amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo
anngruden wrote:Seriously folks ... some giggly little boys may think it's "funny" but found this pretty offensive opening up email this morning. Woot stuff should all be kid friendly ... for shame whoever approved it ... no prude, but just unsubscribed. Don't need it.

Come on, it is SLOTH not One-Eyed Willie. Heh.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
anngruden wrote:Seriously folks ... some giggly little boys may think it's "funny" but found this pretty offensive opening up email this morning. Woot stuff should all be kid friendly ... for shame whoever approved it ... no prude, but just unsubscribed. Don't need it.

Having not seen the email, I'm going to guess it references One Eyed Willie? Which is a CHARACTER in the movie The Goonies.
This shirt is of Sloth, who is another character in the movie The Goonies.

So... where is the outrage coming from?

goatcrapp

quality posts: 17 Private Messages goatcrapp
theco2 wrote:Then what would you call it?

I didn't even see it, until someone mentioned it.

seriously - I'm as pervy as it gets, and i saw sloth first.. penis didn't occur to me until it was mentioned here. Seems to me certain people have the D on the brain...

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
thumperchick wrote:Having not seen the email, I'm going to guess it references One Eyed Willie? Which is a CHARACTER in the movie The Goonies.
This shirt is of Sloth, who is another character in the movie The Goonies.

So... where is the outrage coming from?

Just re-looked at the email. It says:
Don't ever offer to "show someone your One-Eyed Willie".

I would guess if you are overly sensitive plus allow your imagination to make the Sloth skull look like the head of a circumcised penis, you could be outraged.

Some people must enjoy being outraged because they certainly like to look for reasons to be so.

Anybody see any giggling boys as a result of the email?

ladyoftheword

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyoftheword
blue_94_trooper wrote:What the heck are you talking about?

Oooh. The shape of his skull kind of looks like the "tip" of something obscene. And I say "kind of" very hesitantly, since it took me a minute or two to figure it out.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

What about us 'giggly girls' that thinks it's funny?! Don't forget us!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fuzzypeaches

afwalton wrote:Why do you hate America so much?

Exactly!

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh

You are clearly in denial. It's ok, you can be a prude, but at least be proud of it.

ezowie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ezowie

Does anyone know if the hoodies tend to run on the tight or baggy side? According to the sizing chart for hoodies, I am right at an XL, but I don't want it to be too tight (nor do I want to swim in it either)

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

I suddenly have this urge for some Rocky Road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dW9liiGyP_g

theco2

quality posts: 89 Private Messages theco2
fuzzypeaches wrote:What about us 'giggly girls' that thinks it's funny?! Don't forget us!

As long as I can giggle about your screen name.

midnightnerfherder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightnerfherder
tumadreconcaso wrote:I think you need to go check out whine.woot.com...

Sometimes people see what they want to see. I saw Sloth - you saw, well, I don't want to say what you saw since I want to keep this "kid friendly" as you say.

I don't see it, never saw one that looks like that either. Those people might want to talk to someone about their little problem. lol

fuzzypeaches

theco2 wrote:As long as I can giggle about your screen name.

Touche.

darthstump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthstump

I'm probably not the first to mention this but why isn't this being offered as a flag also? get on it shirt.woot. #youreslipping

darthstump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthstump
theraptorred wrote:I would so buy this if it came in a flag form!!

ditto my friend

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
ezowie wrote:Does anyone know if the hoodies tend to run on the tight or baggy side? According to the sizing chart for hoodies, I am right at an XL, but I don't want it to be too tight (nor do I want to swim in it either)

The pullovers and zip-ups are true to size or slightly loose. The lightweight hoodies run tight, so that I order a size larger.

davekoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davekoo

Allrightythen... All I see is a skull... Not sure what you're seeing...

mconheady

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mconheady

Blatant rip of this fury shirt from a while back.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 38.337s
First Sucker: paryb
Last Wooter to Woot: xtruex
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago

First day sales 1408
First day posts 57

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
mconheady wrote:Blatant rip of this fury shirt from a while back.

See, I'm thinking the the Sloth skull in that one is the exact same as the one on 6dollartee.

While this shirt definitely falls under the "similar shirts exist" rule, the blatant ripping off happened between teefury and $6tee.

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
thumperchick wrote:See, I'm thinking the the Sloth skull in that one is the exact same as the one on 6dollartee.

While this shirt definitely falls under the "similar shirts exist" rule, the blatant ripping off happened between teefury and $6tee.

Agreed
Don't be a hater

daisyfey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daisyfey
phima256 wrote:Got the pullover hoodie!! I love it!

How do you order the hoodie?!?!

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde

It always amuses me to see people arguing over which artist cashing in on a hugely popular, original movie with a thinly veiled parody is ripping off the other. It's an awesome shirt. Buy it or don't. Buy it here or buy it from the other guy. I'm simply glad they exist. Viva la capitalism!!