cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
orabbit wrote:Whadya think? With or without sabers?

Is sabers on brown an option? If so, I choose that.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
ncowick wrote:Very cool The force is strong with this one ;) Goodluck man.

Thanks very much

orabbit

quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit
cdrewlow wrote:Is sabers on brown an option? If so, I choose that.

For you Carl, I'll do it.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

How tacky is this?

6amcrisis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis

Can't pass up this derby. This WIP is my entry, assuming I can stay awake till 5am local time to sub (*hint hint* Woot - how about a "derby sub queue" for international timezones?)

Ministry of Silly Trooper Walks

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

This one might not do any good at all, but I enjoyed designing it.

leslieh01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leslieh01

How can we use the Star Wars font without getting rejected? Is there one out there that looks like it but isn't it? Or should I just not try to use the font?

I'm so green to tshirt design! I think I have some awesome ideas but having trouble getting them into the computer. Using Illustrator.

What kinds of Star Wars things can we NOT use?

I made something today but concerned about the font.

Also, what is HALFTONED?!

ste7enl

leslieh01 wrote:How can we use the Star Wars font without getting rejected? Is there one out there that looks like it but isn't it? Or should I just not try to use the font?

I'm so green to tshirt design! I think I have some awesome ideas but having trouble getting them into the computer. Using Illustrator.

Halftones are dots of color in various densities to create the illusion of tones, both lighter (fewer dots, spread out) and darker (more dots clumped together). It is for making blends and gradients using a limited number of colors.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
ste7enl wrote:Thanks. I have a bunch of positive space/not really silhouette stuff as well. I have just been having a great time with texture and use of positive and negative space.

This is a good example: http://imgur.com/a/oaPIH

Yow. Very, very cool.

Grimgate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grimgate

ok, my official submission will be like so. comments and critiques welcome. also, is it bad that I've started to plan to pull all nighters on thursdays? I'm wondering if that a community norm lol

orabbit

leslieh01 wrote:How can we use the Star Wars font without getting rejected? Is there one out there that looks like it but isn't it? Or should I just not try to use the font?

Don't worry about the font. The only thing you need to worry about with free fonts is bad kerning and wonky curves.

orabbit

Grimgate wrote:ok, my official submission will be like so. comments and critiques welcome. also, is it bad that I've started to plan to pull all nighters on thursdays? I'm wondering if that a community norm lol

It's only bad if it affects your job or relationships, I guess.

treblesinger72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treblesinger72

Well, I will try for my third derby entry... still very intimidated by you wonderful artists... I think with this one I might infringe in 2!!!! copyrights.... what do you think? still working on getting it tighter, any feedback is welcome

cdrewlow

orabbit wrote:For you Carl, I'll do it.

Hooray!!

vbraille

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbraille
Grimgate wrote:I made this a little while ago, debating on this or something more on the humorous side of things.

This is amazing! I will buy it.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
ignorant wrote:Can't find it on welovefine anymore but it's here. http://hideyourarms.com/2012/02/21/cute-han-shot-star-wars-tshirt-mighty-fine/

Nicely found. And thanks for the reminder on why it seemed vaguely familiar. There are times I see something like this in shirt-dom and just assume that the reason it looks familiar is because there are soooooooo many Star Wars homages, parodies, and out-right copyright abuses out there it kinda blends together for me at times.

That said, I do hope to see some one take this derby in a totally different direction then the implied goal (either that or do such a vague spin/reference that you might not get it on the first glance.)

ste7enl

bluejester wrote:Nicely found. And thanks for the reminder on why it seemed vaguely familiar. There are times I see something like this in shirt-dom and just assume that the reason it looks familiar is because there are soooooooo many Star Wars homages, parodies, and out-right copyright abuses out there it kinda blends together for me at times.

That said, I do hope to see some one take this derby in a totally different direction then the implied goal (either that or do such a vague spin/reference that you might not get it on the first glance.)

Sometimes I like to be the guy that does that...and sometimes I like to get votes, lol

oakenspirit

quality posts: 73 Private Messages oakenspirit
bluejester wrote:Nicely found. And thanks for the reminder on why it seemed vaguely familiar. There are times I see something like this in shirt-dom and just assume that the reason it looks familiar is because there are soooooooo many Star Wars homages, parodies, and out-right copyright abuses out there it kinda blends together for me at times.

