oakenspirit

quality posts: 73 Private Messages oakenspirit
jasneko wrote:Thanks oaks and mavy

NP- also... forgot to add- super cute. Whats it say? ;)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
oakenspirit wrote:NP- also... forgot to add- super cute. Whats it say? ;)

Thanks!:D Haha I did wonder - do they know japanese? hehe.
Here, I'll give you the romaji to find it... (sometimes the fun is in the discovery!):
Sumeba miyako

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Did people forget that some things just can't be used, no matter what the rules are?

So many ripped characters.! :/

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

oakenspirit

AIGHT Debs... lets do this!

SHOTS! (Im actually downing beer- currently no liquor (so sad))
Random Draw:
I GOT:
ABSTRACT
BIRD
TECH
SLOGAN

(which is wild because a friend told me yesterday on my facebook page I should do something more abstract AND to do a design based on a robot bird I like to draw)

Seems tooooo convenient... Should I reroll?

/SHOTS

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
oakenspirit wrote:AIGHT Debs... lets do this!

SHOTS! (Im actually downing beer- currently no liquor (so sad))
Random Draw:
I GOT:
ABSTRACT
BIRD
TECH
SLOGAN

(which is wild because a friend told me yesterday on my facebook page I should do something more abstract AND to do a design based on a robot bird I like to draw)

Seems tooooo convenient... Should I reroll?

/SHOTS

Reroll.... if we were doing shots I'd say stay ! I am having a beer, or two, also.... It is friday ! I do have crown for later..... whoo ! I can send you one.

oakenspirit

deborah11565 wrote:Reroll.... if we were doing shots I'd say stay ! I am having a beer, or two, also.... It is friday ! I do have crown for later..... whoo ! I can send you one.

/DOWNS ANOTHER...

Animals...
Music...
Oddball...
Retro...

This will be interesting!

/grabsapencil

deborah11565

oakenspirit wrote:/DOWNS ANOTHER...

Animals...
Music...
Oddball...
Retro...

This will be interesting!

/grabsapencil

Much better ! Beer is good, can't shoot it though. Probably a good thing.

deborah11565

deborah11565 wrote:Much better ! Beer is good, can't shoot it though. Probably a good thing.

Drinking does make this derby better.... lol ! No seriously... I love the amount of submissions there were, early !

enaych

quality posts: 4 Private Messages enaych

It's not often I come up with a decent idea for these derbies, and now that I have one, I'm sacrificing it for the sake of art. I've determined that I don't have the skills to pull this off to my satisfaction (at least not with the time available), so I'm sharing this and if someone else would like to use it, they're heartily welcome to it.

Water-Fire-Steampunk-Myth (is it OK to mix up the columns in the title?--I think this one just makes more sense that way.)

Picture a cauldron of boiling water over a fire (some splashing out), and within the clouds of steam rising out of it, a phoenix. The cauldron and phoenix both done in steampunk style.

Actually, I'm surprised no one else thought of STEAMpunk coming out of water and fire. Well good luck to anyone who takes it.

Might as well have a signature now since I have something to put into it.

oakenspirit

So: beer + random tags = ... WHAT HAVE I MADE!!!!

deborah11565

oakenspirit wrote:So: beer + random tags = ... WHAT HAVE I MADE!!!!

lol !!

bluesplot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesplot

Just wanted to say kudos to whoever came up with this derby! There are some truly awesome entries out there!! I don't think I've ever voted for so many choices before.

abrndude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrndude
orabbit wrote:Remember that the goal is to create an attractive design that resonates with the masses, not necessarily to strictly or cleverly interpret the rules. Think of them as a design brief, not rules to be nitpicked.

thats the problem, the rules arent there to just glance at and say ehh ill try to stick to them. They are there for a reason and if you ignore them then you should be taken from the derby. Its not fair to the atrist who follow the guideline thats those who dont are still allowed in.