Narfcake

quality posts: 380 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

pete1123 wrote:Changes? Hmm… as a non-AA advocate (because breasts) I'm concerned. If it's shirts, I hope we get the multiple blank choice - when we've had the "choices" sales then everyone gets the fit they like and everyone wins. ...

Any change would probably have an effect on the women's shirts, as the Anvil 880 blanks are uniquely sized and don't have a comparable product from another company.

As it is, the mutant blanks are already being an issue, even though they're carrying the same product numbers.

rangerlg wrote:Are the armpit holes going to form quicker? The last three or four shirts I've gotten have developed armpit holes after 3 or 4 washes.

The fabric is weaker on the mutant shirts; I've pulled holes on one and a tear in another tugging at the sleeve (because pinched armpits).

Bandrik wrote:Close. More like "paid per fox that orders her shirts."

Edit: I later realized that I was wearing a fablefire fox shirt at the time of original writing. I guess the statement above is true. =3

This cake has a few of her fox shirts too. And catshirts.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ralphy42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralphy42
skemmis wrote:Basically, if you order a shirt from the Top 20 and a shirt form a Plus Sale, you'll get charged $7 + $10(shipping) + $10 + $10(shipping) = $37, which is what you always would have been charged ($12 + $5(shipping) + $15 + $5).

I think it's the change in shipping from $5 per sale type to $10 per sale type for international purchases that was surprising (and not mentioned anywhere).
Got to love the bundle savings though!

Mavyn

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn
bronwyndevore wrote:For me, this is not a good deal. I buy shirts one a time, as a general rule, both due to finances and finding a design I want while looking through the catalog. It's only a $1 increase, true, but this time, it was enough to keep me from hitting the "place your order" button.

This is not a price increase if you only buy one shirt. You don't save any money from before, but you don't spend more either. That was the issue with the $8 tees. Now that they are $7, there isn't a punishment for buying just one.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

fibrs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fibrs

This makes coupon codes with a $20 minimum more difficult to use. Before two shirts would always get you to that limit, now 3 is typically required (unless it is two shirts from the catalog).

I realize that the savings on buying two shirts under the new system probably more than makes up for the coupon. However the coupon is now much less useful.

Zardus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zardus
skemmis wrote:Just wait...

I really, really, *really* hope you're hinting at the return of AA. I haven't bought a shirt since AA was taken away, and it hasn't been because of pricing, shipping, or any of that garbage. Personally, I'd gladly pay $20 for an AA shirt. Just give us the option!

skemmis

quality posts: 24 Private Messages skemmis
Zardus wrote:I really, really, *really* hope you're hinting at the return of AA. I haven't bought a shirt since AA was taken away, and it hasn't been because of pricing, shipping, or any of that garbage. Personally, I'd gladly pay $20 for an AA shirt. Just give us the option!

saquack

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saquack

Excellent! Now just offer a $10 AA option and I'll buy from you again.

Bandrik

quality posts: 87 Private Messages Bandrik

Thot42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thot42
skemmis wrote:We always charged individual international shipping from orders containing many sales types. Basically, if you order a shirt from the Top 20 and a shirt form a Plus Sale, you'll get charged $7 + $10(shipping) + $10 + $10(shipping) = $37, which is what you always would have been charged ($12 + $5(shipping) + $15 + $5).

If you order two shirts from the reckoning, or two shirts from the same plus sale, you will only be charged international shipping once.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the feedback. We know this one is confusing.

Hey,
I'm trying to order four different shirts (all from from the Dooomcat's Ninjas Shirt Plus event) and get charged $20 shipping to Germany. Why is that? Based on your calculation above I would expected $10, right?

Fiberlicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fiberlicious
leandrahime wrote:It's great if you buy more than one shirt at a time, but I usually don't. I usually only buy the shirt of the day or something on sale. So for me, I'm basically required to buy more than one shirt to get savings, and I don't always find more than one. I feel it's a shady ploy to get you to buy more than one at a time, and I disapprove.

Finally - a post from a non-suckup! I agree - I mostly buy one at a time, and mostly an reduced-price shirt. Shipping used to be free. Now, it adds prox 60% to the cost.

