ryanmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanmon

I do hope our votes get counted in this thread and not just what is sold. I'd love to have AA again, but I'm not about to buy a shirt on the daily that I wouldn't wear just to get an AA shirt.

Having many of both AAs and Anvils and wearing them regularly, I have to say I retire the Anvils much much sooner. In fact, by simply still being able to wear AAs says something, considering woot made the switch a year ago?

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Good news! I'm happy to have the ability to order AA shirts again, though my bank account may not agree. I'll be anxiously awaiting the new designs and hope eventually ALL shirts will have this option. I passed up so many in the last year...........

07/11/14

glimfeather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glimfeather

So glad to be able to buy on AA again!!! Hopefully, I'll see many designs I like during the limited time the AA is offered so I can support this. Too bad the side sale doesn't have this option. I would buy the Motivation remix in a heartbeat, and probably pick up a couple other designs too.

loganfre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganfre

While I really like the idea of buying from shirt.woot again (I haven't purchased anything since the switch) I am not sure this will affect me too much.

I would say that on average Woot only makes about 1 in 10 designs I would be willing to wear, and 1 in 30 designs I can't live without. It would seem more logical to me to start with the "all designs" rather than the dailies. There are about a dozen shirts I would order from there tomorrow if AA was offered. As it is, it will probably be a couple weeks before I see anything worth getting from the dailies.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen

This is good news. I haven't bought a single shirt since the switch. Don't know if this will make me change my mind, though. Some of us still remember how the original price increase from $10 --> $12 was said to be so that woot could afford to keep using AA's Made in America blanks instead of foreign blanks. Then a few months later, they switched to Anvil anyway.

Again, I do think this is a good thing but it doesn't heal the wound, just makes it smaller.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril

YESSSSS

I've bought two or three anvil shirts and they always end up with a strange fit after the first wash. I have over 20 AA shirts and will be much more likely to buy with an AA option.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
Tegeril wrote:YESSSSS

I've bought two or three anvil shirts and they always end up with a strange fit after the first wash. I have over 20 AA shirts and will be much more likely to buy with an AA option.

From what I've heard they are like those old bootleg concert t-shirts that are 2x too wide and 2x too short after the first wash.

ocg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ocg
phoenixgirrl wrote:
AA shirts fit beautifully for a lot of people, but sadly, I'm not one of them.

Same here. I wear a women's L in Anvil, and the XL in AA is too small. Given that I wear a size L everywhere else I buy shirts, I am biased toward the Anvil. I also haven't had good experiences with the quality of the AA shirts that everyone else seems to have...

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi

Oh Woot.. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I cannot possibly explain how thrilled I am that AA is an option again.. At least, for a 'limited time' *Happy Dance* I will most definitely be shopping Woot again as long as the AA shirts are here..

Would it be possible to extend the AA shirts to the All Designs section? I have quite a few shirts I would buy.. No really I have a list going.. So does my brother.. ;)

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
chipgreen wrote: Some of us still remember how the original price increase from $10 --> $12 was said to be so that woot could afford to keep using AA's Made in America blanks instead of foreign blanks. Then a few months later, they switched to Anvil anyway.

Woot Staff never said that the price increase promised sticking with AA. Many people stated they were happy to pay more to keep AA, but Woot didn't respond, contradict nor endorse those wishes.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

NINaudio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NINaudio

Bring back the option for AA to your old shirts. I've lost a bunch of weight and would love to buy some of them over again in AA. The anvil shirts just don't fit me the same.

stephnrich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stephnrich

I have bought a few Anvil shirts, but haven't liked them in comparison to AA. Now, I have to REALLY like the shirt before I will buy one.
Same complaints others had: the neck does not hold up at all, the length is shorter, and stitching is sometimes uneven.

I will definitely buy more shirts for $1 more on AA. In fact, if offered, I would buy some reprints on AA that weren't quite good enough to buy an Anvil.

aggiechick

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aggiechick

Any chance Woot will ever carry W2XL in AA? I love the fit of that shirt, as it's longer than the equivalent Anvil WL (I'm a taller female), and the quality seems to be better (I have several of these blanks in various colors... they're my go-to basic tee). I would definitely pay any price difference. Seems kind of unfair that you give men all of the love with large sizes.

stephnrich

Woot, are these the same AA blanks that you used to offer?

The sizing chart says Anvil and AA are both 4.5 oz ringspun cotton , but I could have sworn that the old AA blanks were 4.0 or 4.2 oz.

djgalante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djgalante

Thank goodness! I've had Anvil t-shirts actually melt in the dryer! The AA tees are far more comfortable and durable.

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore

Oh! So that's what happened to the quality of the shirts!

e

stephnrich

stephnrich wrote:Woot, are these the same AA blanks that you used to offer?

The sizing chart says Anvil and AA are both 4.5 oz ringspun cotton , but I could have sworn that the old AA blanks were 4.0 or 4.2 oz.

