theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2
Lowerone wrote:Maybe woot will offer a random wife two pack tomorrow.

I was thinking, this could be fun, but with my luck I would get two like my ex wife.

CollegeTom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CollegeTom

I'll give them one more try. Declining quality and now this "must buy two" minimum is off-putting.

patbrit7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patbrit7

I would be very, very wary of buying from shirtwoot! I bought an xl t-shirt once and when I received it, it was marked xl and would be lucky if it fit a 12 year old! And because of the price it's not worth sending them back.

carladiaz78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carladiaz78
nullvalu wrote:Not buying either. All the shirts I've bought from woot lately end up making me look like Baby Huey after a couple washes. As other say, they are too short. It's not even worth the $6 if I only get to wear a shirt once. Please Woot, PLEASE fix this! Shirts I bought several years ago still fit fine.. its just anything from in the past year or so.. I don't know what the brand of the blanks were because I always remove the annoyingly large tags.

Oh bother! I did not know ordering the right fitting t-shirt could be so problematic! I have heard of the torment of finding the perfect fitting jeans (my personal affliction), but now t-shirts? What is the world coming to?

asasne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asasne

For the most part, the women's XL shirts I have ordered within the last few months haven't been too incredibly short after washing, except for the 'silver' grey color. I wonder if the length varies by color? Or perhaps I tend to notice the shortness of the 'silver' shirts more since I am more paranoid about dropping food on it.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
patbrit7 wrote:I would be very, very wary of buying from shirtwoot! I bought an xl t-shirt once and when I received it, it was marked xl and would be lucky if it fit a 12 year old! And because of the price it's not worth sending them back.

Did you check the sizing chart before you order? That should be standard procedure for ordering any article of clothing sight unseen.

Also keep in mind that Woot changed suppliers a year and a half ago; some folks dropped down two sizes to get something that fitted like they were used to.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

In for two pairs... of ACES! Beat that, suckers!

Well Woot, you did say you wanted RANDOM comments... ;)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Narfcake wrote:Did you check the sizing chart before you order? That should be standard procedure for ordering any article of clothing sight unseen.

Also keep in mind that Woot changed suppliers a year and a half ago; some folks dropped down two sizes to get something that fitted like they were used to.

There is definitely the chance that he got an XL kids size. Once I ordered 2 XL tees, and they sent me a single 2XL one. But they made good on that goof up with 2 correctly sized tees sent FedEx!

theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2

For those that still want the random t-shirts, you can still get them, for a couple more days.

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4
manhandsha wrote:Guys- this isn't the place to discuss the old vs. new blanks. There's a whole thread for that. Let's try and keep the conversation good and random!

You can't be serious?

"Hey guys, let's not discuss the quality of the item for sale in the thread for said item."

Narfcake

SkekTek wrote:There is definitely the chance that he got an XL kids size. ...

Probably not, actually, as the kids shirts are sized with numbers instead. With the Woot/AA shrits, the ! was red.

The current Woot/Anvil kids shirts have the same dark blue ! tag as the men's shirts.

theco2 wrote:For those that still want the random t-shirts, you can still get them, for a couple more days.

Seems like they still have an overstock issue; a far cry from the past when random shirt day meant multiple sizes sell out before the day was up.

impaul4 wrote:You can't be serious?

"Hey guys, let's not discuss the quality of the item for sale in the thread for said item."

Sadly, they are serious. There have been many posts deleted on the dailies when folks chimed in regarding the blanks.

(For those inclined to do some reading, the two main threads are " Time to Change Our Shirt: Shirt.Woot Now Using Anvil Blank Tees" and "Let's Talk Lady Sizes".)

portbcv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages portbcv

2 Mens and 2 Womens... Good luck, Master Duck!

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

I got my shirt-off randoms today...was sent the wrong size, and one of them was the "ASS" shirt. Such cruel irony.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

CollegeTom

dlcarst77 wrote:I got my shirt-off randoms today...was sent the wrong size, and one of them was the "ASS" shirt. Such cruel irony.

You got them already? Mine haven't shipped yet. Did you pay for expedited shipping?

Narfcake

CollegeTom wrote:You got them already? Mine haven't shipped yet. Did you pay for expedited shipping?

The shirt-off was on the 15th, so this was last week's randoms.

ibbiewibbie1910

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibbiewibbie1910

bought four and not one worth wearing. lousy selection. thought of all the Dr. Who mentions I would at least get one decent one. No! Don't buy the randon shirts.

lisabeth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisabeth
dlcarst77 wrote:I got my shirt-off randoms today...was sent the wrong size, and one of them was the "ASS" shirt. Such cruel irony.

I have gotten the ASS shirt and the black-white-red all over.
Neither can be worn around kids. Too bad they did not send you a top seller along with the ASS shirt. No surprise that one did not fly off the shelves

vbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbee

This is the second time I've bought a random pack and once again I'm pleased with what I received. Maybe I'm just easy to please. I got:
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/lucky-at-last
and
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-dragon-claw-lesson

fistsoffaith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fistsoffaith

Got mine today!

