phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl
tjschaeffer wrote:Not to be a stickler, but shouldn't it say "Le fromage" (or is it la? I can't remember genders)? Mmmm....cheese....

Yes, it should say, "Le fromage est français pour awesome". I think it's a great idea, but if the "le" was in the wrong spot, I wouldn't vote for it/buy it. I'd also want to see the correct ç.

tdyans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdyans
inkycatz wrote:If I see a face in my butter I know I should throw it out.

Or sell it on ebay.

generichuman2794

quality posts: 0 Private Messages generichuman2794

I think this might be the first derby I enter. Been a lurker up until now.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
jessisima wrote:

So, I know that cream is not a favorite around here, so what do people think of this image on silver?

The image gets lost on silver, definitely looks better on creme. I actually liked the "outside the lines" coloring style of your rough draft incidentally, but this looks good, too.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
bounty42 wrote:So what we need to limit is either Artistic Prints, or complaints over the content of Derbies.

Those may have been the fogged entries/winners, but I for one am glad for the current exclusions. We've seen a ton of Star Wars, Dr. Who, and Mario entries in the past several weeks (when rules didn't prevent them).

As much as I love cats, I do think we need a "no cats" derby soon for some balance.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle

why can I not see the red x to remove my entry?

"taste the beast"

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
citizencoyote wrote:Those may have been the fogged entries/winners, but I for one am glad for the current exclusions. We've seen a ton of Star Wars, Dr. Who, and Mario entries in the past several weeks (when rules didn't prevent them).

As much as I love cats, I do think we need a "no cats" derby soon for some balance.

If DERBY cats were a problem, I'd agree. I'm not capping DERBY cats because WOOT desided to do a Side sale cat. Next week when the derby comes around, there won't be nearly so many cats.

I do agree though that we're about at Saturation Point for Whovians and sith-JE-dis. Marios, now I could do with a good Mario Design, but I don't need 1000 Mushroom shirts and 200 Yoshi eats an 'X' shirts.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

Hey yall! Its been a while since i've been posting images, but since I had this idea a couple weeks ago, and it fit the theme, i figured I'd toss my hat in the ring and watch it sink like a stone

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle

So Im having more fun drawing number 1, rather than 3, so I've decided to go with that.

This is looking like my final version now, better and more tidily drawn with a slightly different style of art.

What do you think?

amirea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amirea

Although I completely agree that there's way too many Dr. Who shirts out there... I would've totally loved a fish fingers and custard shirt. haha!

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
citizencoyote wrote:The image gets lost on silver, definitely looks better on creme. I actually liked the "outside the lines" coloring style of your rough draft incidentally, but this looks good, too.

I agree with your comment about the silver - it got washed out or something. SO I went with cream. I also think that there was something kind of charming about the outside the lines as well, but in the end I decided to make it cleaner. We will see whether I made the right choice I guess :P

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

On topic-ness seems questionable for many entries this week.

Sigh. I really hope I actually have time to finish this week's submission.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

Thank you again to all who helped with suggestions on my Donner Party designs!!!

nepperso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nepperso

thank god "no doctor who"
i'm getting tired of seeing all the designs being doctor who.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
bounty42 wrote:So what we need to limit is either Artistic Prints, or complaints over the content of Derbies.

IMHO, I like the no mario, no star wars, and no dr. who rules. Why? Well, the derbies get dominated with what feels like a million entries with these 3 topics. There are some pretty amazing artists on this site that I would like to see something other than those. With excluding those topics, it will allow the artists to explore other options for the derby, which I think is great.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis

Hey! What happened to the Las Vegas Zombieeeee??!!!

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

What about the top 3 (the ones that actually won)?

chaoswerecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoswerecat

I know the derby has already started.... but could someone do a design about the tim tam slam?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

So I had this idea. Is it recognizable/funny/wearable/necessary? Should I bother finishing it or what?

swantner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swantner

Can we reject all these & start over please?

loulousq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loulousq

ha tons of cannibalism in this weeks posts :D

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

WHAT ???!!! No cookies and milk ???? No hot fresh bread with melted butter ???? Am I the only one ??

sweetaddietude

everyanynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everyanynot

URGENT HELP REQUESTED

whenever I try to resize the images down to the dimensions it says for the files the images get all fuzzy looking.

what's the problem and how can i fix this? thanks

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
smatzke wrote:IMHO, I like the no mario, no star wars, and no dr. who rules. Why? Well, the derbies get dominated with what feels like a million entries with these 3 topics. There are some pretty amazing artists on this site that I would like to see something other than those. With excluding those topics, it will allow the artists to explore other options for the derby, which I think is great.

Ummm. That artist are ALWAYS free to explore other options. Many choose not to because they want to cash in on the recognition factor of popular themes.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bounty42

Mavyn wrote:Ummm. That artist are ALWAYS free to explore other options. Many choose not to because they want to cash in on the recognition factor of popular themes.

QFT. I don't think restrictions 'allow' artists to take other paths, it forces them down them, willing or no.

I also think the recognition factor runs both ways. With the exception of the blanket Text or blanket pop culture Ban I don't think there's ever been a 'banned item' that accounted for more than 5% of ANY derby EVER.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Shirter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
bounty42 wrote:QFT. I don't think restrictions 'allow' artists to take other paths, it forces them down them, willing or no.

I also think the recognition factor runs both ways. With the exception of the blanket Text or blanket pop culture Ban I don't think there's ever been a 'banned item' that accounted for more than 5% of ANY derby EVER.

You have to remember too, Shirt.Woot isn't running the Derbies out of the generosity of thier hearts.. they have a business to run, and are counting on 3 shirts a week (weekend shirts at that) to come from the derby. Not everyone purchasing the shirt cares about the derby or voting in it, and if they have a run of one meme over and over again, they are going to lose customer base.

Woot needs to keep it fresh!

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

bounty42

Shirter wrote:You have to remember too, Shirt.Woot isn't running the Derbies out of the generosity of thier hearts.. they have a business to run, and are counting on 3 shirts a week (weekend shirts at that) to come from the derby. Not everyone purchasing the shirt cares about the derby or voting in it, and if they have a run of one meme over and over again, they are going to lose customer base.

Woot needs to keep it fresh!

By which you mean they're running the Star Wars, Doctor Who and Monty Python shirts as Dailies.

bounty42

So here it is, as BIG as Photobucket will let me make it. A single 4:3 image of every Derby Entry this derby!

EDIT: or not. Yeah Local image cacheing!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/Bounty42/259.jpg