igriesd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages igriesd
Re: Wrong box, doc

Welcome to the fog my friend.

aliciabeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciabeck
trevorstearns wrote:Thank you, and re awkwardness: I was looking at it from the point of view of Death having worked all this time building a big, bad, serious image so that he could be sure that when he comes for you, you'll wet yourself; then his pet kitten hops on his shoulder all sweet and lovey and really ruins the moment.

Any chance this will print any where else? I really want it!

khonrichan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khonrichan

Asked my brother if he wanted anything for Christmas, said no. I showed him that this was in the fog about 2 hours later, and he turned into a foamy-mouthed something or other screaming about "DAT SCARF!" and Tom Baker. Hopefully this wins. I want to actually get him something (as well as a colorful scarf to go with it) instead of sucking as a sister.

Oh, tl;dr, you has my vote.

ApeLad

quality posts: 34 Private Messages ApeLad
igriesd wrote:Welcome to the fog my friend.

Good thing I'm wearing my trench coat!

ApeLad

khonrichan wrote:Asked my brother if he wanted anything for Christmas, said no. I showed him that this was in the fog about 2 hours later, and he turned into a foamy-mouthed something or other screaming about "DAT SCARF!" and Tom Baker. Hopefully this wins. I want to actually get him something (as well as a colorful scarf to go with it) instead of sucking as a sister.

Oh, tl;dr, you has my vote.

I'm sure you're a wonderful sister either way.

WesSabi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WesSabi
Re: Overgrown Breakfast

I believe I saw a remarkably similar pic in a Dr Seuss book the other day, except it involved an archaeopteryx.

jvprim099

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvprim099
landsnark wrote:Regardless of Woot-reference allergy, the 'no text' parameter will knock it out...but it's a GREAT idea and I wish it would fly!

I bet it goes unnoticed until the end.

sunnydiscontent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnydiscontent

Any Whovian would want this!

SunnyDiscontent

lauriequinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauriequinn
Re: tweet tweet TWOOT

This one has to win!!

bsstan89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsstan89
Re: Crimefighter

This is an awesome shirt! I hope it wins!!!

ochopika

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ochopika
wubupon wrote:Ok...I like this joke.

Wubupon, you WOULD like this joke.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Mom

I was at a bridal shower where the future mother-in-law gave the bride an apron made out of fur. Didn't want to know what that was about. For some reason, this shirt reminded me about that.

HujoeBigs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HujoeBigs
cruelnv wrote:Nice job, and don't worry; Biggoron can fix it. ;)

I just posted this in another entry, but I'm sure some of you might like it if you hadn't heard it before, too:

http://ephixa.com/track/free-bonus-lost-woods-dubstep-rap-remix-by-nonelikejoshua

(so many good memories; check the others out too)

I like the shirt, like Dub step, and like video game music. I hate when people try to sing or rap to video game music though, ruins the flow and ruins the music. Just remix it like the guys over at ocremix (then again they have some vocal songs as well) if you wanna pay tribute to it, otherwise in my opinion don't do it.

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: A really akward spot

Awww... this is cute! I love the color choices and the placement on the shirt. And your cats have a lot of personality, too.

astrobat

jasneko wrote:I love the style of this!

Me three! And your color choices are very clever and effective.

astrobat

Re: No, No, No... You're supposed to EAT them, Ted!

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

kenzierebecca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenzierebecca
Re: Free Hugs

I would buy this! Please resubmit another time! it's super cute.

mustiado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mustiado
Re: Rookie Mistake

The more I looked at it, the more it grew on me. I'm digging this entry!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
icymallard wrote:haha, hes about to fall off!

kind of looks like a ghost for some reason...

Yup... awk-ward!

Heh, yes a little ghost like on the dark background.

Vote!

serenityx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages serenityx

I am actually knitting a Who scarf, sadly it most likely won't be done until next winter it is so long!

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
Re: Epic Fail

I absolutely LOVE Zelda Ocarina of Time. I recently set up my N64 to play through the game again with my Dad. I really hope this Prints, my dad and I both might end up buying it. This is really great, I'm glad you made it. ^_^

ApeLad

serenityx wrote:I am actually knitting a Who scarf, sadly it most likely won't be done until next winter it is so long!

