Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach
omarfeliciano wrote:Any thoughts? Suggestions? Does it make sense?

I think the joke could be a little clearer, I am not 100% sure what you are going for.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
oakenspirit wrote:It cracked me up- ;) - Bartolomeo is another renaissance artist though- so I wonder if another first name would work better- something random like Theonardo - Bernardo ... Maynardo- I don't know. ha

Actually, Bartolemeo was his half brother

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Here's what I have so far…

@ Enedlhach - Looks great

@ OmarFeliciano - I like it! He's not as good as Leonardo, but he still draws pretty good. Maybe make him worse?

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
omarfeliciano wrote:Actually, Bartolemeo was his half brother

!!! You just destroyed my worldview! ;) then perfect...

forget what I said. ha!

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66

So I get a dead cat along with the cash?:/ or maybe its alive however either way its a cat in the box and that's just annoying :P

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

My apologies.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Qetza, nice davinci! I didn't realize he looked that much like an owl.

All, this is thrown together. Before I spend more time on it, do you get the joke?

omarfeliciano

qetza wrote:

@ OmarFeliciano - I like it! He's not as good as Leonardo, but he still draws pretty good. Maybe make him worse?

I took Qetza's suggestion and redraw the whole thing with my left hand. What do you guys think?

thatrobert

omarfeliciano wrote:I took Qetza's suggestion and redraw the whole thing with my left hand. What do you guys think?

I like the first one better. I think the idea is a bit confusing. Like is this is a picture of the brother or what?

omarfeliciano

thatrobert wrote:I like the first one better. I think the idea is a bit confusing. Like is this is a picture of the brother or what?

Yeah.... It's supposed to be his brother's take on the Vitruvian Man... I guess I need to rethink it...

thatrobert

omarfeliciano wrote:Yeah.... It's supposed to be his brother's take on the Vitruvian Man... I guess I need to rethink it...

Sorry, I do actually get it. Just concerned that others won't. Somebody has to both figure out that this is a picture of Vitruvian Man AND know who drew Vitruvian Man.

ste7enl

omarfeliciano wrote:Yeah.... It's supposed to be his brother's take on the Vitruvian Man... I guess I need to rethink it...

It seemed pretty obvious to me...

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
oakenspirit wrote:Lovely colors- and dem flying penguins have a near endless fanbase here- Good luck- great look.

Did you know that penguins trying to fly were once banned here?

Nothing follows.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
taternuggets wrote:Did you know that penguins trying to fly were once banned here?

Ahhh... he speaks of the dark times... D:

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
omarfeliciano wrote:I took Qetza's suggestion and redraw the whole thing with my left hand. What do you guys think?

Actually, it seems pretty obvious to me. I dig it!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
fablefire wrote:Ahhh... he speaks of the dark times... D:

--Removed joke at request XD--
If I joke about the dark times, they will come again, and apply to other things I shall not mention. :X

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

misamat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misamat
Enedlhach wrote:I couldn't resist. :p

The Renaissance Penguin

Penguins... the new cats :P

omarfeliciano

thatrobert wrote:Qetza, nice davinci! I didn't realize he looked that much like an owl.

All, this is thrown together. Before I spend more time on it, do you get the joke?

Reminds me of this

omarfeliciano

ste7enl wrote:It seemed pretty obvious to me...

flemtone wrote:Actually, it seems pretty obvious to me. I dig it!

Thanks guys I was starting to have second thoughts. So, which one do you prefer?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

omarfeliciano wrote:Thanks guys I was starting to have second thoughts. So, which one do you prefer?

Given the title, I prefer the one coloring outside the lines.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

oakenspirit

omarfeliciano wrote:Thanks guys I was starting to have second thoughts. So, which one do you prefer?

I like scribble town...

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Add a vote for scribble here too...

And Qetza, that is amazing. Someone requested a goat version as well. So, yeah, get on that.

For sale: $12/Free Shipping

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
taternuggets wrote:Did you know that penguins trying to fly were once banned here?

shhhhh. they might hear you.

ste7enl

2nd option...the scribbly one

oakenspirit

WOOHOO! Finished just in time-

any last minute thoughts?

Calling it Rebirth of Pixel

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Awesome designs, guys. Omar, I also prefer the scribbly one. Very funny. :D

Here's mine, 'A Vision of Flight':

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Manki wrote:Is it a Pangolin in the box?

Precisely!
HAHAHAHAHAHA... Ubuntu humor anyone?