I went slightly subtle this week- Just finished mine! Wanted a retro 70's tshirt look-

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Suppose it's too soon to resub this:

Please consider voting for my shirts:

leslieh01

HOW in the world do I get the shirt template to show up with the desgin?! Email me: [MOD: Email removed for your security] THANKS

[MOD: This is a great question to post in the Artist Resources tab.]

marceepauff

leslieh01 wrote:HOW in the world do I get the shirt template to show up with the desgin?! Email me: [MOD: Email removed] THANKS

Leslie you have to create it yourself. You make one small thumbnail of the design detail and upload that as the design detail - and then one large graphic of the shirt comp that you have to create yourself.

leslieh01

ste7enl wrote:Halftones are dots of color in various densities to create the illusion of tones, both lighter (fewer dots, spread out) and darker (more dots clumped together). It is for making blends and gradients using a limited number of colors.

Awesome! Thx!

theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2

As much as I love Star Wars, I have yet to see anything I would want to wear, on a shirt.

On that note, I would love to see something with Darth Maul incorporated in, somehow.

leslieh01

marceepauff wrote:Leslie you have to create it yourself. You make one small thumbnail of the design detail and upload that as the design detail - and then one large graphic of the shirt comp that you have to create yourself.

OH! Alrighty!

cdrewlow

marceepauff wrote:Suppose it's too soon to resub this:

It's not too early, you just have to modify it some.

leslieh01

How do I upload the saved jpg or gif file of the design and comp without it stretching?! Why does it distort??

marceepauff

leslieh01 wrote:How do I upload the saved jpg or gif file of the design and comp without it stretching?! Why does it distort??

You have to create both images as squares. The design detail should be 186px x 186px and the shirt comp should be 602px by 602px. It says all this on the submission page when you click the "what's this?" link on Step 2.

leslieh01

marceepauff wrote:You have to create both images as squares. The design detail should be 186px x 186px and the shirt comp should be 602px by 602px. It says all this on the submission page when you click the "what's this?" link on Step 2.

Well, I'm still not gettin it. I thought the photos had to be in vector, not pixels. Where do I change the sizes in Illustrator? Also, I cannot find the link you're referencing. Sorry for the fuss. Thanks for your help. I'm creative just not very Illustrator savvy yet.

ste7enl

Well, I wish we could find out if we'd be declined ahead of the derby, but I got this done after the first rejection...

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
orabbit wrote:Whadya think? With or without sabers?

WITH. otherwise, it could be any force...

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
leslieh01 wrote:Well, I'm still not gettin it. I thought the photos had to be in vector, not pixels. Where do I change the sizes in Illustrator? Also, I cannot find the link you're referencing. Sorry for the fuss. Thanks for your help. I'm creative just not very Illustrator savvy yet.

not trying to be snarky, but maybe it would help if you took a course.

leslieh01

edgrrrzzmom wrote:not trying to be snarky, but maybe it would help if you took a course.

You don't seem snarky. Haha. I've looked at a few instruction videos and plan on looking a WAY more. I've learned a lot on my own. Mainly, I just am having trouble getting my design into the proper size and file to upload. Annoying.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
leslieh01 wrote:Well, I'm still not gettin it. I thought the photos had to be in vector, not pixels. Where do I change the sizes in Illustrator? Also, I cannot find the link you're referencing. Sorry for the fuss. Thanks for your help. I'm creative just not very Illustrator savvy yet.

they need three files:
1. design detail (the thumbnail)
2. design comp (to show placement on a shirt)
3. print ready file (the file they'll use to print; could be vector or bitmap)

leslieh01

no1 wrote:they need three files:
1. design detail (the thumbnail)
2. design comp (to show placement on a shirt)
3. print ready file (the file they'll use to print; could be vector or bitmap)

Thanks! Haha. I found those after I asked you where they were. Maybe if I ask other dumb questions, I'll figure it out before you answer! haha

FoxSonic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FoxSonic

I'm seeing some wonderful designs....except, perhaps....

a D20 Death Star & perhaps the phrase "It's gonna CRIT!!" or "Alderaan has lost it's saving throw!"

A StarFox and classic BSG crossover? I miss the vcoder cylons.

Something "Battle Beyond the Stars"? Box office flub, Cult fav! I can see AT's Ice King replacing Zador in that one!

And what's with the absence of MIB or Independence Day parodies? Those fit the Galactic Battle idea too.

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford

Not really getting any votes, so I'd appreciate some feedback on my design this week, obviously 'I' thought it was pretty good, lol, but I'm biased

CDUAbove

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CDUAbove

Oh man, wish I would a saw this earlier. Maybe I still have time to come up with something. Big SW fan...maybe too much.
My Office...