spazzyhilo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzyhilo
Re: Night School

This shirt is amazing, I hope it prints because not only did it get my vote but it's probably going to be my first woot shirt

rowanhansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanhansen
Megatrain wrote:I dunno. While we can all relate to the feeling, I'm sure, in the current climate this isn't likely to be popular. Perhaps if it was more cartooney? (Dinosaurs flying fighter planes attacking the school, per Calvin & Hobbes).

It also looks like a traced photo, which is against derby rules.

It is a traced photo. I missed that in the rules. Sorry about that. I tattled on myself for it.

Gally242

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gally242
DianaSprinkle wrote:
Re: Caterpillar dreams

"Caterpillar Dreams"

Textbooks for school make a great sleeping place. Caterpillar cat is studying to be a beautiful butterfly. Learning through osmosis!

I imagine that soon he will wiggle and fall off the books! Mid fall he will think he is flying but then oh noooo plop to ground.

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
juliaL719 wrote:::shrug:: I do commissioned tattoo art.

If I can't get it right, if I can't get the anatomy at least vaguely accurate, I don't hand it over.

Well, your art is going to be indelibly applied to the customer's skin. If I decide later that I don't like a ramyb design, I can donate it to Goodwill...and if I don't like it now, I don't have to vote for it. Different mechanisms.

juliaL719 wrote:I'm an English teacher, and if I get an essay the day it's due, but there's a ton of things that are really bothering me, I give it back to the student, ungraded, and give them another day, with a small lateness penalty. Losing 3 points off what could be an A essay is a lot better than getting the B and shrugging and saying "well, at least it was in on time."

Thus teaching the student that they can half-ass it the day before it's due and get an extension, instead of emphasizing that work should be both high-quality AND on-time, which is a skill they'll need after they leave your classroom and enter the working world.

kittybongo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittybongo
DianaSprinkle wrote:"Caterpillar Dreams"

Textbooks for school make a great sleeping place. Caterpillar cat is studying to be a beautiful butterfly. Learning through osmosis!

It would be learning through diffusion actually, since osmosis is specifically the diffusion of water, but a very cute design none the less!

aidmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aidmm
nderouch wrote:I like it. But it should have like 4 lines of that text.

I started off doing just that... but, I felt it needed to be hand written so all the lines didn't look exactly the same. And, I didn't want to put the extra effort in to it when it was going to get rejected, anyway.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
maddybagel wrote:Eep! Oops! I didn't read that in the derby.. it's my first time applying so I had an idea and went for it. >_< Oh well, at least I can put the picture on my portfolio.

I've only a few tries myself. It's harder than it seems. I like this though- maybe it will be relevant to another derby someday.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
alephnull2k1 wrote:Thus teaching the student that they can half-ass it the day before it's due and get an extension, instead of emphasizing that work should be both high-quality AND on-time, which is a skill they'll need after they leave your classroom and enter the working world.

Not exactly. They only get that option once.

And I have to see all the drafts, comment on them, and note significant progress. If it isn't there, my gift does not apply.

jsdev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsdev
aidmm wrote:I know I'll get booted for text only... but, it's a strong school-days memory for me.

Would not have been much effort to have drawn an eraser below sitting on an edge. I guess you didn't want to disrupt the voting =).

squishymonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squishymonkey

ZOMG!!!!! So cute...I want it now.

nickingrao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickingrao

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

capitalsown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capitalsown
ramyb wrote:It's amazing how I managed to do that considering my total inactivity on the site in the past year and a half and the fact that I have never even mentioned woot there even once. Good work Nancy Drew.

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed the shirt and voted

Well, first of all, I don't really get your patronizing tone considering I didn't even say anything negative, I just was trying to explain why it seems why your shirts always fog despite the backlash in the comments. Second of all, you're not exactly hard to find, nor was your Deviant Art following small, so I don't know why you think you HAD to mention Woot for people from Deviant Art to get here.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

this is amazing! +1

erina7262

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erina7262
ramyb wrote: Penis hat? really?

I never said it was a penis hat. I said it looked too penisy from a distance. Big difference.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Room for one more.

I just noticed this one now! So great. Needs moar votes!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

bairdmandust wrote:Sorry, but with the limited 6 color palette, I wasn't left with anything to color the people with after the robot so I left them blank.

