bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: tweet tweet TWOOT

Robert, I hope you'll consider subbing this one elsewhere when you can! It's really a great, wearable shirt!

deealana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deealana
Re: Wrong box, doc

I want this shirt!!!! Love Dr. Who!

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
trevorstearns wrote:Thank you, and re awkwardness: I was looking at it from the point of view of Death having worked all this time building a big, bad, serious image so that he could be sure that when he comes for you, you'll wet yourself; then his pet kitten hops on his shoulder all sweet and lovey and really ruins the moment.

I've always considered cats evil, so I just thought they were a matched set. ;-)

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
omarfeliciano wrote:He quit smoking 5 years ago. Now he can blow better!

...giggity?

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
profbrendan wrote:...giggity?

KAAHHHH!!!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
stancial wrote:Does it bother anyone else that the wolf has actually managed to blow down the brick house?

I noticed that too. But look carefully. Do you see any bricks lying around? It looks like there are some, but nowhere near enough to comprise an actual house. So what happened here? This is actually the PAPER house, and the paper had a brick design.

I love this, btw

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: 3 Little Mad Scientists

This is a cute design, but it kind of gets lost on the royal blue.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
jasneko wrote:This is quite charmingly done...

Thanks!

wishingforwzrds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wishingforwzrds
Re: I'm here to rescue... uh...

I'm so glad to see other people thought of Cimorene as well. The Enchanted Forest Chronicals are still some of my favorite books.

Personally, I don't wear t shirts but if I did I would buy this in a heart beat. The same goes for if I could get a print of this picture. Please make that possible!

suedehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suedehed

I so have to have this shirt!

bradleyforrest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradleyforrest

I'm really hoping this wins. It's absolutely perfect for my wife.

grimall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grimall
DianaSprinkle wrote:

I could of used a cat(ha ha ha), but people don't believe owls actually hunt them. I went through a lot of different animals but thought the bunny was the most recognizable from the back, large enough to be seen, and is also an animal owls hunt.

It isn't just cats, I've lost 3 dogs to neighborhood owls. It's been heartbreaking, so much so that now I own fish and keep them in the basement as far away from windows as I can.

I'm dreaming when I'm tired, and I'm tired when I'm awake.

draco18s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draco18s

I'd buy this. Shame I didn't see it until now, or I'd have voted.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
mugawumpus wrote:Thanks all for your support. I'm brand new to this and just trying to figure things out. I honestly don't have a problem with the no toilet humor thing. I didn't realize that was already established as a rule, but I actually thought it might be a little questionable when I submitted it. No harm done here...Hope I didn't offend anyone.

(His bony hip was actually my favorite part.)

Getting rejected isn't cause for offense, there are tons of little rules you just kind of get to know after a while. Good luck with your next sub! And try this shirt on another side - I know for sure my dad would love it! ;)

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

grimall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grimall
captainassassin wrote:

What is "awkward" about being a silver-medalist?
How did the turtle finish the race on its back?
Is the designer the boss's kid or something? Why does this have 300+ votes?

I don't see anything "awkward" about this design, and adding "awkward" to the title doesn't make it awkward. A design on a t-shirt (especially a humorous one) should be able to stand alone without lengthy explanation by the wearer.

There is nothing awkward with being a silver medal, the silver medal isn't the awkward part of this. It's to show that the turtle lost to the hare, a small touch that adds overall, like in Diana's entry how she has the little ghost flying away from the owl.

It has 300+ votes because while some people are tired of Ramyb's turtles and bunnies, they are still cute and well done so others don't mind in the least. Not to mention is isn't just vote for one, which means people that vote for Ramyb can also vote for others. 300 people decided they liked the shirt in general, not exclusively.

The awkward part of this shirt is that turtles that are flipped over have a hard time getting back on their feet. That's the point. It also correlates to Ramyb's little story relating to it about him tripping over the hurdles multiple times.

coolestghoul wrote:lol ... but where do all the votes come from?!?! I don't get it. How many ramyb turtle shirts can one own?

I believe the number is roughly the same as the number of Zubats in a dark cave.

I'm dreaming when I'm tired, and I'm tired when I'm awake.

zippybluedwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippybluedwarf
Re: Paper Hugs Rock

I'm surprised people have such issues with the paper not being paper-like or the rock not being rock-like. This shirt is great! It's cute without being little animals, it's funny, and it's very easy to tell what's going on. I don't have a problem with the orange-ish paper; it's very clear what it is! Plus, the game never specifies that it's notebook paper

Nicely done!

vaprrenon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaprrenon

I need this in my life.

