omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

EDIT: CHANGING THE DESIGN!

Hey guys, is this worth submitting? I'm still not sure.

bubblehezza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubblehezza

Hahahaha at Vincent van fro

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
ste7enl wrote: anyway, all you negative nancies, I did this for the comp

Title: Scarecrogh

Ohhh this is really nice. I like the texture you have on this. Feels a bit like needle work... it seems a bit early in the year but I'm in Texas and fall doesn't start happening until October and winter is like 3 weeks in November and December so I'm probably a bit biased. =P

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
ApeLad wrote:Here's what I've got.

Vincent Van Fro by Ape Lad, on Flickr

ApeLad, you owe me a Kleenex...

I was checking this thread this morning on my phone while brushing my teeth.

One look at Vincent Van Fro and I laugh-spat toothpaste goo all over my phone.

bubblehezza

Here's Mine.

Not in a van gogh style but hey

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
benjaminleebates wrote:Yeah, you are right, just being snarky...
What gives the impression of missing originality is the FOG. Even though the winners end up being the unique entries, the FOG is often populated with the mindless garbage.

The fog is always populated with garbage, voted on by the mindless followers. Look down into the derby, that's where I usually find original good art but unfortunately my vote is not enough.

bubblehezza

tomspc wrote:The fog is always populated with garbage, voted on by the mindless followers. Look down into the derby, that's where I usually find original good art but unfortunately my vote is not enough.

Yeh sometimes I see a piece of work in the fog and think jesus who's voting for that, but generally the fog is quite good, a decent representation of the good artists on woot. However I do see some awesome stuff with maybe
30/40 votes that isnt getting the kind of recognition it deserves. and thats a shame

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

This is gorgeous. I don't like red, but I would buy this in a heartbeat.

ApeLad wrote:Here's what I've got.

Vincent Van Fro by Ape Lad, on Flickr

I think Bob Ross has been dinged by the 'no celebrity likenesses' previously. Funny, but I'd expect a rejection. That said, 'happy little stars!'

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

massha10

quality posts: 68 Private Messages massha10

NO CATS?! Awwwwww bummer. I get the no doctor Who rule - with all the exploding Van Gogh Tardises all over the Internet - but cats? I want a shirt with an Impressionist cat!

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1

Beautiful. I would buy this in a heart beat.

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
tjost wrote:Also I finally got my black Woot square last night so everyone has to agree with me because as it says I'm now better then everyone else

Congratulations! Seven years of hard work pays off!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
bubblehezza wrote:Here's Mine.

Not in a van gogh style but hey

Funny, but unless I'm seeing it wrong, that looks like his right ear, not his left.

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme
jessisima wrote:
While this isn't in the style of Van Gogh, here is the concept I came up with for this week. I'm still working on it, but does it read ok so far?

Yeah, that was my first idea (or something similar) as well. I saw another one that was really well done (unlike what I came up with), but I couldn't find it printed.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo

Gorgeous! Would buy and wear all year round.

bubblehezza

cdrewlow wrote:Funny, but unless I'm seeing it wrong, that looks like his right ear, not his left.

Holy Hershey's Kiss..... BRB

Thanks

bubblehezza

bubblehezza wrote:Holy Hershey's Kiss..... BRB

Thanks

Thanks For Pointing that out bro, I would need to redraw from a different angle and Im just about to leave the house. I hope this quick edit will suffice

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

Anyone got any last-minute edit suggestions?

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
DianaSprinkle wrote:Ohhh this is really nice. I like the texture you have on this. Feels a bit like needle work... it seems a bit early in the year but I'm in Texas and fall doesn't start happening until October and winter is like 3 weeks in November and December so I'm probably a bit biased. =P

Hehe, I moved to California this year, from Vermont...I don't even think fall happens here, but being from Vermont, it's almost time.

Barry0611

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barry0611

I immediately thought of a Van Gogh styled rendition of the Reservoir Dogs ear scene. Maybe someone who can draw can take a stab at it.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
Barry0611 wrote:I immediately thought of a Van Gogh styled rendition of the Reservoir Dogs ear scene. Maybe someone who can draw can take a stab at it.