MrBignell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrBignell
amanoxford wrote:The no pop culture rule should stop most of the obvious ones

That is a tough one... Are zombies considered modern though? Did they have necromancers in during the Renaissance? My Art History courses have failed me.

jsdfk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsdfk

Flying penguins were once banned? Considering the theme of this, that sounds terrible! Who would want to stop someone from completing their dream to soar through the air? ....and not just until the ocean hits them with reality as they jump from an iceberg....

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
tjschaeffer wrote:

As for this derby, I think it will be...interesting. The lack of pop culture means that we won't see a lot of vitruvian/pop-culture mashups.

not interesting at all unfortunately B^( we finally get a no pop culture derby and what happens foxes, penguins, and other cute crap rise from the grave.

really getting sick of the derby, the last shirt i bought was a boots boots shirt.

Manki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki
L3g3ndQ wrote:not interesting at all unfortunately B^( we finally get a no pop culture derby and what happens foxes, penguins, and other cute crap rise from the grave.

really getting sick of the derby, the last shirt i bought was a boots boots shirt.

Eventually the derby themes will only be about foxes penguins and cats. Everything else will be rejected! I kid though. I am quite content entering derbies as an exercise.

-

wootdude5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdude5

Does anybody know how to make your shirt be glow in the dark?

Spiritgreen

wootdude5 wrote:Does anybody know how to make your shirt be glow in the dark?

Glow or metallic ink isn't allowed in the derby unless it's specifically mentionned. You can always submit a daily design with it though.

For your shirtcomp: use #FDFAEA for the glow ink in the light and #D0FCD0 for it in the dark (darken everything else down 80 or 90%).

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66

so whats the deal with all the Penguins recently? seems like every time I check the derby theres penguins. us to be only turtles you would see. so is there a quarterly animal selection or something? :P

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Spiritgreen wrote:Glow or metallic ink isn't allowed in the derby unless it's specifically mentionned. You can always submit a daily design with it though.

For your shirtcomp: use #FDFAEA for the glow ink in the light and #D0FCD0 for it in the dark (darken everything else down 80 or 90%).

I've always wondered, but don't they have the capability to make other ink colors glow in the dark, too? I mean, obviously white will absorb the energy better, having it glow stronger, so alternative colors would be best as lighter ones...

But I thought they said that the GitD itself was just another layer of ink that gets screened on, transparently. If that's the case, couldn't they do GitD with, say, a light red or light blue base ink? Picture say, the Zelda Fairies as an example.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
manikx66 wrote:so whats the deal with all the Penguins recently? seems like every time I check the derby theres penguins. us to be only turtles you would see. so is there a quarterly animal selection or something? :P

I think the overuse was mostly by a particular artist in the past. Woot probably misses him these days for the revenue, though his back catalog is still raking in $$$.

TobiasAmaranth wrote:I've always wondered, but don't they have the capability to make other ink colors glow in the dark, too? I mean, obviously white will absorb the energy better, having it glow stronger, so alternative colors would be best as lighter ones...

Yes, it is possible - "Seeing Ghosts" (a retired design) from TeeTurtle is GITD on three colors (and with halftones). There may be a difference with the ink that Woot uses which disallows such ... or it could just be the user.

Spiritgreen

In the past the instructions for Glow in the Dark ink have always been to use it where the design will look white during the day.

I've noticed TeeFury has some unusual variations though, like red fluorescent glow ink. Pretty cool. It would definitely be sweet to have more options like that, although special ink shirts don't get added to the 'all designs' catalog when they leave the top 20.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
Spiritgreen wrote:In the past the instructions for Glow in the Dark ink have always been to use it where the design will look white during the day.

That now raises a question for someone who's ordered a more recent GITD print - is the ink whiter now? The last one I bought was Nocturnowl (it printed very well, though the blank ...), but I've also seen That's No Moon up close, and the GITD was really noticeably "yellow" which gave away its intended effect.

I've noticed TeeFury has some unusual variations though, like red fluorescent glow ink. Pretty cool.

AFAIK, TF doesn't print "in-house" so there isn't the equipment limitations or cost push to do the printing themselves as it is with Woot.

It would definitely be sweet to have more options like that, although special ink shirts don't get added to the 'all designs' catalog when they leave the top 20.

Wooters are spoiled by the back catalog nowadays. Back in the old days, no shirts were available "all the time" ...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I made shirt! WoW amazing, it's super late and stuff but TADAAAAAA. Jazz hands.

In the Likness of Dog

My adorable take on the "Creation of Adam" from the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

This thing took forever because I fiddled with the cartooning on the wolf a lot. The squishy Adam dog took maybe 5 minutes and the wolf took like 4 days. =/

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

Just noticed the box (additional prize) says "BFD" I thought it was something small but I guess I'm wrong again.