Bye bye, Woot shirts.

jthebird1977

quality posts: 37 Private Messages jthebird1977

does this mean that random T 2 pack will go down to $4? Also, during wootoffs, when a shirt is inevitably sold on main woot, will the price reflect the change ($5) and be able to combine shipping with other items in our carts (Big on Chucking)? You knew it was coming back to crap, didn't you? ha ha

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
jthebird1977 wrote:does this mean that random T 2 pack will go down to $4? Also, during wootoffs, when a shirt is inevitably sold on main woot, will the price reflect the change ($5) and be able to combine shipping with other items in our carts (Big on Chucking)? You knew it was coming back to crap, didn't you? ha ha

Randoms will probably go down- you can combine shipping with other Woot stuff already, so yes indeed you can buy crap with shirts.

agingdragqueen

Thot42 wrote:Hey,
I'm trying to order four different shirts (all from from the Dooomcat's Ninjas Shirt Plus event) and get charged $20 shipping to Germany. Why is that? Based on your calculation above I would expected $10, right?

You're right that it should be $10 for everything just in that sale. Your best bet honestly is to just make the purchase and contact CS for a refund. Let me know here too and I can send it off to our devs/set-up people and see if they can't figure out what went wrong.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

agingdragqueen wrote:Randoms will probably go down- ...

Still with a limit of 15? That's like a thrift store level of pricing, and even I'd be cra- ... er, stupid enough to go for it.

Fiberlicious wrote:Finally - a post from a non-suckup! I agree - I mostly buy one at a time, and mostly an reduced-price shirt. Shipping used to be free. Now, it adds prox 60% to the cost.

Bye bye, Woot shirts.

Daily at $12 still nets to $12 ($7+5).
Side sale at $12 is now $13 ($8+5).
Top 20 at $15 is still $15 ($10+5).
Catalog at $15 is now $16 ($11+5).

Your "prox 60%" math doesn't work.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

skemmis

agingdragqueen wrote:Randoms will probably go down- you can combine shipping with other Woot stuff already, so yes indeed you can buy crap with shirts.

We are still seeking the wisdom of the Great Account Gods but I can tell you that the price will NOT go down by $5. Otherwise you'd be able to get three 2-packs of Random for ($3 x $4 + $5 = ) $17, or $2.83 per shirt. And that just won't work.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

skemmis wrote:We are still seeking the wisdom of the Great Account Gods but I can tell you that the price will NOT go down by $5. Otherwise you'd be able to get three 2-packs of Random for ($3 x $4 + $5 = ) $17, or $2.83 per shirt. And that just won't work.

Well it won't work because randoms went back to $10/2. For three 2-packs at the if-we-drop-it-by-$5 $5, it'd be $20/6 or $3.33 ea.

skemmis

Narfcake wrote:Well it won't work because randoms went back to $10/2. For three 2-packs at the if-we-drop-it-by-$5 $5, it'd be $20/6 or $3.33 ea.

Good catch I forgot about that. That's still way too cheap per shirt for us to be able to do it.

Basically you need to solve for the equation where, if somebody buys a near-infinite number of Randoms in their order, the effective cost per unit equals or is greater than the amount we need to make from them to NOT lose money. Where the calculus nerds at?

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

skemmis wrote:Good catch I forgot about that. That's still way too cheap per shirt for us to be able to do it.

Basically you need to solve for the equation where, if somebody buys a near-infinite number ...

I wonder who's around here that has a history of buying a whoooooole lot of woot shirts...

agingdragqueen

skemmis wrote:We are still seeking the wisdom of the Great Account Gods but I can tell you that the price will NOT go down by $5. Otherwise you'd be able to get three 2-packs of Random for ($3 x $4 + $5 = ) $17, or $2.83 per shirt. And that just won't work.

I would like to continue keep our work conversations to the forums. I didn't think they'd go down $5, but I figure you guys are working that out since I would think it would go down A LITTLE at least.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

agingdragqueen wrote:I would like to continue keep our work conversations to the forums. I didn't think they'd go down $5, but I figure you guys are working that out since I would think it would go down A LITTLE at least.

The point is to clear out the Anvils, right? Make them 3/$10. One pack, it'd be $15, or the same $5/each it currently is.

Buy 2, it'll be $25/6 ($4.17). 3, $35/9 ($3.89). 4, $45/12 ($3.75). 5, $55/15 ($3.67) ... and cap the limit there.

Would that work?

gennefur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gennefur

For me, 99% of the time I will buy one shirt at a time but I do buy a lot of the shirts of the day. I'm not really digging the price change. But more than anything please use better shirts to print on!! I bought some shirts for my son and they already have holes in the arm pit areas after 2 washes. I thought it was from him being a boy but seeing others comment on the same issue I thought I would add to it too.

dboyd1089

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dboyd1089

Still doesn't help international shoppers much.

I'm looking at buying two shirts from the top 20 and If I understand this correctly, I'm being charged the original $5 + another $5 to ship it to Canada?

Being such good neighbours you think we'd get some sort of a break eh?

That extra $5 kills me and prevents me from ordering and the fact that I can't bundle my shipping costs from different "styles" (top 20, woot plus, catalogue, etc.) into one shipping cost really grinds my gears. I'd place an order for over 5 shirts (especially with this new pricing), but to pay separate shipping costs doesn't make any sense to me and It kills the sale.

I'd like to see you guys and gals break the barrier of how you classify shirts under different categories with separate shipping costs and combine it all into one. Also, if possible, help us Canadians out with a little more friendly shipping. Our dollar is pretty crummy right now.

K44fty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K44fty

Yeah, regarding international shipping (to the UK) I'm having the problem of being charged $10 per shirt at the checkout stage. 3 shirts with $30 shipping? That seems a lot.
Forgive my ignorance but on a similar note, I don't understand why different shipping costs are quoted depending on the category you're buying the shirt from. Aren't all the shirts pooled and sent out in batches anyway?

PixieVampyress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixieVampyress

Works for me, now I can get more than just one t-shirt at a time!!!

Cherish Your Loved Ones.

LMEls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LMEls
bnbsouthworth wrote:Just in time for my kids to have outgrown the age when they let me dress them and won't wear the same shirts anymore...

What age is that? My teenagers still like the Woot shirts I buy for them, I only had to update the size to men's large...

(and there's no reason to buy identical shirts, the flat rate goes for all shirts from the same category)

troy0891

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troy0891

I gotta say, I love this new shipping pricing. It's like you're giving me permission to splurge and buy more shirts. Buy enough and you basically get one free.

One thing though... What's up with all the shirts being marked as "temporarily unavailable" when I look through the catalog?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
troy0891 wrote:I gotta say, I love this new shipping pricing. It's like you're giving me permission to splurge and buy more shirts. Buy enough and you basically get one free.

One thing though... What's up with all the shirts being marked as "temporarily unavailable" when I look through the catalog?

most of the shirts in the catalog that aren't in the reckoning are printed to order using dtg tech, and woot's dtg throughput is much more limited than for screenprinted tees. if too many shirts are ordered in a day, they mark the catalog designs as "temporarily unavailable" for a while. mabe try looking/ordering closer to a leetle after midnite central time.

and start here.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:... and start here.

But what if I have 7 copies already?

mrbarister

quality posts: 36 Private Messages mrbarister

It's only a $1.00 increase if you buy one shirt from Woot plus or or catalog. Then you still get free shipping on everything else in the cart, not just from shirt purchases, so maybe you spend a dollar extra, and the next time you buy 2 items, and save $5.00. Even assuming both those items were from the catalog, and cost a dollar extra each, you'd still save $2.00 overall. With other Woot items, they can simply bump their prices up a few dollars to compensate for the average loss in shipping.

The only thing I don't get is why they chose to lower the price when they could have increased the quality of the blanks and kept the kept the price the same. I guess that despite the numerous complaints, the quality has not deterred enough people from buying shirts.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

mrbarister wrote:... The only thing I don't get is why they chose to lower the price when they could have increased the quality of the blanks and kept the kept the price the same. I guess that despite the numerous complaints, the quality has not deterred enough people from buying shirts.

