oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: CTRL Paradox



Bet you didn't know you were already a time traveler!?!?!?!


nathanshields


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathanshields
Re: Pizza Party



Great use of the shirt color!

lerandia


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lerandia
Re: Be Negative



Where is blood type O-Snap?

TobiasAmaranth


quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Enedlhach wrote:Advertising is effective. It is interesting to see that her designs don't do as well until she calls in her friends. This is an objective observation. I usually like Fable's designs. But I wonder if they would get fogged if she didn't have an "auto-vote" contingency?

*I know other artists who are popular have the same kind of thing going.



In my opinion, she does need them. But it also still needs to be a design that does well on its own around here. If the design doesn't grab at least a reasonable contingent of the regulars, it gets overshadowed. And even her fans aren't auto-voters; she's occasionally had designs not even fog. Take her entry in the Purple derby as an example.

The challenge is that the average derby person these days mostly just look at the current fog, and maybe a bit beyond that. So it's pretty important to get fogged early in the current atmosphere. Exceptions exist but... That's my thoughts.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

bluejester


quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Enedlhach wrote:Advertising is effective. It is interesting to see that her designs don't do as well until she calls in her friends. This is an objective observation. I usually like Fable's designs. But I wonder if they would get fogged if she didn't have an "auto-vote" contingency?

*I know other artists who are popular have the same kind of thing going.



Up until the last year and a half, Fablefire had been largely absent from the derby's and hadn't had a chance to participate, so I'm kinda glad to see some of her things fogging.

And yes, I'm sure that the mailing list helps, but other artists tweet or FB share as well. Walmazan has "brand" recognition and asks for votes on his pages (which I have no problem with because it lets me know when he has a horse in the race so to speak.)

Bottomline, it doesn't bug that much when someone is brought in to vote for an artist, because I like to remain optimistic that they'll see other designs, artsy ones as well as the cute ones, and be willing to cast a vote to both.

Anywho, I like this design and hope it prints (maybe on a onesie woot? c'mon, one more time?)

Marivera


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marivera

love this! must have!

alohawoot1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alohawoot1
marceepauff wrote:Glad this is back. I really loved it the first time round!


me, too!

alohawoot1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alohawoot1
Re: Be Negative


I'm AB negative

Cheatara45


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cheatara45
Re: Argyle in a Half Shell



I love this!

sgllama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgllama
Re: Bad Ideas



Am I missing something here - how is the LHC a "bad idea"?

Cheatara45


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cheatara45
bluejester wrote:Up until the last year and a half, Fablefire had been largely absent from the derby's and hadn't had a chance to participate, so I'm kinda glad to see some of her things fogging.

And yes, I'm sure that the mailing list helps, but other artists tweet or FB share as well. Walmazan has "brand" recognition and asks for votes on his pages (which I have no problem with because it lets me know when he has a horse in the race so to speak.)

Bottomline, it doesn't bug that much when someone is brought in to vote for an artist, because I like to remain optimistic that they'll see other designs, artsy ones as well as the cute ones, and be willing to cast a vote to both.

Anywho, I like this design and hope it prints (maybe on a onesie woot? c'mon, one more time?)



You can't vote unless you've bought something from woot before, right? Did they change that rule? It seems like that would make it at least a little harder for people to be able to gather up voters that are not actual woot customers.

I think, and this is just my mostly uninformed opinion. Uninformed in that I've only really lurked in the comments, I have very few posts and I have never myself entered into a derby, cause my art skills are nonexistent.

I think some of the reason that more pop culture (which could make the shirts obsolete when a new better thing replaces the current pop culture love of the minute.), more cutesy and more repetitive shirts keep winning in the derby could be that a higher percentage of wooters have kids compared to how many did a few years ago.

Like the fox/tardis/seuss shirt a few weeks ago. I would never wear that shirt, but I voted for it and I bought it cause I knew my 6 year old would adore it. I vote for a lot of shirts that I would never buy for myself to wear but know that if it won I'd definitely buy it for one of my kids.

When you are buying a t-shirt for a 6 year old you don't really need to worry about it being timeless, as some people have said they are looking for, cause they are going to outgrow the shirts in size before they completely out grow the pop culture reference. So cutesy is a desirable factor, hot pop culture references are a desirable factor and timelessness just never even gets a 2nd thought.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
nathanshields wrote:Great use of the shirt color!



