w1111ams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w1111ams
cdrewlow wrote:The worst thing that will happen is that it might get rejected. Unfortunately, the derby closed at noon, so it's too late to resubmit it.

Thanks!

missredass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages missredass
Re: 1988

Sigh. I knew it was just a matter of time, but I couldn't resist the opportunity!

Thanks and Gig'em.

kadenian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadenian
Dudicon wrote:I like the concept, though I would've preferred a gun instead of the mega buster, as in the box art. I also could have done without the year on the shirt.

I considered to put the gun, but I thought that, if I did that, nobody (even less people) would understand the idea of the shirt.

:/

Thanks for all the feedback! it's very important to me.

tracyt1800

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tracyt1800
lyonscc wrote:Thanks! There's always a chance it could receive an Honorable Mention, and make it to the next Derby of HM's. If not, I may try to submit it at another site.

Cool. That would be good. I just hope it wins here.

mommyleah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mommyleah
stradijeri wrote:I was wondering if this would get rejected. It's a beautiful design, but Apple has one hell of a team of lawyers. One company got sued because apparently Apple owns Steve Jobs' likeness.
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-01-05/tech/30592070_1_action-figure-apple-claims-copyright-protection

Next stop, apples marketing team. Make them sell these shirts. To awesome a design to not be printed and sold somewhere!

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002
Re: 1971-Floppy Diskette

idk; cardboard enclosure? they were made in plastic envelopes...

I just keep buying more and more crap...

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy
Re: 1986: An ASCII Odyessy

We must print this, dave

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Re: 1988: Museum of Motion Images

Very impressive and sits well on the t-shirt as well. Awesome bells :o)

tstack64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tstack64
sodalite wrote:this is totally appropriate for 1990. as in the derby opening: "Find out what was going on in the world". the simpsons were an explosion in 1990, so this is right were it should be, imo. it's a really cool shirt, and it's surprising there are not more votes. it's great how it reflects a styling of the time and implies the picture.

Thank you sodalite

treethrower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treethrower
Re: 1984

Okay...now why was it rejected this time? This is killing me.

skz1201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skz1201
dfunk29 wrote:Yes! Awesome! I must have this shirt!! Love it!!!! Fave movie ever!!! Even love the commercial, please print!!

Thanks all!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
blanked wrote:I am currently wearing a woot shirt (forbidden future) with those inverse halftones.

That may be so, but that art is not using halftones as extensively as this piece with finer halftones due to lots of soft fades. These types of halftones are not what you want to print, they cause all types of problems on press with trying to align the base to the top layer of ink. Can you take a picture of the halftones on your shirt so I can see them? The detail shot woot had doesn't show them too well. Thanks

schroddie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroddie
axphw1 wrote:I saw that when I read up on Tetris on Wikipedia. That's awesome!

:D

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
petrosrex wrote:I did base the design off this picture:

Actually, I used this picture

I does have a certain southern fried aspect to it.

Thanks! I'm glad I wasn't just seeing things!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
treethrower wrote:Okay...now why was it rejected this time? This is killing me.

Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say its because you used a trademarked name and copied a copyrighted logo directly from the movie with no alteration and no parody but that's just me

treethrower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treethrower
tjost wrote:Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say its because you used a trademarked name and copied a copyrighted logo directly from the movie with no alteration and no parody but that's just me

Okay. If that was it, then it's fine. I'm just not sure.

dreadric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadric
Re: 1976

Any Canadian needs to up vote this since it has the Toronto Space Needle in it come on now!

virens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virens
dreadric wrote:Any Canadian needs to up vote this since it has the Toronto Space Needle in it come on now!

Is that what it is called? The Toronto Space Needle?

mogli75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mogli75
Re: 1974: It's Alive!

This is fantastic!

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
tjost wrote:That may be so, but that art is not using halftones as extensively as this piece with finer halftones due to lots of soft fades. These types of halftones are not what you want to print, they cause all types of problems on press with trying to align the base to the top layer of ink. Can you take a picture of the halftones on your shirt so I can see them? The detail shot woot had doesn't show them too well. Thanks

That's using Photoshop, I'm assuming right? Any other programs you'd recommend, or is that pretty much the gold standard?

werewolfskippy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werewolfskippy
tjost wrote:Ok here's a little example I threw together to illustrate what I mean by inverse halftones. Let me know if you have questions.

Thank you for the explanation. Also, the ramyb tutorial j5 posted was extremely helpful. This will definitely help me with designing halftones in the future, thanks so much!

I had done inverse halftones on one layer for my previous print, Underwater Forest, and it seemed ok.. In general I use the method of converting the layer to bitmap/halftone screen because there is a lot more room for control.

Again, thanks for all the feedback everyone!! And thanks tjost for explaining halftoning for print. I definitely understand it a lot better now.

kalastaa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kalastaa

I love the evolution aspect of this! Good luck!

kalastaa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kalastaa

love it! I hope this wins!

zoobawa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoobawa
Re: 1986: An ASCII Odyessy

I'm very saddened by this shirt not getting top 3.

maybe I should start voting for every shirt I don't want to buy. Because the last 10 or so shirts I've wanted to buy have all either just missed the fog or been in the fog but not top 3.

When did the Woot Community get jacked by people who like terrible shirts?

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Re: 1972: Eggspecting

This would be a great way to subtly announce an impending paternity.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
odysseyroc wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a truck that makes Al Pastor on a vertical spit. No spit, no Al Pastor. Damn, now I want some proper Al Pastor.

Maybe, to accomodate spits, the trucks need pitched roofs.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Broken pieces of a barely breathing story; where there once was love now there's only me and the lonely.

thatrobert

Re: 1969 One small step for man

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Broken pieces of a barely breathing story; where there once was love now there's only me and the lonely.

thatrobert

Re: 1973 The Future is Now

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: 1982 v2

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: 1960

• This is not SPAM.

w1111ams

Very cool design!! Love the art style!!

mysticgirl824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysticgirl824
Re: Knighteen82

KITT!!!! I see no other shirt that is great than this one in the derby. Absolutely. Love. KITT. Great job, I like it a lot! I really hope it wins >.<

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
wootvan wrote:Maybe, to accomodate spits, the trucks need pitched roofs.

All of this taco truck talk is making me homesick. First place I'm hitting when I go visit "home" in a month or two, is El Antojito, in Gardena.

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

looks great; too bad about the color choice

w1111ams

cdrewlow wrote:The worst thing that will happen is that it might get rejected. Unfortunately, the derby closed at noon, so it's too late to resubmit it.

Not rejected!! Keeping my fingers crossed:p

w1111ams

Re: 1982 v2

Like this art very much! Cool Style:0

w1111ams

Re: 1966 Beetle Revolver

Phew!! I believe I'm safe~~ * Gradients & Halftones
o Photoshop users, make certain that your halftones are 30 LPI or larger for a full-size design at 300 DPI.
o Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end.
o Each dot that makes up your halftone must be one solid color.

PEACE OUT

murfburf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murfburf
Re: 1983

i like it id own this

murfburf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murfburf

i like it but it be better a a blue or black shift