Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
Gatzby wrote:Can you elaborate on that? Where are discussion links missing and when does it occur?

I'll use Acquired Taste as an example; note that there's no link to the discussion or a tab for top comments.

It occurs the most with shirts after a plus sale, but it's not consistent. Sometimes, they're all restored afterwards, sometimes they're not.

Narfcake

fishbiscuit5 wrote:The stats don't include plus sale prints that haven't been added to the catalog. ...

Without Woot disclosing the sales figures, there really won't be a way to include them.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if the least purchased section is necessary. It's not quite the least (many side sale items sold less), and at least for a couple entries, it's due to a difference in the way the artist was listed.

lichme

quality posts: 3107 Private Messages lichme
Narfcake wrote:Without Woot disclosing the sales figures, there really won't be a way to include them.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if the least purchased section is necessary. It's not quite the least (many side sale items sold less), and at least for a couple entries, it's due to a difference in the way the artist was listed.

That's there as a place holder until more stats get populated.

Narfcake

lichme wrote:That's there as a place holder until more stats get populated.

Average sales per design, maybe?

I'm also thinking that a little rearrangement would make sense - Top Votes, Highest (misspelled) Votes, then Highest Average. Group Frequent Flyer, Most Derby Entries, and Most Rejected in the next row.

lichme

Narfcake wrote:Average sales per design, maybe?

I'm also thinking that a little rearrangement would make sense - Top Votes, Highest (misspelled) Votes, then Highest Average. Group Frequent Flyer, Most Derby Entries, and Most Rejected in the next row.

Updated with some new stuff

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Narfcake wrote:I'll use Acquired Taste as an example; note that there's no link to the discussion or a tab for top comments.

It occurs the most with shirts after a plus sale, but it's not consistent. Sometimes, they're all restored afterwards, sometimes they're not.

Awesome, thanks. I'll submit a trouble ticket and we'll try to get this resolved. If you notice any more oddities with the same issue, let me know!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Here's an odd question...would you be able to ID honorable mentions? That would be awesome...but kind of a pain as well...and perhaps only cool to me, since you can always look at double-takes to see what got one.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

lichme

Gatzby wrote:Awesome, thanks. I'll submit a trouble ticket and we'll try to get this resolved. If you notice any more oddities with the same issue, let me know!

Probably this list:

Underworld Blossom - Rasabi - Purchase Link
Lunar Raven - fuacka - Purchase Link
The Monkeys Paw - oneshoeoff - Purchase Link
C is for Coffee - qetza - Purchase Link
There Will be Cake - odysseyroc - Purchase Link
Treasure Island - fuacka - Purchase Link
The Day My Childhood Died - tjost - Purchase Link
The Ultimate Book Club - helgram - Purchase Link
Push to the Limit - walmazan - Purchase Link
Laughing Gas - Letter-Q - Purchase Link
Fluidity - ramyb - Purchase Link
Rocket Science Club - fishbiscuit5 - Purchase Link
Math + Pumpkin = Pi - fishbiscuit5 - Purchase Link
Life Isnt That Hard - wirdou - Purchase Link
The Cake is a Venn - tessderpervilles - Purchase Link
The Golem - kharmazero - Purchase Link
Pwned - fishbiscuit5 and kevlar51 - Purchase Link
Hello My Name is Player 1 - patrickspens - Purchase Link
Hello My Name is Player 2 - patrickspens - Purchase Link
Armor Testing - patrickspens - Purchase Link
Good Mole Hunting - riffmaster18 - Purchase Link
Bear Naked - tjost - Purchase Link
Not on my Watch - Radscoolian - Purchase Link
Cult of Cathulhu - ochopika - Purchase Link
The Electromagnetic Spectrum - Wirdou & Alberto Arni - Purchase Link
Using the Force - walmazan - Purchase Link
Dark and Stormy - ochopika - Purchase Link
Global Thermonuclear War - brockart - Purchase Link
Your Friendly Neighborhood Bearista - Drew Brockington aka Brockart - Purchase Link
Types of Chemical Bonds - wirdou - Purchase Link
Turtles Love Pizza - fishbiscuit5 - Purchase Link
Inspired by Katamari Damacy - fuacka - Purchase Link
Ninjas vs. Vikings - Radscoolian - Purchase Link
The Catchers - patrickspens - Purchase Link
The 4th Dimension - cmdixon2 - Purchase Link
Dare to Keep Your Kids Off Cauliflower - ApeLad - Purchase Link
Give Till It Hurts - David Staffell - Purchase Link
$ - Dan Rule - Purchase Link
Grow - mwm8180 - Purchase Link
Snowmen In Heat - jamescho84 - Purchase Link
Unhappy Meeting - samryan - Purchase Link

Mavyn wrote:Here's an odd question...would you be able to ID honorable mentions? That would be awesome...but kind of a pain as well...and perhaps only cool to me, since you can always look at double-takes to see what got one.

