jalbertson1122 wrote:

This will be rejected for celebrity likeness and using photos

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
no1 wrote:"letters from my parents"

I agree. That's an awesome name

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Any Quick advice? With or without the "Words"?
I like how I HEART ROBOT plays off of I Robot but I think I would wear it more without the text... can't decide!!!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Here's mine, making proper use of the blink tag. :p

I sketched and then painted this weeping angel:

Used that to generate ASCII which I then tweaked parts of manually:

oakenspirit

Spiritgreen wrote:Here's mine,

That is terrifying! Looks rad spiritgreen.

Spiritgreen

Thanks oaken'. Nice robot!

I like it with the text. What about 'Robots' instead of 'Robot'? Have you tried it with an electric yellow heart? It would be less cute but sometimes that's a good thing.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
Spiritgreen wrote:Here's mine, making proper use of the blink tag. :p

I sketched and then painted this weeping angel:

Used that to generate ASCII which I then tweaked parts of manually:

Oh My Failing Grades!. You win again, SG! Great work!

oakenspirit

Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks oaken'. Nice robot!

I like it with the text. What about 'Robots' instead of 'Robot'? Have you tried it with an electric yellow heart? It would be less cute but sometimes that's a good thing.

Thanks Spirit- just tried various yellows and I think I prefer the pop of the red, though I like your sentiment. Also, the more I sat with it, the more the text kept making it seem bottom heavy to me or disjointed.

So, hope you don't think I saw your advice and said WHATEVER... ;) I do appreciate it.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
oakenspirit wrote:Any Quick advice? With or without the "Words"?
I like how I HEART ROBOT plays off of I Robot but I think I would wear it more without the text... can't decide!!!

No text for me.

mdh22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdh22
mdh22 wrote:very clever!

Used your suggestion, thanks again!

apalooza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apalooza
marceepauff wrote:I still have mine. And it is. (But it isn't gold plated.)

My VIC-20 with cassette data tape drive is in my garage. I'd bet it boots up immediately. I'm not going to try it though.

Please vote for my derby entry this week:
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/80602/celebrate-individuality

nretamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nretamp

What happened to the derby? 260 votes for a Friday winning shirt?

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
nretamp wrote:What happened to the derby? 260 votes for a Friday winning shirt?

Beats the heck out of last week. lol.

Nothing follows.

Spiritgreen

@sonofafish, thanks. :^) It took me until midnight last night to come up with an idea that had a reason for being ASCII art.

@oaken', just do the opposite of everything I say. It seems to be working! ;p

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Last Friday the winner was 170

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mdh22 wrote:Used your suggestion, thanks again!

anytime. sorry it couldn't get you more votes.

mdh22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdh22
no1 wrote:anytime. sorry it couldn't get you more votes.

No problem, I definitely think that it helped.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

its sad because there is very little original art any more. its all mash ups of popculture. and i think people are getting sick of it.. most of the great artists from here are gone, there are a couple that come by every now and then but for the most part is ramyb clones or the artists from that bird shirt site next door. if you keep seeing the same doctor who, star wars, mario, zelda, or some other popculture/movie crap every week you tend to not even care and stop showing up.

taternuggets

So if there are 2 ascii tardis shirt winners, does woot reject the second one because similar shirts exist?

Nothing follows.

bluetuba

taternuggets wrote:So if there are 2 ascii tardis shirt winners, does woot reject the second one because similar shirts exist?

We can only hope!

There could potentially be a Doctor Who sweep with those and the weeping angel. Wooooo, pop culture never gets old!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

88fingerz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 88fingerz

Some incredibly cool designs in this derby. Love seeing all of this creative stuff! Thanks, Woot!

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Star Wars, Doctor Who and Mario in the fog.
What a surprise. -_-'
Oh wait... 2 DOCTOR WHO SHIRTS made it into the fog!

I understand you're fans of the show but when all of your shirts are the same exact booth... wouldn't it be tiresome?
At least the cats are different. ><

Is it too much to ask to get creative stuff in the FOG?

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
writermist wrote:Star Wars, Doctor Who and Mario in the fog.
What a surprise. -_-'

I understand you're fans of the show but when all of your shirts are the same exact booth... wouldn't it be tiresome?

