taternuggets


quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
robosphere wrote:Can anybody please help me what does Double Take Derby means? What is the theme of this derby? Thanks.



This was asked and answered already in this thread. Just read back a bit.


Nothing follows.

robosphere


quality posts: 0 Private Messages robosphere

Can I submit a design that wasn't submitted , for example in Grumpy but has a theme fit in Grumpy. Or only designs that was submitted before can participate in the double take? Thanks.


taternuggets wrote:This was asked and answered already in this thread. Just read back a bit.



cdrewlow


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
robosphere wrote:Can I submit a design that wasn't submitted , for example in Grumpy but has a theme fit in Grumpy. Or only designs that was submitted before can participate in the double take? Thanks.



You can't submit anything this derby. Only designs that were awarded honorable mentions in the past derbies are allowed in double take derbies. Woot's in charge of all entries this week.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I didn't realize I had 4 HMs in here!
If anyone's interested, these are my 2 favorites




robosphere


quality posts: 0 Private Messages robosphere

So I guess it's the reason why there is no submit button? Because I've been wanting to submit some design but now the submission is already closed. Where can I submit just in case there is a new Double Take? Thanks.

cdrewlow wrote:You can't submit anything this derby. Only designs that were awarded honorable mentions in the past derbies are allowed in double take derbies. Woot's in charge of all entries this week.



manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

robosphere wrote:So I guess it's the reason why there is no submit button? Because I've been wanting to submit some design but now the submission is already closed. Where can I submit just in case there is a new Double Take? Thanks.



Scroll to the bottom of any shirt.woot page, under 'Artist Resources' there are links to submit derby designs and daily designs.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Would it be tooo bold to submit a design on 6 different shirt colors... I really can't decide for this design.

That's probably too much.

Ugh this is why I settle on grey so much. Maybe I could send the multiply-color choices in with the print file if it does well. =/

blessedbean


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blessedbean

I would love to see one derby that bans any reference to Dr. Who.
I like the show, but it's flooded the designs for over a year and I find myself thinking are the woot artists so limited now they can only draw blue phone boxes & fezes?

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
DianaSprinkle wrote:Would it be tooo bold to submit a design on 6 different shirt colors... I really can't decide for this design.

That's probably too much.

Ugh this is why I settle on grey so much. Maybe I could send the multiply-color choices in with the print file if it does well. =/



Pick two at most! Post 'em here and on Facebook to narrow down the choices.

I'm working on my entry (entries?) too. Weeks ago I posted a rough idea of an animal take on the defiant Tiananmen Square tank guy and I've worked on a few versions since.

Here's my bold mouse after the most recent bout of stencil, splatter and texturing.

marceepauff


quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
robosphere wrote:So I guess it's the reason why there is no submit button? Because I've been wanting to submit some design but now the submission is already closed. Where can I submit just in case there is a new Double Take? Thanks.



I think you've missed the point. You cannot submit to a double take at all. Double take submissions are chosen by woot. They're all shirts from previous derbies that received honorable mentions by woot staff.

You can submit to a regular themed derby, as long as the shirt fits within the theme guidelines. Next derby theme is "Bold". There will be a submit button once that derby launches so if your design falls under that theme, you can submit. Otherwise, you can always submit your design directly to woot and bypass the derby completely.

Manki


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki
Spiritgreen wrote:



Awesome


-

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Manki wrote:Awesome



Thanks Manki!

I seem to be on a cat and mouse trip with this new derby. Exhibit B, this sketch of Smeowg and a mouse reaching for the Arkencheese. :p

taternuggets


quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks Manki!

I seem to be on a cat and mouse trip with this new derby. Exhibit B, this sketch of Smeowg and a mouse reaching for the Arkencheese. :p



Mmmm....arkencheese.....


Nothing follows.

Manki


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki

Ah that's nice! I love seeing work in progress images of shirt work.

My entry will also have a cat, unless something happens.


-

marceepauff


quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Not sure if it'll make its way to a shirt or not, but I made myself giggle.

PixelPants


quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Spiritgreen wrote:


WIP win!
Solid idea, slick drawing and great characters Spirit.

oakenspirit


quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
PixelPants wrote:WIP win!
Solid idea, slick drawing and great characters Spirit.



PLUS- it gives a simple mnemonic on the CORRECT way to pronounce Smaug- ;)

Matt- you are going to be a force to reckon with this week- >_<


ochopika


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks Manki!

I seem to be on a cat and mouse trip with this new derby. Exhibit B, this sketch of Smeowg and a mouse reaching for the Arkencheese. :p



Aww dang I was doing the same thing, well a similar thing. Mine's a cat dragon with a knight mouse fighting it. Ooooh well yours is really nice ^_^

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Cheers Pixel & Oaken! I'm giving it my best shot this week.

ocho, looking forward to seeing yours! They will turn out very different I'm sure.