nanovox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nanovox

Either I'm missing the story, or there's something a bit emo/suicidal about this shirt. I'd imagine people giving me "attention" if I wore something like this around.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
mergekat wrote:Heh, I call that mid-air Tardis catch the "River Song".

...only if he lands in the pool.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
rockymike wrote:That seems like the only logical explanation. Moffat!!!!

My immediate theory when watching it was this... he asked that forensic girl for help earlier in the episode. She gave him that drug that stops your heart beating very soft for a while (forget it's name... makes you appear dead for a while) - he took it right before jumping when the two (him and Moriarty) had their backs to each other.

Thus- he was limp when he hit the ground- (people asleep or unconscious limp up and get less damage in the fall).

Still took a lot of damage- and it was a giant gamble.

At the scene they thought him dead due to falling off building and heart beat stopped.

He gets taken to the police forensics lab- where his friend revives him.

scottjl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages scottjl

oh look. another dr. who shirt.. how original. yawn.

pg318

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318
jackie31337 wrote:I have one word for you: Emmerdale.

Acorn Antiques probably gives the best glimpse into all the soaps on British TV...

lenoremeeks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lenoremeeks

Oh my goodness. I just "squee'd" myself. CumberWho? CumberWoot! Please make this available in posters, bags, aprons, ...

ChiefEngr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChiefEngr
theco2 wrote:I'm about tired of Dr Who shirts, already. Always the same old thing; Daleks or Tardis and every once in a great while, the Weeping Angel. Is that all there is?

If that's the case, just wear a plain white T-shirt and if anyone asks, you can tell them it's a Silence...

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
safyrejet wrote:This little Sherlock character "survives" but he still has x eyes and blood? when he hits the ground. I guess the doctors dropped him hard.

Er - if you look carefully at the lower TARDIS (sheesh!) you'll see ANOTHER little Sherlock character looking over the Doctor's shoulder. FWIW the design would have been better depicting the associated falling figure as a classic obvious-floppy-dummy.

I liked the fourth doctor, but I have NO idea what a 'weeping angel' is (don't bother telling me, I could look it up if I wanted to...) Of course if it sells, go for it, I guess, but I too would love to see shirts a bit less... obsessed fanboy specific?

rpstrong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rpstrong
0ldeag1e wrote:Er - if you look carefully at the lower TARDIS (sheesh!) you'll see ANOTHER little Sherlock character looking over the Doctor's shoulder.

Dammit! Couldn't you have at least put "**SPOILER**" in the subject line?

tracieb1015

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tracieb1015
pozzowon wrote:yeah, about your comment...
two words: Mr. Bean

what? not convinced yet?
well, from Britain, the greatest thing ever put on tv ever ever......
Top Gear

Top Gear is AWESOME!!

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
seahokedrama wrote:She gave him that drug that stops your heart beating very soft for a while (forget it's name... makes you appear dead for a while)

Television.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Yes, Cybermen for the win; my favorite non-timelord bad guy. Maybe a modern Cyberman facing a 1980s era Cyberman saying, "YOU WILL BE UP-GRA-DED."

Also, Anthony Ainley or Roger Delgado's Master, not blondie; he looks a little too much like Simon Pegg for my taste. Come on, a bad guy has a goatee.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
0ldeag1e wrote:Television.

Quality Post material if ever I've seen it.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

greeneking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneking

re: How Good Is British TV.....the answer is...they have crap shows too, but we don't get to see them. Only the good stuff makes it across the pond. So yeah most of what we see in British TV is really fabulous.

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

Another Dr. Who reference? Lemme guess, tomorrow will showcase a penguin or something to do with 3.14.

Shirt.Woot is becoming as predictable as a Pixar movie.

/hatermode

mooz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooz
theco2 wrote:I'm about tired of Dr Who shirts, already. Always the same old thing; Daleks or Tardis and every once in a great while, the Weeping Angel. Is that all there is?

Ive been watching Dr.Who since 1974. The Tardis and the Daleks are the most recognizable images of the show. Ive seen some clever t-shirts like the David Tennant jacket and the Matt Holmes bowtie and Fez. Even Tom Bakers hat and scarf too. I admit to owning a few but my favorite is the exploding Tardis picture by Vincent Van Gogh from season 5. Its a beautiful t shirt, very artsy and I get mucho compliments.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

BTW... Darleks stopped being "good TV" decades ago.

When was the last non-crap Darlek episode? They just ruin Doctor Who now. (Cybermen aren't much better).

21st Century requires something more sophisticated than lumbering useless non scary low-tech looking robot thingies.

The modern episodes that are worth watching never have Darleks or Cybermen.

The Master is timeless though.

mooz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooz
olcubmaster wrote:...only if he lands in the pool.

Oh...that was a great episode!

ollietheunicorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ollietheunicorn

Wait I am confused...who is that they are pushing out of the Tardis?

speedlazer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages speedlazer
Thirdbase9 wrote:Utopia (as The Professor)
The Sound of Drums
Last of the Time Lords
The End of Time part 1
The End of Time part 2

4 or 5 episodes.

Thanks for doing that so I didn't have to. The Master had plenty of appeal for the modern audience, he was freaking awesome!

landmarktervs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landmarktervs
pozzowon wrote:
what? not convinced yet?
well, from Britain, the greatest thing ever put on tv ever ever......
Top Gear

Oh yeah!!! I want to be the Stig when I grow up. My 26 year old son turned me on to British Top Gear. Love it!!!!

rascul22

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rascul22

Yes. =D

mondaisenshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mondaisenshi
Thirdbase9 wrote:Utopia (as The Professor)
The Sound of Drums
Last of the Time Lords
The End of Time part 1
The End of Time part 2

4 or 5 episodes.

Thank you for beating it to me, I really should be WORKING at work, instead of breaking down casting into episode lists. :P

bluidsocoluva

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bluidsocoluva

I want this as a hoodie! I don't usually wear shirts with large graphics.

mossmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mossmatt

So now, the wage of sin is paid,
The blade is still, the black steed grazes.
The only sound across the glade
Is Edmund pushing up the daisies.
Black Adder, Black Adder,
A shame about the plan.
Black Adder, Black Adder,
Farewell you horrid man.

XRMaxwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XRMaxwell
lonelypond wrote:It'll take Venusian Aikido to tempt me.

Personally, I've always liked The Last Human. I'd buy a tshirt with Cassandra on it - as long as it comes with a spritzer bottle. ;)

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40
mrsbrock wrote:Moffet is a better Sherlock writer than Who writer.

Torn on this - I LOVED the Family of Blood / Silence in the Library two-parters - some of my all-time favorite Who episodes - but I think he's a better Sherlock writer than Who show-runner for sure. I feel like there have been an awful lot of deux ex machina / universe re-boot / time-travel-is-magic bits since he took over.

Also, have any of you Moffat fans seen Jekyll? If you haven't, you ought to; James Nesbitt is fantastic.

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

Elementary, my dear Lee.

A fun idea and great execution, too! ;)

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40

Big-time fangirl squee going on over here, but it's going to take a pullover or something other than gray to tempt me. I look horrible in the Anvil blanks and that color of t-shirt in general; the combination is unlikely to be fetching. :\ Hoping to see this in the side sales soon...

silverpearl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverpearl
buraindo wrote:Oh my god this is so awesome! AND I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

X2! and I am not a Who fan! teefury had an awesome Who mash-up today too

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

British TV. Does anyone remember David Frost's "That Was The Week That Was"? TW3 was smart and satiric. The cast poked fun at well-known figures of the day, all long before SNL and Jon Stewart.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
echosupernova wrote:Woot keeps making different Who shirts for pretty much one reason only--they sell. So, people like them. Don't like Who shirts? Don't buy them.

And, for the record, complaining about common characters to Woot shirts--for every fandom that you're not into, there's surely one that you'd embrace lots of variation for. Darth Vader? Cookie Monster? My Little Pony?

There's a new shirt every day...

You get a "Quality Post" from me for this. Rock on, esn.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

I dedicate this tee to the "Who Crew," which is the Doctor Who fan club for whom I'm the faculty sponsor and with whom I watched my first Doctor Who episodes last year, and also to my awesome wife, who showed me Sherlock last year. Thanks, gang!

theco2

quality posts: 92 Private Messages theco2
scottjl wrote:oh look. another dr. who shirt.. how original. yawn.

That's exactly how I feel.

johntracker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages johntracker
Spiritgreen wrote:Yep, and a short prequel episode (webisode, I guess) on Christmas Day.

@RobbieLee, excellent design! Best theory I've seen so far.

Just watch out for the brilliant BBC iView special that has Andrew Scott, Martin Freeman and Una Stubbs trying to get printed on this T-Shirt. (Did anyone here watch the The Five(ish) Doctors reboot?)

johntracker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages johntracker
scottjl wrote:oh look. another dr. who shirt.. how original. yawn.

I really like this one. It will be great for exactly 27 days as a shirt. Then also great for a few months as a rag to clean the interior of my car when the premise is disproved.

I bought 2.

upsidedowntrees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upsidedowntrees

I just read a message about UK TV from an American. An overdose of UK stuff? I would like to say that I now live in the UK (I watched Dr Who from behind an Australian sofa) and love many of the programmes we get (On the note of Downton Abbey's third series being bad- you watched the first two! I couldn't) I am a Dr Who fan and have noticed the T-Shirt attack since it's 50th anniversary. I love loads of American programmes, Friends, Frasier, Simpsons... the list is long. We here in the UK get tons of US shows, not many from elsewhere sadly. If anything I'd like to see more from around the world. I love Wallander and The Killing, I guess I like murderers being caught, CSI and Poirot. I don't think it's a snubbing of our own nations filming just an enjoyment of what we all enjoy similarly
What I love about the Tee's design is the amalgations, Dr Who meets with Portal or Dr Seuss. I enjoy a good mix

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Perfect design, Robbie. The fangirl in me absolutely loves it! :D

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
0ldeag1e wrote:Er - if you look carefully at the lower TARDIS (sheesh!) you'll see ANOTHER little Sherlock character looking over the Doctor's shoulder. FWIW the design would have been better depicting the associated falling figure as a classic obvious-floppy-dummy.

I saw the over the shoulder character, but I wasn't sure if it was a Sherlock or Who character. I'm not really caught up on either of those shows. I know they exist, I've seen a couple Who episodes, but that's it.

superwholock24601

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superwholock24601

The Silence.