Found it! the original AA blanks were 4.3oz. Here's the original woot announcement about the change from AA to Anvil: http://shirt.woot.com/blog/post/time-to-change-our-shirt-shirt-woot-now-using-anvil-blank-tees

So...either these AA blanks are not the ones we knew and loved, or someone's got fat fingers.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady

Hooray!! Add me to the list of wooters who are thrilled to have an AA option. I still check the site daily just in case there is a design I like in long-sleeve (those are still in AA) or a recurrence of the Purple AA event... I have never deliberately purchased an Anvil t (during the switch I ordered an AA and it came in Anvil - purchase refunded and I never even wore the shirt) even though there have been some designs that I really loved, the AA option will tip the scale in favor of the BUY button for even a strong "like"!! Thank you!!!

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

yahoo! Time to start check shirt.woot everyday again. only way this would get better is if you could buy all designs on AA.

Kinami

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kinami

Hooray! Thank you, Woot. Here's hoping there are some cool designs coming up for me to spend money on. (I also haven't bought many shirts since the switch, due to a combination of not liking the Anvil blanks as much and moving overseas, which adds a $5 shipping charge. AA shirts would make it worth the extra, though!)

And I'll add my name to the list of customers hoping to see older shirts - even just the current top 20 - on AA as well. I'd gladly pay an extra dollar! There are a couple shirts in there I've been debating about. If they were on AA it'd probably tip the balance.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Hope there are some artsy and "no text" derbies coming up so there will be some great choices to my liking that I can buy in AA. There is no way I can afford replace the "way too big for me now" favorite shirts from before (even if AA is ever offered on the catalog), but I'd love to have some new favorites.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I haven't bought any shirts since the switch from AA. I will be looking at shirt.woot and buying an AA version if I see one I like. I wasn't aware some people preferred the Anvil shirts, but now that I do I think having the choice is a good idea. (As long as woot can handle the logistics of different blanks.)

Still single, can't imagine why.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
Mavyn wrote:Woot Staff never said that the price increase promised sticking with AA. Many people stated they were happy to pay more to keep AA, but Woot didn't respond, contradict nor endorse those wishes.

That is absolutely correct. My post in the price change discussion may be what made other folks think that such was promised. The only part that could be argued in their announcement is in the line "The sad fact is, nothing in our business - blank shirts, ink, labor, shipping - is getting any cheaper." The blanks did get cheaper.

FWIW, the $1 extra does not cover the cost difference in blanks - Woot makes less selling the AA shirts at $13 vs. Anvil at $12.

djgalante wrote:Thank goodness! I've had Anvil t-shirts actually melt in the dryer! The AA tees are far more comfortable and durable.

If you have t-shirts melting, something is wrong with your dryer! The printing, perhaps, but not the t-shirt itself. Not to mention, cotton doesn't melt - it only burns (at 400+ degrees).

stephnrich wrote:... So...either these AA blanks are not the ones we knew and loved, or someone's got fat fingers.

The latter. AA still lists them at 4.3oz.

Over the past year, there has been a lot of comments with regards to the weight and feel, with different folks commenting about which brand feels thicker or thinner. It's very subjective, and I believe the softness has to do with that too.

karatejen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karatejen
ryanmon wrote:I do hope our votes get counted in this thread and not just what is sold. I'd love to have AA again, but I'm not about to buy a shirt on the daily that I wouldn't wear just to get an AA shirt.

Please count my vote for the AA shirts, even if I don't buy one this week (I have to love it to buy it). I have not and will not buy an Anvil shirt. I had pretty much stopped even looking at shirt.woot on a daily basis because of the shirt change.

The one Anvil shirt I bought (in the old AA size because I didn't know the shirts had changed) still has not been worn. With Woot not being as customer friendly as before, I am still stuck with my FAVORITE design of all time on a crappy way too large ill fitting too thin Anvil shirt. I want to cry everytime I look at it, so it is hidden in my closet somewhere.

epsy06

quality posts: 3 Private Messages epsy06
kylerjaye wrote:size question. looking at the charts it appears that if i was a woman's large for an anvil, the xl in AA will still be too small??

any input on the ladies sizing??
thanks!

No, AA makes notoriously small women's sizes. Their women's t-shirt sizes on their own website are the same as here, while the men have 6 inches of scale between S and XL, the women have less than 4 inches.

pinkferret7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkferret7

check my shirt purchases. i used to buy shirts all the time when they were AA...i think my last count was somewhere near 50. after the switch, i think i bought 3.

kudos for "hearing" my screams from far away.

saltysilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltysilver

Just bought one on American apparel. Can't wait to take a look to what is the better made.

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420
ryanmon wrote:I do hope our votes get counted in this thread and not just what is sold. I'd love to have AA again, but I'm not about to buy a shirt on the daily that I wouldn't wear just to get an AA shirt.