Spring Dream, which is awesome

and

Your Ideas, which is going on the trading block (too Happy Bunny for me)

I'm new here, but I can't imagine what all the complaining about sizing regarding shirt suppliers is about. My Mens S fits like a Mens S should, more so than most shirts I buy. Maybe I just got two AA shirts? Regardless, wishing I had bought more!

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

God with the amazon buy out i would've expected the shipping would have gotten better slowest shipppiinnng evvveeerrr!

noop

Narfcake

fistsoffaith wrote:... I'm new here, but I can't imagine what all the complaining about sizing regarding shirt suppliers is about. My Mens S fits like a Mens S should, more so than most shirts I buy. ...

The men's shirts remained the same width as before; it's the women's and kids sizes that changed the most.

New, they start out a slight bit shorter, but after a couple wash cycles, the differences get more pronounced. My personal experience is they shrink in length even when line dried, and about 10% going through a dryer. For some folks, this isn't a big deal; for others, it is. (There's more, but I'm not about to turn this into another of my "rant" post.)

Maybe I just got two AA shirts? Regardless, wishing I had bought more!

If the tag says 'made in the USA', it's American Apparel. If it says made in Honduras or Nicaragua, then it's Anvil.

Alfredenigma wrote:God with the amazon buy out i would've expected the shipping would have gotten better slowest shipppiinnng evvveeerrr!

Your expectations need to be lowered. The shirts are still shipped by Woot (so give them up to a week to pack) via SmartPost (give them up to a week between each distribution center).

shenadya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shenadya

Got mine Friday. Overall happy enough, none that I would've bought by themselves. But that's not bad because otherwise I'd already own them!

The Mrowr but on a silver shirt
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-mrowr

Cephalopod's Garden
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cephalopods-garden

Friends, Romans, aedlrjqaewoif
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/friends-romans-aedlrjqaewoif

Pinball Wizard
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/pinball-wizard-4

CollegeTom

Well, I finally got my shirts:

And I already have the 2nd one, which is total garbage (I would rather have a real Periodic Table than this made-up nonsense. And it's from Aug 06, 2011, so that means it's been sitting in a box in a warehouse for 2 years.

I'm done, woot. Next time, donate the junk shirts to the poor, don't stick your customers with them. S h a m e on you!

Mok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mok

My shirts came on Monday. I ordered 3 sets for 6 shirts. 2XL because of the length issues on them, I'd rather have my Tshirts tucked in and stay tucked in and have them too wide, then become un-tucked. I guess I'm crazy that way.

Anyway.

Out of 6 shirts, I did receive 1 duplicate. Which I suppose is fine, since I am planning on wearing them as 'workshop shirts' anyway. Unfortunately 4 of the six were Silver colored, so not the greatest for use as working shirts, but oh well.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/yale-waitlist

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/celtic-skull - this is the duplicate

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/p-is-for-prey

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/questionable-table-of-elements

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-mrowr - in Silver

Pretty sure the two non-silver ones may end up being normal wear T-shirts because they're funny. Overall at $6 each, worth it for me as I'm a sucker for a $4-$6 T-shirt anyway. Just wish I didn't get the one dupe.....

Narfcake

CollegeTom wrote:Well, I finally got my shirts:

And I already have the 2nd one, which is total garbage (I would rather have a real Periodic Table than this made-up nonsense.

... and I rather have the latter instead of the former because it's NOT serious. Different strokes for different folks.

And it's from Aug 06, 2011, so that means it's been sitting in a box in a warehouse for 2 years.

It was reprinted recently in a side sale. If it truly was a shirt from two years ago, it'd be on a Woot-tagged AA shirt.

highvolt82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highvolt82

Still waiting for mine...

aercires

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aercires

Another disappointment for me.

The last time they had 2-packs, I bought two of them, and every single shirt was black. I got a couple good designs like the cute Game of Thrones crest, but it felt like someone lazily put four black shirts into the bag.

I just received my purchase from this recent order, and three of the shirts are black and one is a dark navy. Basically almost black. HOW DISAPPOINTING. I know that there are other colors of shirts! I see others getting blues and yellows and browns and creams.

I know it's "random" and you take a gamble with what you get. However, this just feels like someone was horribly lazy and couldn't put in the effort to put some variety in there. Twice in a row.

Narfcake

aercires wrote:... I just received my purchase from this recent order, and three of the shirts are black and one is a dark navy. Basically almost black. HOW DISAPPOINTING. I know that there are other colors of shirts! I see others getting blues and yellows and browns and creams. ...

Many recent designs, both new and reprinted in the side sales, were dark shirts.

Indeed, it's luck-of-the-draw. They cull everything, put them in stacks, and start packing. If it happens that they were in a stack of all dark shirts, well, that's what gets sent out. Some folks get all hits; others, all misses.

biosylum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biosylum

Nothing random about it.... Woot analyzed my soul, and sent six appropriate shirts. Six decent prints, six great colors. Thumbs up from me, and now I'm going back to sleep. Thx woo zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

biosylum wrote:Nothing random about it.... Woot analyzed my soul, and sent six appropriate shirts. Six decent prints, six great colors. Thumbs up from me, and now I'm going back to sleep. Thx woo zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I always knew we were looking into people's souls, but I'm happy yours was analyzed!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.