flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
aerinsol wrote:This is adorable! What a great concept and I love the attention to detail. I love this and would buy it in a heartbeat.

QFT

Petergistics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Petergistics
Re: Read The Whole Book!

Maybe a little too late, but I wish the title of the shirt was actually on it in print. This shirt is great.

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
Re: The Revenge of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern

holy crap...amazing work man.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Poet's Weapons

sasham62 wrote:I agree that this is clearly inspired by Shakespeare, which seems to me to be the theme. And by going with "inspired by Shakespeare" rather than another based-on-a-quote shirt, you've transcended the theme and the derby to a shirt that can be a lot more wearable.

If this doesn't print for this derby and you refine it before submitting it elsewhere, can I make a suggestion?
Remove the checkerboard. Just my opinion -- okay, and some other people's -- but while I understand that the writing tools by themselves are plain, I think this distracts from them.
Instead, put them in a display case or carrying case. They are, after all, the tools of the trade. Set them as such. My opinion, fwiw.

Thanks for the suggestion. A display case or carrying case would make it to concrete and realistic. Color-wise and style-wise I'm trying to be much more symbolic than that.

megsck wrote:hope this makes it to the fog, or at the very least gets an hm. if you do take it somewhere else let me know, but please, please, please dont change a thing on it! (i <3 the squares) =D

februarystar27 wrote:I also love the squares. I hope this gets an HM or printed elsewhere. I'd definitely buy one.

Thanks! Don't worry, I'm bought in to the squares -- I worked this for several hours without squares and the squares added that extra oomph. They're not going anywhere. Hopefully an HM will give this another chance!

dalamite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalamite
lovinlife1 wrote:This shows some nice talent. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for your kind comment. You're one who makes these derbies fun.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Shakespeare A-Z

Thanks everyone for voting!

aprilfrogs1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprilfrogs1
jb2colorado wrote:Really great design. I like how you made the characters from his works seem like chess pieces. I know it's more of a domino theme, but I'm talking more about how it appears excluding the apparent motion of Shakespeare. Very very cool. GMV!

Thanks so much! I hadn't even realized they looked like chess pieces but now that you point it out it seems obvious;-)

chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy
tjost wrote:Finally got this done. I wanted to have it up Friday but I had a clients project take WAYYYY more time then I wanted it to, maybe I'll post it later so you guys can see the type of shirt art I do outside of Woot Enjoi!

Nice but a bit close to Lady MacBeth Hand Soap from Mental Floss:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/store/product.php?productid=16205

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
chiieddy wrote:Nice but a bit close to Lady MacBeth Hand Soap from Mental Floss:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/store/product.php?productid=16205

I'd say again similar especially since were pulling from the same source material but execution is way different. I'm also using the quote not Lady Macbeths name and likeness. I was going for more a parody of Mr Clean or the Brawny guy as well with the buff bard. I think that Jadens design actually more closely resembles that one since they both use the same character. Also hand soap and stain removers are usually different products, unless you like washing your hands with harsh abrassive chemicals that have skin contact warnings on them

lovinlife1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovinlife1
dalamite wrote:Thank you for your kind comment. You're one who makes these derbies fun.

Glad you are having fun!

ravenhaired

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravenhaired
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=43364]Hamlet

The more I see this shirt, the more and more crushed I am that it's not fogged. I adore this. Props from me at least.

Foxnight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foxnight
Re: Tourist Attraction

Honestly, I would take the crow and the heart, enlarge them, and submit it to another Derby.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: The Poet's Weapons

Should have given this a best loser though I can see why you didn't nominate yourself.

emilyvidal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilyvidal
stupididiot wrote:I didn't think the face on the cherry really added much. It was cute, but I thought some people would prefer it without. If it prints, you can mail me your shirt and I'll draw one on just for you.

As for placement, I'm open to it being placed anywhere on the shirt, I just preferred the low placement as it is a long/tall design.

I love the placement! Designs usually end up being distorted by my chest, so it's perfect for avoiding that. You got my vote.

ALGard86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ALGard86

Totally wanted to buy this shirt! Damned cutesey shirts always get into fog... here's looking at you "King of Infinite Space"

GTAcrimelord

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GTAcrimelord

Wow, my jaw dropped when I saw this, and I'm not even a Shakespeare aficionado. Bravo sir, and good luck to you tomorrow.

Day of Glory: 1/31/07 3:22pm cst
Random Brick of Carbonite (x3)

Cauchmar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cauchmar
Re: The Revenge of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern

Pfft - killed by pirates my foot!

Cauchmar

Re: Know your Bard. Act III (re-resub)

Where were you when I was in AP Literature?!

Cauchmar

Re: Lord Macbeth

E.P.I.C.

theredscot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theredscot

Cliffs, my old nemesis...