They still have to get rid of the crap somehow. If the price is low enough, someone will buy it.

(I admit to being guilty of that.)

truelink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages truelink

The change is fine. Yadda-yadda-yadda. It's almost all benefit.

What I really want to say is that I love the way you write things here. I haven't bought any shirts in a while just because my closet is full, but I still check in for the art and writing. I think that was cemented by the table flipping/unflipping (deflipping?) in this update.

You're awesome.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1

I get that it is probably better costwise in the big picture. 1 dollar increase for a single catalog shirt does suck. However I really hate the idea of paying for shipping, ever.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

thatquietgir1 wrote:I get that it is probably better costwise in the big picture. 1 dollar increase for a single catalog shirt does suck. However I really hate the idea of paying for shipping, ever.

Up until the Christmas season, the catalog shirts were $18, so a single shirt now is still $2 less than what it was.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Narfcake wrote:Up until the Christmas season, the catalog shirts were $18, so a single shirt now is still $2 less than what it was.

That does make me feel better. But I get excited by "11" which is not the case. Idk I've never bought more than one thing at a time from woot. I guess this is their clever ploy to change that. Can't fault them. As long as artists are paid the same, and as it seems this change will make it more often.. I will not complain. (so disregard all previous complaints :D)

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

thatquietgir1 wrote:That does make me feel better. But I get excited by "11" which is not the case. Idk I've never bought more than one thing at a time from woot. I guess this is their clever ploy to change that. Can't fault them. As long as artists are paid the same, and as it seems this change will make it more often.. I will not complain. (so disregard all previous complaints :D)

Yes, that is the idea. Seeing how the catalog has sold out of its daily allotment every day so far, it seems to be working.

As for complaining, this is woot. When do folks NOT complain about something?!

(mumbles something about shrinking armpit pinching shirts with shoulder poofs ...)

GrilledCheze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GrilledCheze

Do you plan on looking into alternate basic shipping methods for this change? I live overseas and use an APO box. The last shirt I ordered took 2 months from order to receipt. I don't mind the wait, but I usually have forgotten about the shirt by the time it arrives.

The USPS likes to punish us by sitting on our packages forever when shipped by a service like FedEx Smart Post. I know I might be dreaming here, but it sure would be swell if you abandoned SmartPost for APO addresses.

kisekileia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kisekileia

Where's The Hoop? is with the international shipping changes, which are very much not as described in this post? I'm in Canada and now you guys want to charge me $10 PER SHIRT for shipping! It used to be a flat $5 per order. This is a huge negative for me and drastically reduces the likelihood of me ordering again from ShirtWoot in the future. Please switch it back!

kisekileia

I'm in Canada and having the exact same problem.

K44fty wrote:Yeah, regarding international shipping (to the UK) I'm having the problem of being charged $10 per shirt at the checkout stage. 3 shirts with $30 shipping? That seems a lot.
Forgive my ignorance but on a similar note, I don't understand why different shipping costs are quoted depending on the category you're buying the shirt from. Aren't all the shirts pooled and sent out in batches anyway?

kisekileia

I was going to order 2 shirts to ship to Canada, and I was charged $10 per shirt! I have now ordered one of the two shirts I was going to order, but I had to pay more for shipping than for the shirt!

agingdragqueen wrote:You're right that it should be $10 for everything just in that sale. Your best bet honestly is to just make the purchase and contact CS for a refund. Let me know here too and I can send it off to our devs/set-up people and see if they can't figure out what went wrong.

kisekileia

Please, no American Apparel shirts! Their women's sizing is totally ridiculous (essentially, anything below a large or so is equivalent to a children's size), and the company owner has a nasty reputation for sexual harassment. The current shirts are much more female-friendly.

Zardus wrote:I really, really, *really* hope you're hinting at the return of AA. I haven't bought a shirt since AA was taken away, and it hasn't been because of pricing, shipping, or any of that garbage. Personally, I'd gladly pay $20 for an AA shirt. Just give us the option!