Is it possible to make it a moebius scarf?

stogieman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stogieman
r3mix3r wrote:This may be rejected though ... the S on the cape is text another design http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57908 was rejected for an R on the cape !

That's not an S. That's a Kryptonian symbol for the House of EL.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Fur Kills

Well it is pretty safe to say that this one won't make it, but thanks again everyone! I am very glad that so many of you enjoyed this design.

zeroelement

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeroelement

As always great work hope i check it the day it comes out XD

mattryan

quality posts: 41 Private Messages mattryan
Re: Rookie Mistake

I think I just peed a little from laughing so hard. Love this shirt. Who hasn't had that awkward first day at work?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: REJUCTED

Lol! The rejectionator's stamp fit so nicely over the one on the design...

briacha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briacha
Re: BIRTHDAY WISH

This is so adorable!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

The success of this surprises me not at all.
What does surprise me is that for the past several derbies, the "no pop-cult rule" has not been applied and yet few designers have taken advantage of it.

move along

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
xazothia wrote:Just to throw my 2 cents into the "desu clone" debate, I can always tell the difference between a Diana entry and a Ramy entry. They share influences but they ARE different.

I'm new - just started posting entries in the derby - yes, I start wondering why some entries get more votes than others especially when I worked hard on an entry and I am proud of it.
But (and this will probably make me rather unpopular) there is no reason to complain about RamyB or DianaSprinkle or any other that consistantly wins based on what anybody calls a recycled design. This is about MARKETING - the votes come in on these designs because the general population is depressed and down due to the world economic state and we gravitate toward those things that make us smile and forget about our own personal situations.

Simply put, if you don't like the art style then don't vote for it, but if others do, the designers are not to blame. They are doing what works.

Proxgotsthafia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proxgotsthafia
shikausstan wrote:What I don't get about the complainers is that this is the style that sells.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

People are complaining because they don't like this style. They're simply voicing their opinions, regardless of whether or not they're in the minority. What's not to get?

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929
Re: Water Wings

Thanks everybody for your votes

jasneko

Re: Crimefighter

I like the style and colors of this

Vote!

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
elmosuperman wrote:This style is awesome. It should have more votes.

Thanks for the comment! Too bad it didn't get more.

jasneko

Re: Uncomforta-bull

This is quite charmingly done... very nice!!

Vote!

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya
Re: Mummy's Predicament

Sorry this didn't make it. Even with the 'toilet humor' it is an awesome shirt. I think the 'no toilet humor' is a good rule to have in general, but man, this shirt makes me wish differently. haha

Nbr8sGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nbr8sGirl
Spotsmom wrote:I've never watched a Dr. Who show in my life, and I laughed at the reference! My daughter had explained the concept to me a year or so ago, when she discovered Dr. Who. She watches some new spin-off incarnation about his sidekick.

Nice shirt, fun concept.

Love me some Captain Jack Harkness.....on Torchwood, which is what I bet your daughter watches.

Did you know, TORCHWOOD is the letters from DOCTOR WHO rearranged, an anagram.....cool, huh ?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 104 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
xazothia wrote:Just to throw my 2 cents into the "desu clone" debate, I can always tell the difference between a Diana entry and a Ramy entry. They share influences but they ARE different.

Well for one, I draw the scythes more accurately... why is it that everyone wants to make the staff straight and the blade really curvy when the staff is curved and the blade is mostly straight?

Don't get me started on how people make the blade attach to the staff... LOL anyway. Thanks for the comment xazothia. =D

Hmmm, as for similarities, I don't think this is that similar to the Ramyb's Reaper/bunny designs as the bunny isn't the point of this image. The bunny is just background noise to aid in the sad tale of Death and Mister Owl! The shortest children's book ever.

Thanks for all the comments and votes everyone!

greenleaf44

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greenleaf44

My biggest concern with this is whether or not I can justify $10 for a tshirt when I'm having trouble paying rent. Then again, it's Doctor Who...

Regardless, hope it prints!

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: I Can See Ur Nutt

Wow, thanks for all the comments and votes everyone! I didn't think Tom and Harry would do this well ^^;. Glad you all enjoyed the joke.

Omar, sent you a pm reply