Carolyn Severs

hersheygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hersheygirl
Re: An Awkward Draft

This is really creative! I love it!

hersheygirl

Re: what the spork

I love this! It's really cute and I'd buy it if I wasn't broke!

hersheygirl

michesco89 wrote:Don't you just hate it when your breakfast watches you eat?

great job creative and funny. best of luck!

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
Re: Overgrown Breakfast

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGH how can this be #12 on Thursday afternoon! No no no! Well.... I'll be watching for it on Redbubble, then? *throws money at Patrickspens*

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
zwartepaard wrote:Zombie hand is just coming in for a second awkward moment. Tush squish! *squeeze squeeze* "Phil...was that...you?"

+1 internet for this comment

captainassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainassassin

That was a very long-winded explanation for a t-shirt design. Like I said before, the design should be self-explanatory. This one isn't...

phoenixrage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixrage
Re: Oops

I really want to see this make a push for the top. It's really funny, and putting my bias for all things zombie aside (zoooombiiies! <3), this is a really cool shirt that I'd love to wear.

certari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages certari

GAH *squeee!*

That would sooo be me. Hence why I'm praying that this is one of the prints. =)

captainassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainassassin
Re: Epic Fail

HAH! Clearly the Master Sword has been thru too many games. You can only pull a sword out of a stone so many times before— *tink!*

Hopefully the new Master Sword will be full-tang.

Anyway. I like this design, the overall shape fits on a shirt well. My only nit to pick pertains to focus. Link seems to get lost in the background (mostly in his face), since they are of the same colors. I think if some or all of the background elements were done in halftones, it would help Link to stand out more.

Nice work!

knitkimberknit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knitkimberknit

Awesome design, it's coming home to live with me. Plus, ya gotta support a hometown kid!

johncslee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncslee

I want it!!! I created an account just to vote for this...

r4v5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r4v5
j5 wrote:Srsly. Who puts ketchup on a hotdog?

I thought this was a hot dog snob joke for the first ten seconds or so until I realized that the ketchup was dead.

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
ApeLad wrote:Is it possible to make it a moebius scarf?

Very possible...though it would make it difficult to wrap around one's neck...

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
wardsparadox wrote:Thanks, I guess that's what I get for being new...but it said that they would auto convert everything from gradients to half tones, etc.
Thanks for the tips.

And...
That's ONLY gradients used in Adobe Illustrator. If you create the design in Adobe Photoshop or MS Paint, they have to be in halftones.

Halftones lines/dots can be no smaller than 30 lines per inch @ 300 dpi.

Don't feel bad, you're not the first to not get this. It took me about a month and a half of tutorials to figure it out.

Just chalk it up to experience. Don't worry, there's much more to learn about the quirks of these contests. Start practicing your cute, fluffy animal carttons....

Welcome to the Jungle...
BlindDog3D

Linkwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Linkwin
Re: Epic Fail

If this doesn't place I am going to be pissed off!!!

cherokeewill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherokeewill

I hope you will consider submitting this design elsewhere. I think it was the most deserving artistically and thematically.

They are celebrating artist appreciation month at Ript Apparel.

http://riptapparel.com/artist-faq

I know my daughters and I are in for one a piece if I ever see it come up.

vbn568

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbn568
hbanzapan wrote:Just so you know, as a Doctor Who fan I got the joke right away. GMV.

same with me

wootmonkee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootmonkee

I would make this purchase without a doubt. Print!

Exayevie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exayevie

AH I LURVE IT! Btw, pretty sure this happened in Logopolis :P

chibiragdoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibiragdoll

So upset this didn't get in the top three! Great style, great idea, great Doctor.

For absolutely serious, if you ever get this printed anywhere please tell me D: I will buy seventy billion of them! This had, and will always have, my vote.

Tom Baker forever!

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage

So near and yet so far. I'm really disapointed. Please let me know if it gets printed elsewhere.

aronsohns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aronsohns

Yikes! I want this shirt, but 4th place does not the sale list make.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
chumpmagic wrote:Well it is pretty safe to say that this one won't make it, but thanks again everyone! I am very glad that so many of you enjoyed this design.

I was really hoping I would see Fur Kills for sale. I would have bought more than one!!

This is great work. Please do more like it.

I'm not into the ones with obscure references to video games, movies, etc. I prefer universal appeal and easy identification.

07/11/14