Cheers! :^)

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
Re: The Crack in the Wall



THIS HAS TO WIN!

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
Re: Cat's Schrödinger



LOVE IT SO MUCH!

whlr70


quality posts: 0 Private Messages whlr70

I want this!!!!

coconutman1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
Re: Champions of tomorrow



Love it so mu...

coconutman1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
Re: Unicorn Tag



Classic

manikx66


quality posts: 1 Private Messages manikx66

this should print even if it doesn't win ;)

Narfcake


quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
Cheatara45 wrote:You can't vote unless you've bought something from woot before, right? Did they change that rule? ...


That is correct; no change on that rule.

Fable has been around for many years but she doesn't submit to the derbies consistently, hence I can understand relying on a list to get the word out.

FWIW, I have my favorite artists, but none of them get auto-votes. I hope that others feel the same that the votes only be cast for a design that they do like and not because of the name attached.

As for the repetitiveness of pop-culture and/or cutesy, I don't think it's so much because of kids but rather it's what the voters are familiar with. Still, there are no guarantees that it's the winning combination and what the voters choose doesn't necessarily correlate to sales - a 1st place winner could fall off the reckoning after 1 week, and a 30th place editor's choice could outlast and outsell all the other designs from both derbies; it's happened before.

enaych


quality posts: 5 Private Messages enaych
Re: DogeBall



OK, this is driving me nuts. There are times when a design has a design I don't get, but usually I can let it go. But this one keeps popping into my mind when I'm nowhere near the computer, let alone Woot, so I'm forced to beg that someone explain this one to me. Please?

Might as well have a signature now since I have something to put into it.

Narfcake


quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
enaych wrote:OK, this is driving me nuts. There are times when a design has a design I don't get, but usually I can let it go. But this one keeps popping into my mind when I'm nowhere near the computer, let alone Woot, so I'm forced to beg that someone explain this one to me. Please?


http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doge_(meme)

enaych


quality posts: 5 Private Messages enaych
Narfcake wrote:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doge_(meme)



Thanks so much, Narfcake! Somehow I've never come across that meme before (and I've been online since AOL's heyday). I kept looking for references to the Dodgeball movie. Shiba Inu--love that breed!

Might as well have a signature now since I have something to put into it.

Narfcake


quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
enaych wrote:Thanks so much, Narfcake! Somehow I've never come across that meme before (and I've been online since AOL's heyday). I kept looking for references to the Dodgeball movie. Shiba Inu--love that breed!


You're welcome. BTW, this is nowhere near the confusion that NASCAR fans have, at least.

angiedes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages angiedes
Re: Caffeine!


Can I buy this one now lol!!! Love it!!

littleclyde


quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: CTRL Paradox



I always thought this was pretty clever. Surprised it's not up there.

littleclyde


quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: Into the mind



The coloring on this is just so nice. Love the lighting.

littleclyde


quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: Owlgyle



I think the world is a better place with owl puns in it. Also, I love these little guys.

tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Re: DogeBall



+1

Love this design, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the whole doge meme.

tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Re: CTRL Paradox



Voted for this before, and certainly am voting for it again!

marceepauff


quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
Narfcake wrote:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doge_(meme)



Thanks for the explanation, Narf. I wasn't around this weekend. And thanks for the +1 TJ. Happy Monday everybody! Cinco de Mayo!

Votes appreciated:

confidex


quality posts: 0 Private Messages confidex
Re: Travel by Cat Bus



This indeed should get printed regardless of winning. It's a great design

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Lawn Protection Society



Back print please.

thatquietgir1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Andy Warthog



Thanks guys! Doesn't look like it will print this week either though...

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
tjschaeffer wrote:Voted for this before, and certainly am voting for it again!
littleclyde wrote:I always thought this was pretty clever. Surprised it's not up there.



Thanks so much guys! Appreciate the support- I am still being optimistic! ;)

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Not a Morning Person



I need this-

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Meals I Like



Love the colors- love the idea- +1

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Remember us



Still want this one...

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Fox Byte



/crosses fingers for editor's pick...

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Whatever...



Love the art on this one... (sort of wish the text was missing but +1 either way!)

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit