Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

@Wirdou, that is fun and menacing! Great lighting too.

---

I don't know if I have time to join in. Rats! >__<

This is my rough idea:

The Great Leveller

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

I really like the concept Matt, though I'm not sure what the white part is. Cosmic stuff?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
wirdou wrote:I really like the concept Matt, though I'm not sure what the white part is. Cosmic stuff?

Screaming souls spiralling into the void.

wirdou

oh!! that's even better!:D

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis

...and making an investment of at least 2 hrs for a proper sub.

2 hours? 2 hours?!! You're kidding me. I spend hours and hours on my illustrations, and they are not that detailed. I feel so incompetent. I am curious to know what the average time spent on a design is. Anybody care to share?

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
cherylfrancis wrote:...and making an investment of at least 2 hrs for a proper sub.

2 hours? 2 hours?!! You're kidding me. I spend hours and hours on my illustrations, and they are not that detailed. I feel so incompetent. I am curious to know what the average time spent on a design is. Anybody care to share?

Hey cheryl, it all depends on the artist and the design. I normally start around 9pm and "finish" between 2-3am (that's my only window). Some designs come easier and I even finish them in in 3-4 hours, but some may take longer. Sometimes I have to give the final touches at work Friday morning (don't tell my boss). But the secret is PRACTICE. I've always used the same time frame, but my designs now are more complicated than my first designs, and I've achieve that with practice. But remember, each artist is unique

oakenspirit

quality posts: 74 Private Messages oakenspirit

This is going to be an epic week!

@sonoffish- creepy Nylarathotep thing is awesome but I might agree on the third leg thing... if someone CAN make a phallic comment, they will...

@ocho- love the style and colors on that!

@Jussslic WOW- that is phenomenal!

@apelad Your style has really grown on me- hilarious

@pockets- Fun design and colors

@wirdou !!!!

@fellowspirit Can't wait to see where that goes- rad idea... I was going to do a grim reaper design too but... well... my grandma died a couple days ago and I couldn't bring myself to do it...
sorry to get heavy heh-

@ omar - saw your thing you "threw together" on facebook- AWESOME

and I'm spent...

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
cherylfrancis wrote:...and making an investment of at least 2 hrs for a proper sub.

No no, AT LEAST that, simply because that's probably close to the least amount of time I've spent on any sub (PS: it didn't do so hot). I definitely spend a lot more on average. Like, a lot.

oakenspirit

Here's what I have for this week-

Is LOST IN SPACE too Dallas Cowboys a title?

swimmernq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swimmernq

wow... I was excited about the entry I've been working on but the competition looks pretty stiff... good job guys.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Last night (after attempting to come up with a macabre design idea that I'd actually want to draw - and wear!) when I went to sleep I had a nightmare of a zombie chasing me through my neighborhood, as I ran and hid and weaved to get away.

I eventually hid in someone's car with other people trying to hide, all crammed in the seats with our heads down and really scared. It was not fun. Yikes!! ::backs away from Macabre derby::

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
wirdou wrote:great sketch Ochopika :D Sonofafish I cannot stop looking at the third leg :S:S:S Apelad great design as usually, do I agree with Omarfeliciano. Do you like this?

Love it! I wonder if it wouldn't be more effective with a pitchfork instead of the bat?

For sale: $12/Free Shipping

oakenspirit

marceepauff wrote:Love it! I wonder if it wouldn't be more effective with a pitchfork instead of the bat?

snow shovel!

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

wirdou

added the pitchfork!:D thanks for the advice!

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
wirdou wrote:added the pitchfork!:D thanks for the advice!

Actually, snow shovel is all kinds of brilliant.

I started doodling this but I don't have time to make it an entry.

For sale: $12/Free Shipping

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
omarfeliciano wrote:hahaha very funny.

Maybe the crosshatch on the bottom would work better if it was lighter, like in the tombstone...

Thanks! I tried and tried, but it kept looking like there was a light source underground. And then I started thinking "hey why don't I show his actual tunnel?", then things got muddled and confusing, and then I had to lay down.

wirdou

I finally added the snow shovel!!! Thanks for the idea!:D

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/74601/the-collector-with-snow-shovel

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
bluetuba wrote:

What's Truffleshuffle been up to?

School school school

scotadam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotadam

I'm really glad we've got a non-cute derby going. The dominance of cutecutecute themes and entries has been turning me off.
That said, are the cute entries in this derby going to be disqualified for being off topic? Please???

scotadam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotadam

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
tomspc wrote:hallefreakinglujah! NO CUTE!! I may get to buy a shirt this derby. For the fist time in a loooong time I'm excited about a derby! Thank you woot!

you know i thought the same thing on Friday but after lookin at the fog today im starting to think it will be yet another week of no shirt purchases.

ponies and condiment bottles along with another stupid coexist shirt, next thing we know we got a cookie monster and rabbits in the fog along with them.

theco2

quality posts: 55 Private Messages theco2
L3g3ndQ wrote:you know i thought the same thing on Friday but after lookin at the fog today im starting to think it will be yet another week of no shirt purchases.

ponies and condiment bottles along with another stupid coexist shirt, next thing we know we got a cookie monster and rabbits in the fog along with them.

They need to make a side sale, each week, for the top 10 that didn't win the derby. I can almost guarantee there would be more sales on those than for some of the winners. So many excellent designs get she shaft, because of the way this is done. It would also make artists less likely to cry "unfair," when they offer prizes to people who vote.

Manki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki

I've participated in a few woots now and I just wanted to say how impressive all of the effort that goes into this contest every week~
I know that I spend a good- I don't know like roughly 5 hours on mine. I guess that's too much time if I'd like to keep on participating. Also next week I'll try to get my entry in when the doors open for subs! What a rush, though Gluck Foggies!

-

oakenspirit

Manki wrote:I've participated in a few woots now and I just wanted to say how impressive all of the effort that goes into this contest every week~
I know that I spend a good- I don't know like roughly 5 hours on mine. I guess that's too much time if I'd like to keep on participating. Also next week I'll try to get my entry in when the doors open for subs! What a rush, though Gluck Foggies!

It's addictive isn't it? ;) I've gone through phases of "I'm totally quiting next week!!!" but keep coming back- and I'm glad I have- I've really grown to enjoy and adore the community here.