lichme

quality posts: 2905 Private Messages lichme

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
orabbit wrote:I've got Sherlock on the brain. Which one should I go with? I probably shouldn't show how crummy my rough sketches are, but who cares?

Text on the magnifying glass is "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Just a note: You have the word what at the bottom of the glass frame and the word whatever at the top of the glass, so right now it reads "When you have eliminated the impossible, what whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

But I LIKE it! Keep going.......

07/11/14

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
jessisima wrote:Awesome, thanks for the suggestion. There are a few changes I think I'm going to make after looking at it longer, and I appreciate your input. I think "amused in a tragic sort of way" is a perfect description of how I feel about it as well.

It's sweet and sad. It's also well done. I like the hand-written letters better than a font. The more I look at it and read it, the more I find it interesting.

07/11/14

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
caramelarrow wrote:It's sweet and sad. It's also well done. I like the hand-written letters better than a font. The more I look at it and read it, the more I find it interesting.

Thanks! I'm redoing parts of it to make it crisper, but I'm happy with how its turning out.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
jessisima wrote:

I came across this quote by Nikola Tesla and thought it would make a very awkward shirt:

“I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me.
I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life.”
-Nikola Tesla

I decided to go with hand written text, and even though it is all very weird I hope someone might like it. Comments welcome.

Awesome. I have a friend who will love this.

Tardis-wise I say 3, 'cause it's a magic number.

michesco89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michesco89

Questions:

What constitutes tiny text? Smaller than 12 pt font or smaller than 20 pt font or what?

Also...does anyone know if DC/Marvel and Miyazaki characters would be rejected if posted due to copyright? I had a cool idea with a couple characters made of text but didn't want to put it up only to be rejected.

Thanks!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
michesco89 wrote:Questions:

What constitutes tiny text? Smaller than 12 pt font or smaller than 20 pt font or what?

Also...does anyone know if DC/Marvel and Miyazaki characters would be rejected if posted due to copyright? I had a cool idea with a couple characters made of text but didn't want to put it up only to be rejected.

Thanks!

DC/Marvel/Miyazaki - as long as there is parody, it should be fine-

as for the text, not sure- I am pretty sure 12 is good, I wouldn't go lower if you can help it.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
orabbit wrote:I've got Sherlock on the brain. Which one should I go with? I probably shouldn't show how crummy my rough sketches are, but who cares?

Text on the magnifying glass is "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

The magnifying glass for sure!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
TobiasAmaranth wrote:If Fox in Socks
I'm throwing this good idea into the wilds because Fable's gonna be busy this weekend, plus it's too soon for another fox shirt from her.

humph, it's never too soon for a fox shirt!

MaximusTCR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaximusTCR

An idea I have for this derby spawned from a scene in the movie Antichrist that also became an internet meme. "Chaos Reigns" in the shape of a fox head. I'm not an artist and I've never contributed artistically to a derby before. Just throwing an idea out there. Might be too dark for the general Shirt Woot community, but I would buy one.

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17

*sigh*
Looks like next week this will be another with nothing for me to buy
I so miss the old shirt woot

*weeps*

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

can we please have NO pop culture as a rule in every derby!! its just getting really old and seeing more than half the fog filled with popculture really is sad!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Is there a reason why SonofaFish hasn't posted his twerking video yet?

;)