pinsandnoodles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pinsandnoodles

Great concept, love it, congrats

rustygingerbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rustygingerbear

A simple fix would be a separate silkscreen for the boy or girl and one for the preferred gender.

As someone who has bought SEVERAL shirts from www.WOOT.com, I am definitely disappointed in this lack of equality!

pprincessjules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pprincessjules

No one is ever happy! Don't forget someone who just wanted to design a t-shirt created this, and if there were 50+ options it would over complicate something so simple. Move on people, it's just a T-shirt! Buy the next one tomorrow, if you don't like it today!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
rustygingerbear wrote:A simple fix would be a separate silkscreen for the boy or girl and one for the preferred gender.

As someone who has bought SEVERAL shirts from www.WOOT.com, I am definitely disappointed in this lack of equality!

Though it's not really that simple to double screen, and I have doubts about Woot getting such customization correctly, I do agree that additional options are welcome.

Perhaps offer the other two options in a side sale, Woot?

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

But what about our PanSexual friends who don't identify their partner by gender? And what about....and on and on and on.

Zombie shirt, that's it, move on.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I prefer shirts with male and female versions! Nicely done!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Wow. Lots of bored people on Monday mornings...

ShiroiOji

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShiroiOji

You know, if I could get one with the guy zombie saying that he prefers men with brains, I would totally buy it. However, it's inappropriate for me otherwise.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Zom Rom! Nice one Walmazan.

I suspect selling four variants at once is too much for Woot to handle until this hits the catalog. Hopefully everyone can get their version then.

scottjl

quality posts: 12 Private Messages scottjl

i'd have been in for a male zombie looking for guys with brains. sorry chicks, this dude digs..... sausages.

aercires

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aercires

Just want to throw my comment out there that I also wish there were of extra options for the LGBT community.

Having the option of a male zombie that likes men would have made me feel like there was an effort to be inclusionary, and I would have bought the shirt, even though it might not be my favorite design.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

I love it! Now I have to convince my GF that we should buy one for each other!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

I prefer more options!!!

Yay for Woot!!!

justjking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justjking

I'd be in for a LGBT option. As it is, not really relevant.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Instant sale.

Currently in the market for a woman with brains. Also, a pulse would be desirable.

mase123987

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mase123987

First off, it is a t-shirt! I think we can all agree that the creator was in no way, shape or form trying to look down on other sexualities.

That said, couldn't someone say the Zombies are racist because they have read hair which means that the t-shirts only show white zombies?

Point being, don't over think. It is about ZOMBIES!

theco2

quality posts: 55 Private Messages theco2

Why does these have to be Halloween shirts? I would wear it year around. I see them more as a, "Welcome to Season 4 of The Walking Dead," shirt.

I'm offended at the discrimination of holidays. Wait, I love Halloween and The Walking Dead, so never mind.

Oh, and this would be the perfect shirt for the Zombie walk, which was this last weekend, in Dead Moines.

DanarBB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DanarBB

Why the heck isn't there an option for 'I prefer PLANTS with brains?' Now THAT I would buy.

Narfcake

RayKremer wrote:... It's really difficult for large companies to address niche markets.

There have been designs in the Woot-plus side sales which sold one shirt in the week. That's about as small as a niche market as it can get.

As I see it ...
1. Secure rights from the artist (new D-contracts for two additional options?) ... which seems like it'll be okay already.
2. Put up designs in a new Woot-plus side sale for pre-ordering.
3. ???
4. Profit.

I know Woot likes the last one, so they just need to work out the other steps.

SupraWes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SupraWes

Thanks for including everyone :-(

jeighsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeighsen

I agree. I want a guy Zombie that says. I prefer Men with Brains!

theco2

OK, so we have come to the conclusion, you can't make all the people happy, all the time. I think that has been a general consensus for a long time, on shirt.woot.

Anyway, great work walmazan! I'm in for one of each, for my girlfriend and I.

steveb944

quality posts: 10 Private Messages steveb944

Hmm I'm wondering if this would start a positive conversation with a woman, it may keep them at bay unless they're pretty nerdy.

Side note, it's the most comments I've seen shooting down a shirt.

lsfoster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsfoster
joeykohs wrote:It hardly stands to reason that there is a major anti-homosexual/bisexual sentiment here.

I don't think anyone is implying any "anti"-anything intent from either the designer or Woot. They're simply pointing out why they won't be buying the shirt.

joeykohs wrote:I'm not trying to fan flames and argue, but taking the position that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" (not to all too many cliches to one post) and getting on a soapbox screaming "ACCEPT US!!!" doesn't help the cause.

