L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
mapinto wrote:Don't you mean Walmazan? He's had two in the fog consistently for weeks. Now if Ramyb ever returns, they'll take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd each week...



you should be shot in your pinky toe for even mentioning him coming back!!! he damn near ruined this site!


Narfcake wrote:
Between med school and running a business, Ramy probably won't be derbying for quite a while, if ever, again. Woot's bigger ouch, actually; besides the additional site visits (ad revenue) due to the fans, critics, arguments and controversy, he's brought in over $4-million in revenues.



he is now over at the bird shirt site since they will delete anything negative anyone posts

kriatyrr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriatyrr

Those shirt color restrictions make no sense. I want a derby restricted to food colored shirts: Cream, Olive, Cranberry and Lemon.
I have loads of shirts, but somehow I still don't have a single Cream or Cranberry shirt.

wootasticwoots


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootasticwoots

Check out my buns!!.. Wait...No...I meant...I...

Here's my submission. V_V

:p

I'd appreciate your votes.
Thanks.



Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
L3g3ndQ wrote:he is now over at the bird shirt site since they will delete anything negative anyone posts


He's over at TF because printing rights are not perpetual like here at Woot. As for redacted posts, bring up "I'd wish they were on AA." on a daily here, and you'll probably be redacted too.

BTW, cutesy, catshirts, and pop-culture existed since the first derby here ...

kriatyrr wrote:Those shirt color restrictions make no sense. I want a derby restricted to food colored shirts: Cream, Olive, Cranberry and Lemon.
I have loads of shirts, but somehow I still don't have a single Cream or Cranberry shirt.


The shirt colors coincide with the available apron colors, hence why the limitations this week.

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Narfcake wrote:He's over at TF because printing rights are not perpetual like here at Woot. As for redacted posts, bring up "I'd wish they were on AA." on a daily here, and you'll probably be redacted too.

BTW, cutesy, catshirts, and pop-culture existed since the first derby here ...



i think its more because they don't care if something is copied or already exists somewhere else. along with deleting anything negative said about him.

as for the first derby its nothing like it is now!! i think i could count on one hand all the shirts that have those qualities from the first one. here and now... not so much. before we had a lot more nice original art not having to bow down to using cute cats/vegetables/rabbits/what ever else, nor using some pop culture mashup to get votes.

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
L3g3ndQ wrote:i think its more because they don't care if something is copied or already exists somewhere else. along with deleting anything negative said about him.


I have seen TF pull shirts down for copyright issues before, so they do have standards. Some of the other pop-culture sites, though, really don't seem to care at all.

No doubt, shirt.woot's audience has changed over the years, but all your griping isn't going to change that. If you want to shift the focus to what you like, then get your friends to vote the way you do. Just know that other Woot customers are free to vote the way they want to also.

BTW, the shirt I'm wearing tonight is one I'm sure you'd just <3 - it's by one of my favorite artists, Fishbiscuit, and it's titled Hello Neighbor; it's currently available at TeeTurtle.

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Narfcake wrote:I have seen TF pull shirts down for copyright issues before, so they do have standards. Some of the other pop-culture sites, though, really don't seem to care at all.

No doubt, shirt.woot's audience has changed over the years, but all your griping isn't going to change that. If you want to shift the focus to what you like, then get your friends to vote the way you do. Just know that other Woot customers are free to vote the way they want to also.

BTW, the shirt I'm wearing tonight is one I'm sure you'd just <3 - it's by one of my favorite artists, Fishbiscuit, and it's titled Hello Neighbor; it's currently available at TeeTurtle.



i know of 3 maybe 4 times and all those where about 3 to 4 years ago before they did away with original art. nowadays they don't care at all. you can google something and take the first picture and copy it and they don't care. and if you point it out they delete your post

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
L3g3ndQ wrote:i know of 3 maybe 4 times and all those where about 3 to 4 years ago before they did away with original art. nowadays they don't care at all. you can google something and take the first picture and copy it and they don't care. and if you point it out they delete your post


(rolls eyes) ...

This gone off-topic enough. Derby. Like something? - share it with your friends to they can vote on it too. It's not rocket science ... that was last week ... sort of.

Side note: it's my cake day! 5 years on Woot today ...

cdrewlow


quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Narfcake wrote:(rolls eyes) ...

This gone off-topic enough. Derby. Like something? - share it with your friends to they can vote on it too. It's not rocket science ... that was last week ... sort of.

Side note: it's my cake day! 5 years on Woot today ...



Happy Anniversary! 5 years is wood?

wootasticwoots


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootasticwoots

I'd appreciate your votes. Thanks.


I'd appreciate your votes.
Thanks.