cdrewlow

quality posts: 17 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: And It's All Good

And if you don't know, now you know.
Love it.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Zombie Horticulture

Oh man- ZamN is one of my all-time favs. :D Awesome pixelwork.

oakenspirit

Re: Indy Game

Perfection.

acraigl

quality posts: 181 Private Messages acraigl
kg07 wrote:Lol, I am aging myself with this one, but this is Adventure from the old 2600.

I think I realized it was Adventure after I typed that. I think we're in the same age bracket. I'm still pissed that bird kept taking my key. Stupid bird.

VOTE! >>

oakenspirit

Re: Skeletor

Awesome pixels!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 17 Private Messages cdrewlow
omarfeliciano wrote:Hahaha. This is great.

Did you know that this scene was filmed like that because Harrison Ford didn't feel good that day and didn't want to sword fight?

Thanks, Omar! I'm glad he din't feel good, because this is my favorite scene of the movie.

Spiritgreen wrote:<3

Thanks, SG!

oakenspirit wrote:Perfection.

Thanks! I had some good suggestions for the wording.

oakenspirit

oakenspirit

Re: Dreadfall

Super! Really fun mashup.

oakenspirit

Re: Invader from Space

I'll have some ALIEN to VS your PREDATOR shortly. ;)

Great design man.

acraigl

Re: Asteroid?

Great design. I already want the GITD remix.

VOTE! >>

ILoveEwe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: Fatal Fantasy VII

Really awesome! Timely too, with FF15 right around the corner

giraffalot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giraffalot
Re: Basic Design

Any Amstrad love here?

--------------------------------
Vote for Dungeons & Dragons!

kentuckystan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kentuckystan
Re: Slappers Only

Odd job was so hard to hit! +1

ColtsMere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ColtsMere
Re: PONG

It was the beginning of it all...

taternuggets

quality posts: 26 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Rebel Force

It's a good thing your voters hung around in case that happened.

Nothing follows.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Rebel Droid Bros.

If you can make this work, Patrick, it's got my vote and purchase both!
Ha, I see you had a contingency plan.

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
KitKat10 wrote:Super! Perfect colors and overall feel!

Thanks KitKat!

simic

quality posts: 12 Private Messages simic
Re: Game Over

HAHAHAHA! That's awesome

acraigl

Re: Homo Pacus

Funny and disturbing all at once. Nice

VOTE! >>

marceepauff

quality posts: 23 Private Messages marceepauff

I should've resubbed this one from way back...

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 47 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Sole Survivor

You are the Alien to my Predator. Love it!

oakenspirit

Re: Sole Survivor

LATE! BUT- Hope you dig my ALIEN/METROID mashup that NEEDS TO BE REAL- ;)

oakenspirit

Re: Fall of the Ancients

And so the ancient beasts fell... Replaced by a more agile breed...

giraffalot

Re: 1983

Does anybody know how some designs will get several votes in a short space of time, and others take days to get even one. Is it purely quality or is it also traffic related. Are some shirts directing more traffic to vote for them? Serious question.

acraigl

giraffalot wrote:Does anybody know how some designs will get several votes in a short space of time, and others take days to get even one. Is it purely quality or is it also traffic related. Are some shirts directing more traffic to vote for them? Serious question.

Some artists have been here for a long time and have earned a following. Other times it's something about the design that just resonates with the voters. But mostly there is no predicting the whim of the shirt.woot masses.

VOTE! >>

giraffalot

acraigl wrote:Some artists have been here for a long time and have earned a following. Other times it's something about the design that just resonates with the voters. But mostly there is no predicting the whim of the shirt.woot masses.

I thought so. earned a following among who? Other artists, or woot customers? Or other? Because to vote you need to be logged in to woot, right? So the following must either be internal wooters, or logged in to Amazon when they arrive. Is there a follow button? Or do you mean the old fashioned follow, whereby fans will literally search out a favourite artist's work on woot?

marceepauff

giraffalot wrote:I thought so. earned a following among who? Other artists, or woot customers? Or other? Because to vote you need to be logged in to woot, right? So the following must either be internal wooters, or logged in to Amazon when they arrive. Is there a follow button? Or do you mean the old fashioned follow, whereby fans will literally search out a favourite artist's work on woot?

Personally, I have at least two built-in votes. Me and my dad (who's a wooter). I also have friends who woot and I usually ask them to vote as well. Some people post on facebook or twitter to get their friends and followers to vote. And I can only assume there are several artists that have (or have access to) more than one account; many artists have spouses or kids that woot as well - those are practically built in votes too. At the end of the day, those 5 or 6 "built-in" votes don't usually swing a victory when the 1st-3rd places get 150+ votes - although the voting has dropped off a lot, so every vote does help.

PS if you participate in the forums and you put your entries in your sig like me (and acraigl) sometimes you might get a click from there too.

marceepauff

Great job!

jrberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrberger

I think the no Mario Bros is going to get you rejected again, but it's worth a shot.

acraigl

jrberger wrote:I think the no Mario Bros is going to get you rejected again, but it's worth a shot.

Why do you say that? I don't see any Mario reference now.

VOTE! >>

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
giraffalot wrote:I thought so. earned a following among who? Other artists, or woot customers? Or other? Because to vote you need to be logged in to woot, right? So the following must either be internal wooters, or logged in to Amazon when they arrive. Is there a follow button? Or do you mean the old fashioned follow, whereby fans will literally search out a favourite artist's work on woot?

I used to work here and I have a following because of that but my art's so bad I feel bad exploiting it.

Walmazan's a really good example of an artist who has a super clear style of his own, an innate ability to make appealing and timely designs and because of it has a really pretty epic following of friends and fans. It's really skill, luck and harassment will net you votes. Mostly I just play for the honorable mentions (where they put your designs in a plus sale the Monday after the winners print) and to annoy my previous coworkers with terrible designs.

ste7enl

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ste7enl

The speed with which you got back into the fog is pretty impressive. I'd say good luck, but it seems you won't need it.

ste7enl

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Fall of the Ancients

The "tilt" text really put this over the top.

flatlimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flatlimp

What really goes on in this guys head.

(Re-edited to prevent copyright infringement)

-There's my Chippy

acraigl

agingdragqueen wrote:I used to work here and I have a following because of that but my art's so bad I feel bad exploiting it.

Walmazan's a really good example of an artist who has a super clear style of his own, an innate ability to make appealing and timely designs and because of it has a really pretty epic following of friends and fans. It's really skill, luck and harassment will net you votes. Mostly I just play for the honorable mentions (where they put your designs in a plus sale the Monday after the winners print) and to annoy my previous coworkers with terrible designs.

I'd follow you anywhere, ADQ.

VOTE! >>

acraigl

Re: Pacception

Ouch, too bad. I liked this one.

VOTE! >>

Boyscandraw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boyscandraw

flatlimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flatlimp

Thank you! I'm sad this was rejected. I hope the new one doesn't.

-There's my Chippy

jrberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrberger
acraigl wrote:Why do you say that? I don't see any Mario reference now.

That was listed as the reason it got rejected last time.

jnolen85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnolen85
simic wrote:HAHAHAHA! That's awesome

Thanks! This is my first attempt at pixel art, so my pixel art game is pretty weak. :P