standard888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages standard888

We were standing in a painfully long line for some national monument, and I ran up to the front to ask the officer if I could just hop over the line and run to the toilet. He looked at me, smiled and said, "Hangover?" I was clueless, because not only was I not hungover, I didn't look it--I don't think. Anyway, it must have shown on my face, because he quickly clarified "Your shirt, Hangover Bear, right?" It was Couldn't Care Less Bear! But to this day, Hangover Bear is my bear's alternate name.

JimBob1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JimBob1

Bet this comment is deleted rapidly. I wear dress shirts with a 20 inch neck to fit, but Woot XXXL Tees only come with about a 14-inch neck opening. Since the neck must be stretched out to about 25 inches to clear my head and ears, Woot shirts just don't fit properly. They need to make the necks bigger as they make the shirts bigger.

basharoftheages

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basharoftheages

Comments and compliments? Yes, somewhat often. Questions? Not yet.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
JimBob1 wrote:... They need to make the necks bigger as they make the shirts bigger.

When was the last time you bought a shirt here? Woot changed shirt suppliers last year, and a complaint is how loose they are. A size ML is cut as wide as the old M3XL and easily stretches out to 30". In fact, I've had to pull them in to get a better fit.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
JimBob1 wrote:Bet this comment is deleted rapidly. I wear dress shirts with a 20 inch neck to fit, but Woot XXXL Tees only come with about a 14-inch neck opening. Since the neck must be stretched out to about 25 inches to clear my head and ears, Woot shirts just don't fit properly. They need to make the necks bigger as they make the shirts bigger.

Yeah, the neck holes are already much bigger and get stretched out to an uncomfortable degree. And it's too small for you on a XXXL?

Sounds like you've just got a giant head bro, you related to the incredible hulk? :P

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

I was on a cruise and I wore Say No to Scurvy and a woman asked if there was an epidemic.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
JimBob1 wrote:Bet this comment is deleted rapidly. I wear dress shirts with a 20 inch neck to fit, but Woot XXXL Tees only come with about a 14-inch neck opening. Since the neck must be stretched out to about 25 inches to clear my head and ears, Woot shirts just don't fit properly. They need to make the necks bigger as they make the shirts bigger.

DH has a 19" neck and had NO problem with the AA 3XLs. We've moved down to the 2XLs on the new shirts from Central America, so maybe the 3XLs in the new shirts will work for you.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Never been stopped about my woot shirts, but I'm a TA at my university. One quarter my student's comments on the TA evals included this: "Cool t-shirts!"

I wore a lot of woot shirts while I was leading discussion sections and during my office hours.

outergeorge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages outergeorge

I had to stop at page 33, but my favorite shirts up to that point were:
Wingnut Conservative This one was fun to wear in Portland, OR.
Excercise An instant classic. When I get comments on it, my question is do you see positive or negative reinforcement?
Snowmen in Heat Given that any snowfall typically lasts a day, I get lots of comments wearing this in Texas.
Unhappy Meeting People always ask me what this one means. My stock answer by this point is "it's open to interpretation".

I always enjoy spotting Woot shirts in the wild. The best was when I saw Nose Hares in India.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

cristinatr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cristinatr

Almost every time I wear it, people tell me how much they love my shirt "Indubiously"

joolzie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joolzie

People really seem to like Eat More Meat (which I got as a random) and A Wonderful Day (my favoritest!).

Oddest thing was the day I opened the door to a guy trying to sell gutter cleaning or something. I was wearing Zombie Season (my first woot shirt!), and the guy--halfway through his spiel--sort of forgot what he was saying and offered to buy it off me.

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

I always get comments on my shirts, but then I tend to hang around with fellow nerds. However, popular among the mundanes are usually the one about exercise & especially the one with the movie/TV ratings (everyone loves the NC17 in the back).

lola22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lola22

I lived in England for three years and wore my Woot shirts regularly (including my Nessie shirt to Loch Ness!). But whenever I wore my "Ain't No Party Like a Boston Party" I got the most comments- people asking me if I was from Boston.
Once, when I was out with an American friend, the third time I was asked if I was from Boston my friend turned to me and said "Clearly it didn't have the effect on them we intended!"
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/aint-no-party-like-a-boston-party-18

TomSelleck666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomSelleck666

I teach at a high school for teenagers with autism and they go CRAZY whenever I wear my woot shirts. Especially any of the Portal or Adventure Time themed ones. Both students and staff give me compliments and I tell them right where to go. We can't be selfish with our *superiour fashion!

(superfluous "u" added to increase arrogance)