice... Im tweaking.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
oakenspirit wrote:Im waiting till tomorrow...
Got too much going on tonight sadly and morning duty at school tomorrow.

Feel free to start without me.
;)

And thanks for the advice... Im tweaking.

Ok.. I'll wait also. (yw)

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
oakenspirit wrote:Here be one I'm submitting...
This is a reworked version of a shirt I tried to get printed a while back but never entered in a woot derby (though it did try and fail as a daily)(not my only entry this week so don't cry foul yet)

Pop culture-movie-robot-space

CuriosE.T.

Thoughts? Whats it need...?

I would give it some tree silhouettes at the bottom. Maybe brighten the stars and then cut a horizon line out of them in shirt color. It would ground it so it's not just floating in space.

orabbit

JoysAreJummy wrote:Get 4 hats. Pull one from each. Draw what yah pull. No practices.

DO IT!

I was going to say roll a d8, but there are 9 choices per column. How do you do that? D8 + coin toss for the extra one?

orabbit

Is this song mainstream or obscure? Or somewhere in between?

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:I would give it some tree silhouettes at the bottom. Maybe brighten the stars and then cut a horizon line out of them in shirt color. It would ground it so it's not just floating in space.

I see what you mean, and you are likely right, but I left out the tree silhouettes since it's Mars and not the moon from earth,,,
though I suppose it COULD be mars from earth-
Is that too iconic and needed design wise to leave out?

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:Is this song mainstream or obscure? Or somewhere in between?

I think it might fall more toward the obscure sadly nowadays but its a classic in my head... ;)

Randyotter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Randyotter

Food - Tree - Oddball - History

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
emibrus1 wrote:I know we have to have made at least one previous purchase from woot for the right to vote but does the same apply toward the ability to submit a design?

You do not need to make a purchase before submitting a shirt entry.

Nothing follows.

oakenspirit

Randyotter wrote:Food - Tree - Oddball - History

HAHAHHA! awesome man

oakenspirit

So- is this better?

(I love drawing trees...)

emibrus1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emibrus1
taternuggets wrote:You do not need to make a purchase before submitting a shirt entry.

Thank you very much! And thank you for your reply as well, Oakenspirit!

orabbit

oakenspirit wrote:So- is this better?

For me, that rules. I think it really pulled it together.

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:For me, that rules. I think it really pulled it together.

/highfives

Thanks for the advice man.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv

Hay if we choose the one-color tag, are half tone allowed because technically it is still one color but it just looks like more colors?

JoysAreJummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoysAreJummy

I know there have been a few dinosaur extinction designs that have printed on Woot.

My idea is a Dinosaur with a robotic arm punching the meteor back into space.

(Dinosaur-Science-Tech-History)

oakenspirit

jfsiv wrote:Hay if we choose the one-color tag, are half tone allowed because technically it is still one color but it just looks like more colors?

I would say halftones are fine. I am doing a one-color design and went through the same line of thought.

orabbit

jfsiv wrote:Hay if we choose the one-color tag, are half tone allowed because technically it is still one color but it just looks like more colors?

I would say its not a restriction, but a concept. Like a monochrome palette would work. Or like a prism splitting one color into a rainbow. But that's just me.

flattopfrank

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flattopfrank

Gotta hubcap diamond star halo... DIG IT !!!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
tomspc wrote:I know I'll be called crazy but let me go ahead and say "There are other animals besides cats!" I'll say it VERY loudly just in case you didn't hear me, "THERE ARE OTHER ANIMALS BESIDES CATS!"

Dragons!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

classic

lonelypond

quality posts: 420 Private Messages lonelypond
JoysAreJummy wrote:Get 4 hats. Pull one from each. Draw what yah pull. No practices.

DO IT!

orabbit wrote:I was going to say roll a d8, but there are 9 choices per column. How do you do that? D8 + coin toss for the extra one?

roll a 10 sided dice + 0 is you get to choose ; )

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

I really love this!! I would buy it in a heartbeat. Just one thing...I would add some subtle surrounding lighting on curiosity..so that it's not just a plain shadow. That would be a 10 for me

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

That is much better. I like it!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

I think it's mainstream and a great song so get it on, bang the gong, get it on!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hmm... pop culture, video games, Japan, retro... whatever is going to be the most common idea here...

Oh, I dunno... but I think it has to do with some italian plumber...

EDIT: I think all the GOOD designers should assign a number for each idea for each category, roll 4 d10 dice, and design for the result. That'd be more random, and challenging. I'll try to do that tonight though I am NOT that good a designer.

nimrond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond

Does anyone not know this song? Def mainstream!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
nimrond wrote:Does anyone not know this song? Def mainstream!

Waiting for the inevitable comment "wait, did T Rex redo that Power Station song?" from someone...

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
SkekTek wrote:Waiting for the inevitable comment "wait, did T Rex redo that Power Station song?" from someone...

Some of us weren't alive in 1971. :p But I did know the Power Station version was a cover.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

orabbit wrote:I would say its not a restriction, but a concept. Like a monochrome palette would work. Or like a prism splitting one color into a rainbow. But that's just me.

One color in this case actually just means one spot color. If you search 'one color' in the catalog you can see examples (some really nice designs in there too.) Half-tones are OK as long as you're just using the one ink.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
SkekTek wrote:Hmm... pop culture, video games, Japan, retro... whatever is going to be the most common idea here...

Oh, I dunno... but I think it has to do with some italian plumber...

Although that does bring up a good question that I was thinking about. Would something qualify as "Japan" simply based on the fact that that's where it was created?

Because clearly there's nothing inherently Japanese about Mario or Link, but I'm imagining we will see plenty of entries with them.

orabbit

tgentry wrote:One color in this case actually just means one spot color. If you search 'one color' in the catalog you can see examples (some really nice designs in there too.) Half-tones are OK as long as you're just using the one ink.

Well there I go again talking like I know. I defer and will get back to work. T- 2 1/4 hrs!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Hey all,
Which color do you prefer (if you like the design;)), royal blue or navyblue? Thanks!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
jasneko wrote:Hey all,
Which color do you prefer (if you like the design;)), royal blue or navyblue? Thanks!

Navy makes the purple pop.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

oakenspirit

Mavyn wrote:Navy makes the purple pop.

Agreed

oakenspirit

wirdou wrote:I really love this!! I would buy it in a heartbeat. Just one thing...I would add some subtle surrounding lighting on curiosity..so that it's not just a plain shadow. That would be a 10 for me

tomspc wrote:That is much better. I like it!

Thanks guys... at work so can't add the lighting till around 4-5... I like that thought though- Should I delay entering it into the derby by a few hours to add that? I never know if you are worse off by waiting- Don't want to lessen my chances of printing, especially since first and second make every vote count...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Thanks oaks and mavy