If you must know, the kid getting on the bus is from Ecuador and the girl with the pig-tails parents are from Ukraine. The bald kid is from Nigeria,the girl with black hair is a quarter Cherokee, and the short haired kid's mom is Korean. The Spiky haired kid is adopted from the Philippines and the driver, well, he's from Portland.

Hopefully that clears up the confusion.

oooo Portland, Maine or the "other" Portland?

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique

I just left an apple out for the possum that comes by at night. I love the night creatures.
+1!

nevercanwin99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nevercanwin99
adanadan wrote:Electric Company. Thanks!

pro fes sors

br ains

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Reflections (hooked) on Learning

Not sure why this only has 16 votes; please don't be discouraged. This is a great design and very wearable.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Protractor

Great idea!

qetza

qetza

qetza

Re: The Aviator

Awesome idea and illustration!

aidmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aidmm
jsdev wrote:Would not have been much effort to have drawn an eraser below sitting on an edge. I guess you didn't want to disrupt the voting =).

Yeah.... disrupt the voting.... that's it.

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
rowanhansen wrote:You can download a lot of free brushes online. There are also a lot of tips in the community here. I am new here but have found a lot of valuable info by just typing questions into the search. tgentry has written a great article for new designers.

You can easily turn those gradient edges from the brush into half tone. I highly suggest using google or youtube to find some tuts for photoshop, some are better than others so be prepared to do some searching. SmashingMag is another great resource for tuts.

Even in old versions of photoshop you should be able to mess with your brush settings to get a hard edge if that is what you want. You should also google gradients they are not used in the final designs here but are a step used along the way.

Cool! Thanks for all the info!

shaggster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaggster

i don't get it!

sjaeger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjaeger

As usual...Genius!

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
Re: On the Way to School

This is adorable - but I don't "get it". Perhaps there's an in-joke I'm missing? If it hadn't been for the title of the shirt, I wouldn't have known this had anything to do with school. Help?

washroombolshevik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages washroombolshevik
svelbjorn wrote:The hockey team from Zack and Miri was the Monroeville Zombies.

Also, Monroeville is a city just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Virtually all of George A. Romero's movies were filmed or at least set in the area immediately surrounding Pittsburgh where he attended college. Including such films as the now legendary Night of the Living Dead (shot in Evans City), Dawn of the Dead (Monroeville Mall), And Land of the Dead (Set in Pittsburgh with scenes shot in Pittsburgh, Monroeville, and Evans City). This is the origination of the "Monroeville Zombies" T-shirt in Zack and Miri, as that film was also set in Monroeville, as a tip of the hat to Romero and his career works.

THAT being said, this is a brilliant shirt and I love the simple design of it! I'd definitely want one! Not only because I'm a huge fan of both George A. Romero and "Zack and Miri", but I also happen to live about 30 minutes outside of Monroeville. Get it printed! =)

I'm not mad. Hell has merely altered my sense of humor.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
Re: The Lamb Was Sure To Go

My almost-2yo's lovey-animal is a sheep. We sing this song to her every night... if this doesn't make the fog, I hope to see it on RedBubble in time for her birthday in September (hint hint!) GMV!

arek920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arek920

anyone else notice the arms are not the same length?

i cant stop seein that and its really awkward

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: First day of class for all

This is fantastic! So much cute detial, but it's not overloaded. I love all of their expressions. I can't believe this doesn't have more votes!

tripperfunster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tripperfunster
ochopika wrote:those are exactly like my doodles, too! Did you take your actual notes and just scan them in?

Neat idear +1

Ha! Oh god, it has been SO many years since I was in school! I made these just for this derby.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Packed for School

This needs to be on a shirt template or it will be rejected.

XshadowraithX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XshadowraithX
Re: Substitute Teacher

I think the table shouldve been sliced in half like if he fumbled with his lightsaber as it came out. or to the apple. =)

FMstatic100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FMstatic100

QMZN, you are so random. :P

FMstatic100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FMstatic100

QMZN, you are so random. :P

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake

Oh God, I want this so much. The cuteness, the coloring, the neon green on black...it's like awesomeness exploded on a shirt. Too bad it was submitted late

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
Re: On the Way to School

This is just amazing. I mean, the characters, the expressions, the details... it's just all very clean and polished. And the shirt color is perfect. It comes together very well.

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

my kind of class

Vote: