leslieh01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leslieh01
leslieh01 wrote:Haha. I'm not sure I can do that yet. But here is another attempt. I have it on black and cranberry shirts too. What do you think?!

I could try to make the platforms the dogs are running on top of into agility ramps and make the dogs jumping thru hoops. ?? 12 midnight idea Haha

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArabesqueArtsByDarcy
cherylfrancis wrote:Alrighty! Thank you.

Everything I think of with unusual perspective is coming out surreal.
But the subject is not surrealism.
Is anyone else having this problem?

dfunk29

quality posts: 54 Private Messages dfunk29
ajw567 wrote:My weekly skill practice.... I mean submission. Just imagine a strange universe where President/ vampire hunter Lincoln did not have small wooden logs named after him. Perhaps, even imagine these so called Lincoln logs do not exist...Duh duh duh. In this distorted reality along comes a simple man, an artist, named M.C. Escher. Although this man has ben blessed with somewhat charming facial hair, he struggles throughout life, until, one day he stumbles across an idea; an idea for a children's toy oh so perplexing... without further ado ESCHER LOGS....

Maybe it's just because the picture is small, but it kinda just looks like a lot of logs on one side and the shadow of one level on the other. I don't really see the Escher influence - but like I said, I may not be seeing it clearly due to the size.

zyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyk

This will be my second derby I'm participating in. I really am excited about this one Good luck to everyone.

FoxSonic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FoxSonic
orabbit wrote:I've been saving this for the right derby. Do you guys think this fits the theme? I'm worried about getting lost in the flood of pop culture, but I haven't seen a 'no pop-culture' rule in a while. Any one remember the last time?

The picture is great, but I'm wondering where the four elephants are? (look up Terry Pratchet if you're unsure of the reference)

-Thae-

ajw567

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajw567

oh sad day because people were having issues seeing my goal I have stayed up till 3:00am to fix it the results....

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone
ajw567 wrote:oh sad day because people were having issues seeing my goal I have stayed up till 3:00am to fix it the results....

It would be much better to remove the shirt image and just let us see the design itself. The size problem is from trying to see the details in 'the picture within the picture'.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
ajw567 wrote:oh sad day because people were having issues seeing my goal I have stayed up till 3:00am to fix it the results....

nice job! lincoln logs meets Escher is a fun idea.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

leslieh01

flemtone wrote:It would be much better to remove the shirt image and just let us see the design itself. The size problem is from trying to see the details in 'the picture within the picture'.

I can see it now! I agree abt taking it off the shirt to see it even more clearly.

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

Radscoolian wrote:

Cool! that Godzilla looks even more massive with perspective!
Why is the little boy wearing undershorts?

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

leslieh01 wrote:Haha. I'm not sure I can do that yet. But here is another attempt. I have it on black and cranberry shirts too. What do you think?!

Better... now I see the size difference (near dog larger, far dog smaller) better.
Part of me says that it can't be that simple... and more color again would help.
But now I need to work on my own design!

leslieh01

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy wrote:Better... now I see the size difference (near dog larger, far dog smaller) better.
Part of me says that it can't be that simple... and more color again would help.
But now I need to work on my own design!

Thanks! I'd welcome your opinions on any design I try, I did out up others (two revised dog ones and pizza one). The cat tree thing wasnt workin but I put it up anyway to see opinions. I may take it off tomorrow if In allowed. Anyhow! Thx!