Without manually checking for HM's, probably the best thing that I could do is to do a check on the derby page for duplicate entries that are from a double take. This however would be delayed in between honorable mention derbies.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
lichme wrote:Without manually checking for HM's, probably the best thing that I could do is to do a check on the derby page for duplicate entries that are from a double take. This however would be delayed in between honorable mention derbies.

Thanks! Passed this on to the developers. The current theory revolves around redesign data migration issue.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Gatzby wrote:Thanks! Passed this on to the developers. The current theory revolves around redesign data migration issue.

That sounds right to me, Gatzby. Two of my shirts lost their link to the discussion page and therefore sales info at that time. It does not look to be the same issue as the others that have been listed so far. They are -
Shelf Life
Four Seasons In One Day

lichme

PixelPants wrote:That sounds right to me, Gatzby. Two of my shirts lost their link to the discussion page and therefore sales info at that time. It does not look to be the same issue as the others that have been listed so far. They are -
Shelf Life
Four Seasons In One Day

Yeah, I found the discussion links for yours manually and added them to your Catalog Page

Narfcake

lichme wrote:Probably this list: ...

Quite a few on the list are D-contract shirts, so those won't have sales figures. I'll see about digging up the respective Woot-plus sale in which that applies later tonight.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
lichme wrote:Yeah, I found the discussion links for yours manually and added them to your Catalog Page

Thanks for taking the time, lichme. Seems like you are adding new features and functionality every time I look in the closet. The stats summary at the bottom of the individual artists page is another great addition.

Narfcake

Expanding on my post from yesterday ...

Give Till It Hurts - David Staffell - discussion link
$ - Dan Rule - discussion link

This was a special pick by Ken Jennings from derby #221, so no numbers:
Global Thermonuclear War - brockart

These were in a dead heat and were sold as a pair and do not have individual breakouts:
Snowmen In Heat - jamescho84
Unhappy Meeting - samryan

Likewise, these two were also from a tie:
Grow - mwm8180
- Death on a Pale White UNICORN!

The following are D-contract shirts and do not have their own discussion thread which shows the numbers ...
Mentions of Honor, January 2013 Edition:
Underworld Blossom - Rasabi
Armor Testing - patrickspens
Dare to Keep Your Kids Off Cauliflower - ApeLad
Pwned - fishbiscuit5 and kevlar51
Not on my Watch - Radscoolian
Math + Pumpkin = Pi - fishbiscuit5
Dark and Stormy - ochopika
- Tacobow
- Taking Flight
- Instant Punk
Hello My Name is Player 1 - patrickspens
Hello My Name is Player 2 - patrickspens
C is for Coffee - qetza
The 4th Dimension - cmdixon2
Bear Naked - tjost
Push to the Limit - walmazan

Mentions of Honor, April 2013 Edition:
There Will be Cake - odysseyroc
Treasure Island - fuacka
- Solar Transit Authority
Cult of Cathulhu - ochopika
Using the Force - walmazan
Turtles Love Pizza - fishbiscuit5
Fluidity - ramyb
- Salvation Lies Within
Lunar Raven - fuacka
- Jabberwocky
The Golem - kharmazero
The Ultimate Book Club - helgram
The Catchers - patrickspens
Life Isnt That Hard - wirdou
The Monkeys Paw - oneshoeoff
The Day My Childhood Died - tjost
The Cake is a Venn - tessderpervilles
Inspired by Katamari Damacy - fuacka
- Revolution
Types of Chemical Bonds - wirdou
Ninjas vs. Vikings - Radscoolian

The Shirts of Science:
Rocket Science Club - fishbiscuit5
- Darwin Dodo
Laughing Gas - Letter-Q
The Electromagnetic Spectrum - Wirdou & Alberto Arni

Dinowear:
- Connoisseurus Rex

Pi Day Party:
Good Mole Hunting - riffmaster18

Anthropomorphic World:
Your Friendly Neighborhood Bearista - Drew Brockington aka Brockart

Listen To Your Shirt:
- Stay Classy

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Boy, I feel silly for even bringing this up, but my vanity just won't let it go. I think I've had 21 derby wins and 10 dailies, but for some reason some of my derby prints are listed as robbielee, so it's keeping me off the top 10 lists. Not sure how it happened since I always enter as rglee129- I guess a lot of the process isn't that automated.

Thanks again for the amazing work on this. Sorry to pester you with my vain requests for Shirt.woot Top 10 fame.

lichme

rglee129 wrote:Boy, I feel silly for even bringing this up, but my vanity just won't let it go. I think I've had 21 derby wins and 10 dailies, but for some reason some of my derby prints are listed as robbielee, so it's keeping me off the top 10 lists. Not sure how it happened since I always enter as rglee129- I guess a lot of the process isn't that automated.

Thanks again for the amazing work on this. Sorry to pester you with my vain requests for Shirt.woot Top 10 fame.

I fixed your Catalog and changed the 2 shirts that were listed as RobbieLee to rglee129

I found some other problems with linking your derby entries to your printed shirts.

For example:
Printed Shirt vs Derby Entry

The titles don't match up, and the url endings don't match up, making it difficult to register the shirt as a print. There are several scenarios where this is likely happening, but the most common are title changes and resubs. I'll see what I can figure out sometime soon for a potential workaround.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
lichme wrote:I fixed your Catalog and changed the 2 shirts that were listed as RobbieLee to rglee129

I found some other problems with linking your derby entries to your printed shirts.

For example:

The titles don't match up, and the url endings don't match up, making it difficult to register the shirt as a print. There are several scenarios where this is likely happening, but the most common are title changes and resubs. I'll see what I can figure out sometime soon for a potential workaround.

This is the case for all of the inspired by derbies, as well as resubs and other entries that require renaming. From my (considerable) experience, the best bet on matching entries is going to be the "3rd place in Derby #123" listed on all derby winners for quite a long time at this point.

rglee129

lichme wrote:I fixed your Catalog and changed the 2 shirts that were listed as RobbieLee to rglee129

For example:

Thanks a ton for doing all of this. It really is a helpful resource for the artists- I used it last night to see what I had subbed and I figured out that I had a couple of near-prints from the woot derby I hadn't subbed anywhere else (so I just subbed them elsewhere today).

If you ever figure out how to combine the rglee129/robbielee thing that would be killer. Again, this is purely because I want to see my name on more of the top10 lists, so please put my request near the bottom of your priorities, if anywhere.

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

Wow, liquee, you're like... magic. It's awesome and amazing and astonishing and astounding that you've done all this work and continue to update with people's tips and requests. I'm beyond impressed. I hope this translates to something great for YOU.

lichme

rglee129 wrote:Thanks a ton for doing all of this. It really is a helpful resource for the artists- I used it last night to see what I had subbed and I figured out that I had a couple of near-prints from the woot derby I hadn't subbed anywhere else (so I just subbed them elsewhere today).

If you ever figure out how to combine the rglee129/robbielee thing that would be killer. Again, this is purely because I want to see my name on more of the top10 lists, so please put my request near the bottom of your priorities, if anywhere.

Done, I still need to fix some of the stats for "printed" (not due to your issue), but it should be working. Your collaborative shirt not included in stats though.

Sales Stats, your Artist Page, and your Catalog should all be updated.

Any other users that have an Alias let me know, and I can set that up.

bluchez wrote:This is the case for all of the inspired by derbies, as well as resubs and other entries that require renaming. From my (considerable) experience, the best bet on matching entries is going to be the "3rd place in Derby #123" listed on all derby winners for quite a long time at this point.

I see potential doing it this way, but I don't store place rankings for derby entries. This would also not work for things like "Editors Choice" that may be named differently.

I was thinking about having a link on the artist/derby page where you can report a shirt as printed that doesn't show as printed, with a dropdown of selections of that artists catalog prints. That way, I can just compare screenshots of the two shirts, and link them after they are reported.

For new shirts, I can just keep an eye on them, easy enough.

marceepauff wrote:Wow, liquee, you're like... magic. It's awesome and amazing and astonishing and astounding that you've done all this work and continue to update with people's tips and requests. I'm beyond impressed. I hope this translates to something great for YOU.

Thanks! I've had a couple of donations (Thanks fellas) after launching the Derby. I try to stick that stuff back to the community with contests and such. I enjoy the work, and the experience from doing it.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

Lol.... If I click on one of my shirts in the closet to look at the sales, I also have all of robbie lee/rglee shirts.... which would be aces if I could get paid for those.

Nothing follows.

lichme

taternuggets wrote:Lol.... If I click on one of my shirts in the closet to look at the sales, I also have all of robbie lee/rglee shirts.... which would be aces if I could get paid for those.

F5 - helps if I spell artist correctly.

rglee129

lichme wrote:Thanks! I've had a couple of donations (Thanks fellas) after launching the Derby. I try to stick that stuff back to the community with contests and such. I enjoy the work, and the experience from doing it.

You are amazing! Thanks!

lichme

Interesting to see how sales go up after a woot-off sale

lichme

Update: Added some more sales stats for people who have prints (Sample)

Fixed: People with a large number of printed shirts errored out the sales page.

Narfcake

Liking the graphs!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Narfcake wrote:Liking the graphs!

Yeah I noticed them this morning, I had my page up hit refresh and it was like BAM! Really gotta thank you lichme for doing this for us, and I haven't forgotten about the graphics I promised you

PS also he changed the background to blue!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

This is a wonderful resource, lichme. Thank you so much for all your work.