Awesome work!

kharmazero

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: Scary Night

woahhh!beauty here

littlegreendog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlegreendog
Re: Pumpkin of 1000 Faces

Loved creating this one - What can you find? Enjoy!

ochopika

quality posts: 31 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

acraigl wrote:I could be wrong, but I though GITD had to be overprinted on white?

It's true. It won't print well on the shirt alone, it needs to be over white ink. That's not really something everyone will know so I'll note it in the write-up.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Sally's Soup

" I thought you liked frog's breath? "

TommersP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TommersP
Re: Carbs are Evil

GMV, this is awesome!

yazmoq

quality posts: 18 Private Messages yazmoq
ColtsMere wrote:GAAAAAKKKK! HOW did you get that beautiful moon?!!! Take a look at the Community Artist tab for the "texture" question...you'll see my plight! Lovely, lovely moon! Jealous, jealous me! Not enough time for me to learn for this derby, I think.
-ColtsMere

Hey there. Thank you for the appreciation. The easiest way to get the effect you're looking for, is to create your own texture brushes in photoshop, from the pictures you own or non-copyrighted photos from the internet. There are loads of tutorials available online on how to do that.

Once that is done, you have to halftone the texture/s so the layer is in one color. After that you can change the color to whatever you want (still being one solid color per layer) The moon here is in two layers, orange below, yellow above, both layers halftoned. @Narfcake has pointed you towards some great tutorials on halftones. Give them a read.

There are also ready-to-use texture brushes available online, that you can download and use like you would any of your brushes in photoshop (you'll still need to halftone them though, if you're going to be using them in a t-shirt design) Just make sure the artist has given the permission for the brushes to be used commercially (usually in the description), if you're gonna be using them to make money.
I hope this made sense. =)

Catpacker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Catpacker
Re: Halloween Trumpkin

This is lol :D

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: PikaBOO!

clever

ColtsMere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ColtsMere
Re: LoveLoveLove

Simple idea, simple lines. We'll see! I posted first on orange, then got the willies...so I fully chickened out and reposted on black. It's more dramatic, I hope.

ColtsMere

Re: Adult Trick or Treats

'cept my glass would be a little more full and my grin a little wider!!! Especially if I were with my sisters! Need this shirt, I guess! GMV!

marceepauff

quality posts: 23 Private Messages marceepauff
Re: Beware a Trick or Treat

That's gorgeous.

marceepauff

quality posts: 23 Private Messages marceepauff
yazmoq wrote:Hey there. Thank you for the appreciation. The easiest way to get the effect you're looking for, is to create your own texture brushes in photoshop, from the pictures you own or non-copyrighted photos from the internet. There are loads of tutorials available online on how to do that.

Once that is done, you have to halftone the texture/s so the layer is in one color. After that you can change the color to whatever you want (still being one solid color per layer) The moon here is in two layers, orange below, yellow above, both layers halftoned. @Narfcake has pointed you towards some great tutorials on halftones. Give them a read.

There are also ready-to-use texture brushes available online, that you can download and use like you would any of your brushes in photoshop (you'll still need to halftone them though, if you're going to be using them in a t-shirt design) Just make sure the artist has given the permission for the brushes to be used commercially (usually in the description), if you're gonna be using them to make money.

Yaz, if you can - maybe post a zoomed in closeup of the texture so she can see the halftone. From the photo it looks like a gradient - but when she sees a zoomed in portion, maybe she'll understand better?

ColtsMere

yazmoq wrote:Hey there. Thank you for the appreciation. The easiest way to get the effect you're looking for, is to create your own texture brushes in photoshop, from the pictures you own or non-copyrighted photos from the internet. There are loads of tutorials available online on how to do that.

It did! It's a whole new confusing world for me! I've saved and already begun looking at those resources from Narfcake, and I've got lots of work to do in the coming weeks. Thanks so much for the description of your technique!

-ColtsMere

ColtsMere

marceepauff wrote:Yaz, if you can - maybe post a zoomed in closeup of the texture so she can see the halftone. From the photo it looks like a gradient - but when she sees a zoomed in portion, maybe she'll understand better?

YOU GUYS ROCK!!! THANKS FOR BEING SO GIVING WITH YOUR ADVICE!
-ColtsMere

mcobutte

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Halloween Trumpkin

Scarier would be Clinton as the bride of Frankenstein

minimnm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minimnm
Re: Boogieman Nightmare

I didn't know the white ink requirement for the glow in the dark ink, currently fixing that.

simic

quality posts: 15 Private Messages simic
Re: Pumpkin spice

HAHAHA!
Do pumpkins save their "extract" all year or do they just try to keep up with the seasonal demand?

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Witch Cat Deserves Love

Hah!

=^.^=

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

mcobutte

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Best friends

Quick comment, designs are rejected for more than one shirt color

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Carbs are Evil

Nice followup!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Pumpkin

Not sure if the muted orange is going to be an issue here or not ...

soupgirl72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupgirl72
benjaminleebates wrote:ANIMATED VERSION!

Really Nicely Done

Supper cool

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Costume Cats

Purrfect!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Bewitching Brew

Sooo ... this is normal cat, right?

paxdomino

quality posts: 9 Private Messages paxdomino
marceepauff wrote:That's gorgeous.

Thank you!

wottwin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wottwin
Re: Nine Lives

Creepy and cute - I love it!

paxdomino

quality posts: 9 Private Messages paxdomino
wottwin wrote:Creepy and cute - I love it!

Thanks!

minimnm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minimnm
Re: Boogieman Nightmare

Glow in the dark ink is now on white

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani

AWESOME job GMV

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Jack the Cutter

AHH again I can't decide.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Very cool!

donnaworsley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaworsley
wottwin wrote:Creepy and cute - I love it!

I LOVE IT,TOO!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
dooomcat wrote:One of my favourite shows!! Dean all the way!
And this is a really different take on Supernatural designs, soooo cool!

Thanks doOomy, I love the show too, back in 2 weeks! I'm glad you liked this different kinda idea. I hadn't realized just how central the MoL base was until I starting putting this together.

tjfoxxxxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjfoxxxxx
Re: The Halloween Fox

This should have a glow option...

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: The Halloween Fox

Now that's just mean!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Excellent use of negative space here!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Don't Go In The Basement

Hello?

Could someone please say Candyman five times?

transformingegg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages transformingegg
Re: Freakin' Meowt

Just saw the error in my colour circles on this one. Only 3 colors. Orange, White and Glow. Whoops!