3 doctor who shirts!!! not 2 but 3!!! then you have star wars, hitchhikers guide, harry potter, and a pie shirt but at least the pie is a new form of it and it actually looks good.

what i don't understand is how the two booths are still in there, usually booths get rejected quick!

we need more originality! we need some of our older artists to come back NOT Ramyb!!! but the good ones, its great seeing bootsboots back now if we can just get the others to come back too!

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
What a surprise. -_-'

I had the same complaint, and the answer I got from the peanut gallery was that people create what sells. Apparently Doctor Who and Super Mario are the only things that sell?

Votes appreciated.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
marceepauff wrote:I had the same complaint, and the answer I got from the peanut gallery was that people create what sells. Apparently Doctor Who and Super Mario are the only things that sell?

Also cookie monster.
But I gotta say, I decided to stop being upset about this. I'm not gonna come in as someone who is relatively new to the active community and try to dictate what they should like. Instead, I've managed to drum up some votes from outside the active community (thanks, r/lovecraft!) so I could design what I like and would wear. Point is, as contest participants, we have to know that it's our job to court the votes, not the community's job to change their preferences to accommodate us.

With that in mind, it's probably not the best idea to call these very voters "the peanut gallery." Sounds a little dismissive.

bluetuba

It's alot easier to get votes from something familiar than with something good. There are lots of people out there who can see anything with Mario or TMNT on it and HHHUUUURRRRRR vote for it without a second glance.

It was pretty much the same thing with chibi style cute animals a few years ago.

I think with a smaller voter and fan base here these days the problem is worse. I can't blame the artists too much for doing what it takes to have a chance. What we need are better voters. ;)

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
bluetuba wrote:There are lots of people out there who can see anything with Mario or TMNT on it and HHHUUUURRRRRR vote for it without a second glance.

Hey Taternuggets, go find these people and get them to vote for your crappy Mario shirt.

taternuggets

ignorant wrote:Hey Taternuggets, go find these people and get them to vote for your crappy Mario shirt.

I'm still trying to figure out what mario shirt these people are seeing in the fog. Surely they don't mean waldo. Do I have different fog?

Nothing follows.

ignorant

taternuggets wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what mario shirt these people are seeing in the fog. Surely they don't mean waldo. Do I have different fog?

1Up was there until rejected.

bluetuba

Clearly the voters just don't like you guys personally and won't give you votes even for a crappy Mario design! :P

ignorant

bluetuba wrote:Clearly the voters just don't like you guys personally and won't give you votes even for a crappy Mario design! :P

Can't blame you

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
sonofafish wrote:Also cookie monster.
But I gotta say, I decided to stop being upset about this. I'm not gonna come in as someone who is relatively new to the active community and try to dictate what they should like. Instead, I've managed to drum up some votes from outside the active community (thanks, r/lovecraft!) so I could design what I like and would wear. Point is, as contest participants, we have to know that it's our job to court the votes, not the community's job to change their preferences to accommodate us.

With that in mind, it's probably not the best idea to call these very voters "the peanut gallery." Sounds a little dismissive.

Actually I was being dismissive of peanuts. Such a a sad and pathetic nut.

Votes appreciated.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

You all make good points. I guess I don't understand the voters. Maybe I should just join the band wagon and make Mario shirts since most of my original designs don't even get pass 30 votes. T-T
Even the really really good ones that take me forever to do. -_-

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
writermist wrote:You all make good points. I guess I don't understand the voters. Maybe I should just join the band wagon and make Mario shirts since most of my original designs don't even get pass 30 votes. T-T
Even the really really good ones that take me forever to do. -_-

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
marceepauff wrote:Actually I was being dismissive of peanuts. Such a a sad and pathetic nut.

Legume, actually.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dacrete

quality posts: 115 Private Messages dacrete
What a surprise. -_-'

Less shirts I'm tempted to buy this way. I'm up for more cat ones I agree they are different!! NO MORE PHONE BOOTHS ugh

sharzwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharzwoot

I know the guy who invented the 5 1/4 .... I bet that I could get him to autograph the diskette prize for you !