I thought of that too, so someone probably did.

caspertheghost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caspertheghost

Wow... I just realized how much easier it is doing a Van Gogh style in photoshop compared to GIMP.

deboraho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboraho
ste7enl wrote:So then how did I win with an original piece? Explain.

You are in.... original will slide by occasionally, jmo or you have a fan base, which is good.... if they make the actual purchase of the shirt.

deboraho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboraho
deboraho wrote:You are in.... original will slide by occasionally, jmo or you have a fan base, which is good.... if they make the actual purchase of the shirt.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

just thought i'd hop back in here and say thanks to all the nice words

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit

Is anyone else having issues submitting a print ready file? Mine is a little over 13 meg and it keeps getting sent back because the file is too big. I know I have sent in bigger ones before.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

oakenspirit wrote:Is anyone else having issues submitting a print ready file? Mine is a little over 13 meg and it keeps getting sent back because the file is too big. I know I have sent in bigger ones before.

hmm. yeah, if others could weigh in on this, that'd help bunches.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

oakenspirit

PemberDucky wrote:hmm. yeah, if others could weigh in on this, that'd help bunches.

Tried again with a different version of the file- 12.9 M- still bounced back...

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain woot.com by corpmail.woot.com. [209.12.104.157].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size

Should I send it somewhere other than derby@woot.com or should we wait till we figure out how to fix it? Just don't want to be disqualified because I didn't send in a printready. Sorry to bug you.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
oakenspirit wrote:Tried again with a different version of the file- 12.9 M- still bounced back...

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain woot.com by corpmail.woot.com. [209.12.104.157].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size

Should I send it somewhere other than derby@woot.com or should we wait till we figure out how to fix it? Just don't want to be disqualified because I didn't send in a printready. Sorry to bug you.

Here's my suggestion:
Try uploading it to your public folder in Dropbox--and then provide Woot with the link to that file.

I hope this helps...

oakenspirit

EwingKlipspringer wrote:Here's my suggestion:
Try uploading it to your public folder in Dropbox--and then provide Woot with the link to that file.

I hope this helps...

BRILLIANT! Thanks for the suggestion. I sent the link just now. Hope it's okay woot.

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

A lot of cheap shots at a brilliant artist who suffered terribly. Just saying.

sweetaddietude

tiffanys09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiffanys09
oakenspirit wrote:BRILLIANT! Thanks for the suggestion. I sent the link just now. Hope it's okay woot.

The problem should be fixed now.

However, if in doubt the above suggestion for Dropbox or something similar is always a good "go to" if the derby email is not working.

Technology!!! *fist shake*

If you continue to have difficulties, please let us know here!

oakenspirit

tiffanys09 wrote:The problem should be fixed now.

However, if in doubt the above suggestion for Dropbox or something similar is always a good "go to" if the derby email is not working.

Technology!!! *fist shake*

If you continue to have difficulties, please let us know here!

Thanks so much for working on it for us.

I tried again and it still bounced back but I did send the dropbox link to the same address so you guys should have access to it.

Maybe it's just my email address that's blocked- ;)

tiffanys09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiffanys09
oakenspirit wrote:Thanks so much for working on it for us.

I tried again and it still bounced back but I did send the dropbox link to the same address so you guys should have access to it.

Maybe it's just my email address that's blocked- ;)

Ok, good to know. I'll work on seeing what the deal is.

We did get your dropbox though, so you are a-ok at this point.

oakenspirit

tiffanys09 wrote:Ok, good to know. I'll work on seeing what the deal is.

We did get your dropbox though, so you are a-ok at this point.

Thanks!

chunkcherry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkcherry
oakenspirit wrote:Is anyone else having issues submitting a print ready file? Mine is a little over 13 meg and it keeps getting sent back because the file is too big. I know I have sent in bigger ones before.

Have you tried to ZIP it? PS files compress well.

oakenspirit

chunkcherry wrote:Have you tried to ZIP it? PS files compress well.

If I get the same thing next week, I'll try that too. The fact that 13 is too big seems to be the issue though. I think UNDER 20 is the norm. (not sure though)

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
chunkcherry wrote:Have you tried to ZIP it? PS files compress well.

Almost too well... makes me wonder what all that space is wasted on.

Nothing follows.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
taternuggets wrote:Almost too well... makes me wonder what all that space is wasted on.

White spots, obviously.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.