rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi

We're here to hel p!

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle
rasabi wrote:We're here to hel p!

Evil! I like it.. Personally, I'd have the "OCD" straight in the day version, and crooked in the night version though.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

A Clouded Truth

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi
ciabelle wrote:Evil! I like it.. Personally, I'd have the "OCD" straight in the day version, and crooked in the night version though.

Thanks for the feedback !

I debated this... mostly I was worried about leaving the day version too subtle to stand on its own. Whereas I felt okay making the night version a little more subtle.

Plenty of time to change it if people don't like it this way though :P

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
ApeLad wrote:Here's what I'll be posting. BEWARE CLOWNS!

derby entry 3/15/2013 by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Not a fan of baby blue shirts. How does it look on Navy?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Dude, you're killing me.
(Outside of the obvious "D") I'm looking at this thing going "this bit is out of alignment, that bit is off center, the other bit has inconsistent color....then I realize it's all intentional.
I hate you.

ste7enl wrote:

A Clouded Truth

Kinda morbid, what?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

Wow, voting hasn't even opened and we've used the phrase "demon scrotum"?

This is going to be a great derby.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

I know this isn't going to be a popular viewpoint, but if you knew what OCD really is, you wouldn't be doing this.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

A while back, a similar shirt was rejected due to sensitivity about real diagnosed OCD. I think this will meet the same fate/controversy. Change it to anal? Actually don't do that. Perfectionist? Something that's not a medical condition.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
orabbit wrote:A while back, a similar shirt was rejected due to sensitivity about real diagnosed OCD. I think this will meet the same fate/controversy. Change it to anal? Actually don't do that. Perfectionist? Something that's not a medical condition.

Actually, the creator of that shirt graciously removed it. As far as I know, Woot did not remove it and I'm not sure they would have.

Disclaimer: I have OCD. It rules every moment of my life. I recently re-started treatment. It took me over a month to find a therapist, because there are so few trained to treat OCD using the preferred method.

I also have a sense of humor. One time, I might have found this funny. But this isn't really what OCD is, and graphic t-shirts and memes have turned this very serious illness into little more than a joke in the public eye. Please don't perpetuate that myth.

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
tomspc wrote:Not a fan of baby blue shirts. How does it look on Navy?

I tried it, but there was too much contrast, what with all the white. I like it better high key and jolly.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
ApeLad wrote:I tried it, but there was too much contrast, what with all the white. I like it better high key and jolly.

Then go YELLOW! All the way!

(I wish yellow shirts got more love- not that I make many designs on that color either)

jmf1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmf1081

Something similar has most like been done before, but if somebody wants to make an awesome version:
A shirt with a glow in the dark fetus. We are pregnant and I think that would be cool to see one thing in the day and a fetus at night. Although the market would be pretty limited to pregnant ladies it might also be funny to see fat dudes wearing the shirt.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
jmf1081 wrote:Something similar has most like been done before, but if somebody wants to make an awesome version:
A shirt with a glow in the dark fetus. We are pregnant and I think that would be cool to see one thing in the day and a fetus at night. Although the market would be pretty limited to pregnant ladies it might also be funny to see fat dudes wearing the shirt.

The fat dude version would have a beer in it.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
ApeLad wrote:Here's what I'll be posting. BEWARE CLOWNS!

derby entry 3/15/2013 by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Oh, Magilla Gorilla! dude that's fantastic, but I *really* hate clowns and couldn't wear it

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Henroid88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Henroid88
ciabelle wrote:Evil! I like it.. Personally, I'd have the "OCD" straight in the day version, and crooked in the night version though.

I second this idea. This is a great concept!

dfoxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfoxii

New to ShirtWoot Derby; Where do we upload images? Or is this a hidden form that shows up mysteriously like glow-in-the-dark images? 8)

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
dfoxii wrote:New to ShirtWoot Derby; Where do we upload images? Or is this a hidden form that shows up mysteriously like glow-in-the-dark images? 8)

Yes. It will show up on the derby page at 12 PM CST.

dfoxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfoxii

Thanks! Looking forward to this..

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
j5 wrote:Kinda morbid, what?

Lol. That's really all I got in response to that.

amugle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amugle

Hey everyone! I'm still new to this (it's only my 2nd derby) but check out my design:

29dollaragentcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 29dollaragentcom

I know nothing. How do I make a swatch for each of these day and night glow colors in adobe illustrator? I opened the template so I assume I am in the right color mode from the beginning. Sorry to be so dumb and stupid.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
29dollaragentcom wrote:I know nothing. How do I make a swatch for each of these day and night glow colors in adobe illustrator? I opened the template so I assume I am in the right color mode from the beginning. Sorry to be so dumb and stupid.

You could just save the photo tgentry put and open it in illustrator, then eyedropper it, or simply enter the color code... Is that what you mean?

29dollaragentcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 29dollaragentcom
oakenspirit wrote:You could just save the photo tgentry put and open it in illustrator, then eyedropper it, or simply enter the color code... Is that what you mean?

That will work. I was trying to find the color pallet option for this particular style, hex? I was looking at my list and it had pantone styles and others. Maybe I need to download this particular color style. I am an amateur and I do appreciate your help. I will ask these type of questions in the appropriate forum next time.

Tried entering in the code, but maybe I was doing it in the wrong place.

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko

Anyone have a good example of what one of these shirts actually looks like when printed out? How well does the glow in the dark ink work?