oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
absternr wrote:I have no idea if this works with the theme, but I love it.

My thoughts as well... Its probably my favorite shirt I have seen with this quote... BUT>..

If Dr Who is banned is a shirt of a parody of Dr who banned? Is that too meta?

meltedpopsicles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meltedpopsicles
orabbit wrote:Don't forget that Paul was out of step with the others.

Good catch. I'll fix that ^_^

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
odysseyroc wrote:I think I'm subbing this one.

One thought - have you tried Gill Sans instead of Helvetica? Gill Sans is the quintessential British typeface.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

Zounds! A Shakespeare Brawl....

The Bard's greatest antagonist vs. his greatest protagonist. An english teacher's dream. 6 colors on black...... or should I try navy?

clickey for full size.

Riverwych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riverwych

Clotted Cream. 70% fat never tasted so GOOD.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
cfdunbar wrote:Zounds! A Shakespeare Brawl....

The Bard's greatest antagonist vs. his greatest protagonist. An english teacher's dream. 6 colors on black...... or should I try navy?

clickey for full size.

I'd go navy...

This is amazing!

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
walmazan wrote:working on it

That is awesome! I'm a walmazan fan (my boys fave shirt is still the pinata design! ) also a fan of the show, so this is win win! can't wait to see it!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
aramillio wrote:

Which color do you all like better?

This is my first time submitting a design for critique like this

Black. No contest.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
aramillio wrote:shirts were here

Might want to get a new template. Heather gray is no longer available and there were additional colors added.

move along

mojophilter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mojophilter
lyonscc wrote:So yes, I have a Stay Calm design, along with another one that's a little more involved.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but technically, Dylan Thomas was Welsh, not English - Not that he was militant in his welshiness.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
curli76 wrote:Black. No contest.

Agreed - it stands out the most.

I'm just hanging out, really.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
aramillio wrote:

The only problem with black is that the dog's dark blue legs get lost.

gopherjen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gopherjen
aramillio wrote:

I want the black one!

j5

odysseyroc wrote:I think I'm subbing this one.

Brill!
bit of this, though:

move along

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

The dev guys are looking into the comment situation. And since I'm here, you may have noticed the addition of this week's guest editor:

And in honor of our favorite constitutional monarchy, we've decided this week's Guest Editor, of superior breeding and nobility, shall be Spiritgreen!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
j5 wrote:In B4 120 incarnations of "Keep Calm and Carry On"

It looks like "Random Tea Reference" is outpacing "Be Calm and ..." by 3 to 1!

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

j5

bounty42 wrote:It looks like "Random Tea Reference" is outpacing "Be Calm and ..." by 3 to 1!

Keep Calm and pass the tea service FTW.

move along

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
tgentry wrote:The dev guys are looking into the comment situation. And since I'm here, you may have noticed the addition of this week's guest editor:

Good luck, artists. Tally ho!

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus

Bah, if only I ever learned to draw. I've had an idea for ages I've wanted to do that would've been perfect for this derby!

andystans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andystans
aramillio wrote:

Hey, this is awesome, but that's the Union Jack which is the British flag, not the St George's Cross, which is the England flag. Seems most others have got this wrong too. Great design though, and looks perfect without any text, nice job!

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

It might be too late for this, but if someone felt like doing some sort of Sconehenge designs, I would vote for every single one of them. And if they won, I would buy so, so many.

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
cfdunbar wrote:Zounds! A Shakespeare Brawl....

clickey for full size.

Iago isn't motiveless.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

I am now on some kind of "holidays" but I'll make something, though it's gonna be a bit late

Did they add the guest editor information later? I hadn't seen it!! Congrats Spiritgreen!! :D

northernregius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages northernregius

God save the .... yeah & all that rot. But seriously!! The Rabbit t-shirt that has already been in the Reckoning... a nod to the Month Python in all of us, please return it the land of "I can buy it" aka the Reckoning- pretty please!!! need a few for a themed cruise... never should have delayed purchase. BTW- Monty Python & Dr. Who... no one can resist!

pure5152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pure5152

I'm really surprised by the lack of sherlock shirts

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee
ChronoSquall14 wrote:I am also hoping someone has got something Neverwhere-themed.

That would be a nice addition to all the Hitchhiker's references. I think the derbies need to do absolutely no pop culture more often.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

I'm really surprised that there are a half dozen Abbey Road shirts and that's it for British music. No Rolling Stones? No Who? No David Bowie, Queen, Sex pistols, Culture Club, Depeche Mode, or Oasis? Not even the Spice Girls? ...sigh...

j5

cdrewlow wrote:I'm really surprised that there are a half dozen Abbey Road shirts and that's it for British music. No Rolling Stones? No Who? No David Bowie, Queen, Sex pistols, Culture Club, Depeche Mode, or Oasis? Not even the Spice Girls? ...sigh...

Or the Clash, geez.

wait....

move along

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
j5 wrote:Or the Clash, geez.

wait....

Exactly! Someone should do a good "Rock the Casbah" shirt.

j5

bounty42 wrote:It looks like "Random Tea Reference" is outpacing "Be Calm and ..." by 3 to 1!

move along

dikaia15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dikaia15

I'm pretty surprised there aren't any Peter Pan/Neverland themed shirts

dealtadawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dealtadawn

My first post in the forums. I haven't seen one Young Ones referenced t-shirt for the England contest. Tsk Tsk.

"Answer the phone, Neal!"

Cheers,
dd

j5

dealtadawn wrote:My first post in the forums. I haven't seen one Young Ones referenced t-shirt for the England contest. Tsk Tsk.

"Answer the phone, Neal!"

Cheers,
dd

I didn't see anything referencing "The Goodies" either.

move along

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
cdrewlow wrote:I'm really surprised that there are a half dozen Abbey Road shirts and that's it for British music. No Rolling Stones? No Who? No David Bowie, Queen, Sex pistols, Culture Club, Depeche Mode, or Oasis? Not even the Spice Girls? ...sigh...

Never mind the Woot-offs.

KizulEmeraldfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KizulEmeraldfire

I have another general question regarding the Derbies themselves: when you submit the print-ready art, do you include a layer that has the same color as the shirt that the design will be printed on, or is it required to be just the six (or fewer) spot-color layers?

kaollasu78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaollasu78

Needs more Shakespeare, Bond, Beatles, Avengers....this topic has so many possibilities!!! Wish I could design something lol!

j5

KizulEmeraldfire wrote:I have another general question regarding the Derbies themselves: when you submit the print-ready art, do you include a layer that has the same color as the shirt that the design will be printed on, or is it required to be just the six (or fewer) spot-color layers?

Easier to include it, as you don't have to make a special file without it. Since it's on a layer they can ignore it at will.

move along

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

what time are winners announces?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
tomspc wrote:what time are winners announces?

you find out when each print goes on sale. the "first place" goes on sale at midnight central time tonite. "second place" the next midnight (friday nite), "third" the following midnight (saturday nite).

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
no1 wrote:you find out when each print goes on sale. the "first place" goes on sale at midnight central time tonite. "second place" the next midnight (friday nite), "third" the following midnight (saturday nite).

excepting 'second place' is really 'staff favorite' and 'third place' is really 'guest editor favorite' and niether of those has to come from teh top 9, so those 9 aren't really the only contenders anymore....

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."