Now, if Woot made it so that only men could buy the shirt that says women and women could buy the one that says men, I'd agree you have a case. Aside from that, and to make the trifecta, you're "making a mountain out of a mole hill."

I think the very fact that they went so far as to give the option of a male or female design shows that they are aware that people will care about what the shirt implies about the wearer. If the shirt had only included the female design saying "men with brains" I have a suspicion that many straight guys would have come on and made the same statement, "I won't be buying this shirt because..." I haven't yet seen anyone "demanding acceptance" or doing much other than making a simple statement so that either Woot or shirt designers are aware that there seems to be a sizeable group of LGBT folks on here.

So on that note, I am also a woman who prefers women with brains. ;)

theco2

I wish everyone had brains. Just sayin'.

lowkey88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowkey88
Side note, it's the most comments I've seen shooting down a shirt.

Really?

I've not seen any comments shooting it down, just a lot of 'wow, I wish I could buy this the way I'd like it'
Y'know, the way wooters do when it's the wrong blank/colour/type of shirt/weather outside...

I was very pleasantly surprised by the number of queer wooters who agreed with me that a gay slant would be cool.
Nothing wrong with the design as is, I'd just prefer a slightly different version.
I'm depressed by the amount of 'jeez, guys, it ain't homophobic. Sheesh, get off the soap box, bloody noisy minorities...' we're getting just for saying +1 to gay zombies.
At least wait for us to get worked up before telling us to calm down?

Edit: Kay, people post fast here!

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
vipermjb wrote:But what about our PanSexual friends who don't identify their partner by gender? And what about....and on and on and on.

Are you referring to Captain Jack Harkness? Anyway, this is shirt.woot.com not eharmony.com

theco2 wrote:I wish everyone had brains. Just sayin'.

I agree completely.

Narfcake

theco2 wrote:I wish everyone had brains. Just sayin'.

Is it lunchtime already?!?

amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo

Love the shirt design. I understand why the options are limited at this time but I agree that there should be LGBT options made available at some point.

joeykohs wrote:To add more customization options DOES add to the cost of printing the shirts, as well as the amount of time and labor that goes into the whole process.

You were making a decent point until you went on to say:

joeykohs wrote:If we're going to go that far, why not include a variety of animal choices for zoophiles, or a "children" option for pedophiles? I don't imagine anyone is going to stand up to defent pedophiles or zoophiles here, and I'm not a supporter of either of those groups."

Are you equating the LGBT community's request for shirt representation with a request for bestiality (zoophiles) and pedophilia? No one is requesting the latter because they are illegal sexual deviancies.

Wences, again, good shirt! Work up some m/m and w/w options for a side sale and we'd love you even more.

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch

So most days I come to Shirt Woot and the shirt doesn't reflect who I am. I never really thought about coming up with ways to make that shirt reflect who I am as an option. I just passed on the shirt.

But NOW...

Why couldn't they print that The Raven shirt with the the "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" in the shape of a boat, because that totally would have reflected who I am and I would have bought one. Geeze, Woot. Some of us prefer Coleridge to Poe.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

lonelypond

quality posts: 414 Private Messages lonelypond

Yeah Walmazan! No, there isn't an option for me but hey, that leaves space for enterprising and imaginative artists( and shirtwoot!) to step up, darn it. Girls, brains, prefer mad scientist type to zombie. Go ; )

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

Are there any Zombies that don't like brains?

theco2

moles1138 wrote:Are there any Zombies that don't like brains?

Yes, but it's an Acquired Taste.

vectorjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vectorjohn

That is blatantly Stewie from Family Guy. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

justjking

moles1138 wrote:Are there any Zombies that don't like brains?

There were the trout-craving zombies from The Middleman?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

notsomuch wrote:So most days I come to Shirt Woot and the shirt doesn't reflect who I am. I never really thought about coming up with ways to make that shirt reflect who I am as an option. I just passed on the shirt.

But NOW...

Why couldn't they print that The Raven shirt with the the "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" in the shape of a boat, because that totally would have reflected who I am and I would have bought one. Geeze, Woot. Some of us prefer Coleridge to Poe.

me!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

moles1138

theco2 wrote:Yes, but it's an Acquired Taste.

Oh yeah. Forgot that one.

moles1138

justjking wrote:There were the trout-craving zombies from The Middleman?

Don't remember that one.

asteriskadonis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asteriskadonis

yet another "I would prefer it if the design wasn't heteronormative" post...

justjking

moles1138 wrote:Don't remember that one.

Middleman - The Flying Fish Zombification

Art Crawl!