reverseemf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reverseemf

This is the woot cause of all ilwiteracy!

searbet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searbet

And, hast thou slain the shirtwoot typo?
Come to my arms, my beamish tee!

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
BelyndaG wrote:Memorized this entire poem in 5th grade which was 45 years ago. Still recite it from time to time. Must have the shirt as a cheat sheet now that I'm old and my memory is fading.

For me it was 7th grade in "Study Skills" class. That was um... (pulls out his abacus)... 37 years ago.

I don't remember all of it, but certainly most.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Hey guys, we will indeed be updating. Rasabi has provided new art, you should see it up soonly.

Edit: Fixed.

jscalise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jscalise

Oh my glarf--- the description on this item is fooferiffic.

terkarch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terkarch

Thanks for showing the corrected t-shirt on the sales page. It reassured me that it would be correct when I get it. Now, if you could correct the blurb to say "real words" rather than "real worlds" my little English teacher heart would be so happy.

jremmes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jremmes

People in Wyoming are not amused!

Not one sold, no no no no!
Not one sold, yeah yeah yeah yeah!

hahahaha Jaberwocky must have skipped this state, or the whole state was furious with the typo?

Whichever, it's just one giant white block in the middle of all the grey.
hahahaha

[quote="Mr. Blobby"]The text Mr. Blobby wrote would go here[/quote]

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jub jub.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

terkarch wrote:Now, if you could correct the blurb to say "real words" rather than "real worlds" my little English teacher heart would be so happy.

Done!

scottjl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages scottjl

the picture shows the image off to the left of center, the features states "Design Placement: Centered"

could someone clarify where the image is placed? i really don't need a sword down the middle of my chest pointing to my "man sword".

afkrypto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages afkrypto
jremmes wrote:People in Wyoming are not amused!

Not one sold, no no no no!
Not one sold, yeah yeah yeah yeah!

hahahaha Jaberwocky must have skipped this state, or the whole state was furious with the typo?

Whichever, it's just one giant white block in the middle of all the grey.
hahahaha

I saw this too. Looks like there's a hole in the map, or the data for Wyoming has gone missing.

searbet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searbet

Lewis Carroll doing Jabberwocky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Qcv9e3JCI

PemberDucky

Staff

scottjl wrote:the picture shows the image off to the left of center, the features states "Design Placement: Centered"

could someone clarify where the image is placed? i really don't need a sword down the middle of my chest pointing to my "man sword".

it appears that this has been rectified; the placement is now listed as "right."

no subconscious indication now.

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione

Can I have one of the original incorrectly spelled shirts please? It's all nonsense anyway, and if a small number of shirts with a typo were printed, they will have a certain scarcity value...

Wall-Man

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wall-Man

As only the Muppets could...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm9o6DH_uzE

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
PemberDucky wrote:it appears that this has been rectified; the placement is now listed as "right."

no subconscious indication now.

If the diagram is correct, the design is definitely on the left. Unless we're looking at the back of the shirt. Or if you're from the Southern hemisphere. Or if you're situs inversus. Or all three (but not just two).

PemberDucky

Staff

Bione wrote:If the diagram is correct, the design is definitely on the left. Unless we're looking at the back of the shirt. Or if you're from the Southern hemisphere. Or if you're situs inversus. Or all three (but not just two).

we're all situs inversus up in here.

i'll inquire about getting the placement confirmed.

UPDATE: it's the right. placement is from the perspective looking AT the design, not based on the wearer's perspective.

i got all confused with that myself. the earlier placement blunder + the typo have really made me question everything i thought i knew about the world.

scottjl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages scottjl

@PemberDucky - thanks for the clarification! shirt ordered!

coribug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coribug

I floogle "Alice in Wonderland"! Why, oh why, must this shirt be only available in gray?

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

I love Alice in Wonderland and this poem in particular, although I regrettably admit I have not memorized this poem yet. I'll fix that someday. Mostly I love this design seeing as how my name is boldly printed there in black and white right at the tip of the sword. I can usually only get personalized stuff at Christmas...

PemberDucky

Staff

EXCITING LIMITED EDITION MISTAKE VERSION.

THE INVERTED JENNY OF SHIRT.WOOT!!

wootcannibal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootcannibal

Firstly, let it be known that I think this shirt is freaking awesome.

/rant mode on
Secondly, I must say that I still hate woot's redesign, especially the shirts page, cause I can't ever get enough of a close up on the design. I'm sure the artists put a lot of effort into the intricacies of these designs and it's a shame that I can't see them half the time. It's especially frustrating when there's small text like in this shirt.

(And yes, I know, there's a zoom-in magnifying glass, but it barely does anything...)
/endrant

greenleaf44

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greenleaf44
searbet wrote:Lewis Carroll doing Jabberwocky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Qcv9e3JCI

If you listen carefully, Carroll says, "fruminous" rather than "frumious." I wonder which was intended?

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi
PemberDucky wrote:EXCITING LIMITED EDITION MISTAKE VERSION.

THE INVERTED JENNY OF SHIRT.WOOT!!

:X

*cry*

Well. I'll stop my burbling. I'm glad Woot was able to cleave order from my tulgey woods of shame.

As for putting the design on gray... I felt it was the best color for legibility for a design with both black and white (and gold too).

Thanks to everyone who has commented or picked one up. Have a frabjous day~

glimfeather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glimfeather

sigh, another great design I'm missing out on because I can't stand the anvil shirts. Please bring back AA shirts woot!

anschutz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages anschutz
afkrypto wrote:I saw this too. Looks like there's a hole in the map, or the data for Wyoming has gone missing.

I felt bad, so I fixed the hole in the middle of the US.

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi
anschutz wrote:I felt bad, so I fixed the hole in the middle of the US.

If I am ever in Wyoming I will be on the look out for it. You have to tell me if you move though because I'm going to feel really silly asking everyone for leads if it's not even there anymore.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 25.551s
First Sucker: laurann
Last Wooter to Woot: mseverheart4
Last Purchase: 5 minutes ago

First day sales 1629
First day posts 66

wizzard1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wizzard1

AAAAARGH!!! Completely forgot and now its too late............

doughe00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doughe00

I like the shirt, but what I really want is this on a canvas print!

upnorth715

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upnorth715

Never thought of that! Oh, so much more fun will be Jabberwocky from now, with tunes added to its potentcy! Thanks for the tip! There's lots of common-meter tunes that will fit.....

RobinBobcat wrote:Poor monkey! I mean, bad enough you're slapping a shipping label on it, but you're sending it off to the vet for a snipping?

For maximum fun, realize that Jabberwocky is close to 'common meter' and thus can be sung to a large number of tunes (it has an extra syllable every other line you have to work in). It works very nicely with Greensleeves, William Tell Overture, and with a bit of motification - Love Shack ("He galumphed back! He galumphed back, baby...")