Awesome shirt.

azynfob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azynfob
Re: Our Bodies Are Our Gardens

this is totally late but wow, i thought as an admirer of shakespeare i'd recognize most of the quotes listed but this one is one i've never heard. love the quote, love the shirt, hope you win!

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
Re: Midsummer Mischief

I would've bought this one for sure.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
Re: Midsummer Night's Nightmare

I can't help but think he looks a bit like that character... Booger? from Tank Girl.

sheerpoetry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheerpoetry
Re: Exit: Pursued By Bear.

I know this shirt's been done before, but this is seriously the best I've seen! I wish you had made it through the rounds! (And that there was a link to detail--this would make a fantastic background!)

Great work!

bitman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages bitman

Might be too late for this, but I think it's too subtle. You need to remove all the tail feathers from the one chicken.

viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike

leftshoemuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leftshoemuse
sheerpoetry wrote:I know this shirt's been done before, but this is seriously the best I've seen! I wish you had made it through the rounds! (And that there was a link to detail--this would make a fantastic background!)

Great work!

Hey, thanks. I had no idea that this shirt had been done before (link?) I just finished doing "A Winter's Tale" for my costume and make-up final, so the idea was there. A link to a better quality photo is here: (even in the picture isn't yet, I'm at the wrong computer)

thechaosmuse.deviantart.com

leftshoemuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leftshoemuse
Spiritgreen wrote:I like your drawing style, leftshoemuse. ^__^

A couple of tips that might help next time: you can only use six colors and they have to be completely solid (no soft fading or gradients). Also it's important to google around and make sure a similar shirt doesn't exist. Many a good idea has been rejected because someone else did it already.

Hope you'll bring some more fun designs to future derbies!

Hey, thanks for the tips! I kind of flew into this one blind. I honestly had no idea that this had been done before (I googled it after you posted. Stick figures, really?) but the quote was kind of fresh in my mind. And I liked to idea of shakespeare running away from the bear. I'll keep all of those tips in mind for the next one. I wish there was a better place to look up tips. Any more would help!

forrman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages forrman
Re: Our Bodies Are Our Gardens

This is fantastic - perfect for my Shakespeare loving, gardener wife.

ephiny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephiny

Jasneko -

I've been buying shirts here for a few years now but have never been compelled to say just how much I LOVE a shirt design. This one is an absolute stunner, quote or no. I would happily buy several if they become available.

By the way, I should mention that I've also owned lovely domestic pet rats for ages now so I am a wee bit prejudiced towards anything rodent-themed. They get a bad rap but are wonderful, loving critters. Just sayin'.

Thanks from me (and my girls: Holly, Ivy, and Frost). <:3 )~~~ <:3 )~~~ <:3 )~~~

atheneblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atheneblue
Re: Thou hath been insulted

Thou HAST been insulted...

Scrago11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scrago11
Re: Exit: Pursued By Bear.

http://www.brandish.tv/2007/01/shakespeare_exi.html

First link when google'd. Try again.

krydziel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krydziel

Saw this and literally knocked over my chair in my haste to grab my credit card. Can't wait to wear it! (Ophelia is my favorite.)

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
aroberts42 wrote:I still love these shirts, and they are much better than the Scottish Ballet. If you put them up on mysoti or a similar site, let me know, my husband and I each want a set!

Well, thanks very much! I'm playing around with Red Bubble and MySoti to see which one offers a better product. I will certainly put these up with some of my other designs once the 60 day woot waiting period is over.

headfone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages headfone
megsck wrote:hope this makes it to the fog, or at the very least gets an hm. if you do take it somewhere else let me know, but please, please, please dont change a thing on it! (i <3 the squares) =D

Yeah, I would absolutely buy this shirt.
Please notify me if it becomes available!
(Wow, lots of big words there.)

Usedtabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Usedtabe

If this doesn't get printed tomorrow I give up on shirt.woot

Usedtabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Usedtabe
Re: Perchance to Dream

If this doesn't print tomorrow, I'm done with shirt.woot

foreverjuliet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foreverjuliet

I'm a Shakespeare actress/nut. This is BRILLIANT!

michelle32720

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michelle32720
jduncan77 wrote:I definitely want one, I'm going to tell everyone it's the only thing that *really* removes all the blood. ;-)

Ooooh. Me too!!! Must have shirt!!

mcfad3kern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcfad3kern

If this shirt doesn't print tonight, you will have been robbed.

The other designs aren't "bad" really... just poorly researched and both reference things incorrectly. I think that fact checking and research are an important part of design. While your design may not need as much background work, they choose each topic themselves and also choose to be lazy and not get the specifics correct.

Regardless, thank you for a great design. Will you try to have it printed in another forum? I am unfamiliar with the rules of this. I think this would make an awesome MUG as well as a shirt.

Thanks and thanks and ever thanks for your great work.