edso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edso
indigodreams wrote:Because it is highly annoying to those of us of Irish descent. Four leaf clovers and shamrocks aren't the same thing. Shamrocks are an Irish thing and associated with St. Patrick's Day because of a legend claiming that he used one to explain the Trinity to the pagan Irish and convert them to Catholicism (How the Trinity can be three in one. The Shamrock has three leaves in one shamrock). The amount of the leaves is super important. The four leaf clover has nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day and it's use a common American mistake that the Non-Irish don't care to correct.
That said Congrats to the artist it is a great design, and I highly doubt you were intending to offend anyone. It is a super common mix up that almost every American manufacturer that has every made St. Paddy's stuff has made, and honestly if you aren't Irish, or your family isn't crazy about their heritage like mine, it is very unlikely that you would've realized the difference. I hope you sell lots of beautiful green shirts (the color and wearing of the green is perfect and can't be complained about in the least).

Well said, and completely agree.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats on your first daily, Marcee! How exciting! :D
Remember, F5, F5, F5...

mrtuba9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrtuba9
sucker4crap wrote:Sorry to be a fly in the Guinness here, but this is a four leaf clover, not a shamrock. The shamrock is a symbol of Ireland.

THANK YOU!

60 woots, 102 items, 34x1, 7x2, 18x3 (3x3 ßÕÇ-now retired), 9 unique shirt.woot, 1 sellout.woot <--OUTDATED (except the martini ;')

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Congratulations Marcee! I knew from your derby work you'd make it to the daily page soon. Keep 'em coming!

07/11/14

shortman

quality posts: 55 Private Messages shortman

I'm thinking I need to wear this so that I can get random people coming up to me to tell me that my shirt is wrong. Ha. And thanks to Marcee I have the perfect response, "It's a boat propeller."

oakenspirit

quality posts: 87 Private Messages oakenspirit

Nice one Mar- Grats on the daily! Buying this for my bro in law- ;)

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 2m 3.447s
First sucker:bcricket
Last wooter to woot:loganlambrecht
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

First day sales 2031
First day posts 45

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

Thank you guys sooooo much! It sounds completely dorky, but yesterday was an absolute thrill for me and I appreciate all the support and truly love and appreciate this woot community. Hooray beer! (And boat propellers.)

wunschkinz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wunschkinz
marceepauff wrote:Thank you guys sooooo much! It sounds completely dorky, but yesterday was an absolute thrill for me and I appreciate all the support and truly love and appreciate this woot community. Hooray beer! (And boat propellers.)

I'll drink to that! Thanks for completing my St Paddy's ensemble. Great job!

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

If anyone's willing...when you get your shirt, I'd love to see a pic of you wearing it. It's so freaking cool to know that a bunch of random people who I don't know will all be wearing something I designed on the 17th (and possibly on the floor on the bathroom all day on the 18th). ;)