Agreed. I have to say, though, if the AA option was expanded to all shirts, I would likely re-buy quite a few of my favorites that were printed on Anvil shirts just to have them on AA.

bertomeeggo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bertomeeggo

i'd re-buy lots of 'all designs' shirts if they were still offered in american apparel. is it lots of work, or can they always be offered in both options? pleease? =o)

sclark89

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sclark89

I'm not a huge shirt buyer, but I've maybe bought 10 in my time here at Woot. The difference is, 9 of those shirts are AA, and I love them. Best shirt I've ever worn. I've bought one Anvil shirt. It fits similarly to the AA shirts, but it doesn't quite have that same fit to it. So I haven't bought any since. I'll gladly pay a dollar more for that perfect fit.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

YAY AA! I hope I see some shirts I like while this is going on... only downside is that now I have to go back to checking out the daily shirt every day, which I had stopped doing after the switch. (I need more than a day to decide if I love a shirt enough to buy it on an Anvil blank... not too many have made the cut!)

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

heyjoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie

Thank you!!! Please make it a permanent option for all shirts--I've hated having to ignore the daily shirts and side sales knowing that if I fell in love with a design, I couldn't buy a size that fits properly.

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

Keeping it as an option would be great. However, I'd like to point out a small issue with the women's sizing chart on the AA shirts.

The women's XL is the same as a man's SMALL. (oops, sorry, the women's extra large has less than an extra inch.) I bought one once upon a time (Hungry Unicorn I think) and... I looked like that plump little unicorn stuffed into it. LOL
I'd like to note that the women's XL is only 3/8" larger in the chest than a CHILD size 12. Seriously?

My husband has a collection of well over 125 woot shirts, but I bought one and never did again because of the sizing. At least the Anvil shirts is 5inches bigger than the men's small.

My chest area just won't work in these shirts, and it's a shame because there are a LOT of shirts that I'd like but I don't like the way the Men's XL or 2xl shirts fit.

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

billysug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billysug

I wish i could "like" this post. Same here for me but with 2XL.

alexmg2420 wrote:Hey mods/purchasers, I've got a little input on the Anvil vs. AA debate! I am a pretty large guy, yet I prefer the so-called "slim-fitting" AA shirts better. I wear a 3X in both AA and Anvil, but the thing I like best about the AA shirts is that AA shirts are a fair bit longer!

With the new Anvil shirts, I basically have to wear a wife beater under my shirt because at 6'4", the Anvil shirts are just too short if I don't keep my arms at my sides (wearing an extra layer is a pretty big problem here in Florida, especially in the summer). AA shirts, on the other hand, are plenty long enough for me! Not to mention the fact that they're more comfortable and the stitching is better on AA's, but think of the length difference for guys like if you would, Woot!

CheeseMcGee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CheeseMcGee
alexmg2420 wrote:Hey mods/purchasers, I've got a little input on the Anvil vs. AA debate! I am a pretty large guy, yet I prefer the so-called "slim-fitting" AA shirts better. I wear a 3X in both AA and Anvil, but the thing I like best about the AA shirts is that AA shirts are a fair bit longer!

With the new Anvil shirts, I basically have to wear a wife beater under my shirt because at 6'4", the Anvil shirts are just too short if I don't keep my arms at my sides (wearing an extra layer is a pretty big problem here in Florida, especially in the summer). AA shirts, on the other hand, are plenty long enough for me! Not to mention the fact that they're more comfortable and the stitching is better on AA's, but think of the length difference for guys like if you would, Woot!

As a 6'6" "big guy" I totally agree with this statement! I need the extra length from the AA shirts, totally worth the extra $1 if it means me showing off my belly button less, which is good for everybody!

billysug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billysug

Thank you for giving this a chance! Please bring them back permanently! (and leave the other as a choice)

Everyone's built different but unfortunately for me I'm completely screwed on the Anvil shirts.

I'm 5'10 185 and I try to take care of myself. For me (on the short sleeves), the AA 2XL seems like they are made just for me. I would imagine the better one of these cuts/brands is for someone, the other becomes worse and worse.

The Anvil shirts are much thinner. They would probably get holes sooner but I'll never know because the neck hole gets stretched out so quickly, the shirts gets completely ruined anyways. And they are too short.

The AA shirts better quality. They don't have all the short comings listed above for Anvil AND they are made in the USA. For just $1 more!

I have lots of shirts I need to rebuy but I just can't do them in Anvil. I tried and it just doesn't work for me. I used to be so proud of my AA/Woot shirts, but I just can't promote them anymore.

Since the switch I've bought one or two Anvils and the rest are only long sleeves as they've still all been AA. I've even searched for 2XL American Apparel shirts at their own stores and other tshirt stores across the net. I think they are only available wholesale. They don't sell 2XL in their own retail stores!

I know you guys listen because I asked for reprints a long time ago and now you do. But we just need to be able to buy them in all their original Woot glory.

And I know now i'm asking for too much, but how about making every shirt available in both brands short and long sleeve.

I'd pay more than $1. My all time favorite I'd pay $10 more to get another AA.

guylee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guylee

I'm with this guy. I own dozens of shirt.woot shirts, but can't buy the Anvil due to being 6'4. The 2XL fit in AA works great without risking the coin slot, whereas the three or so 2XL Anvil shirts are relegated to the "maybe if I trim a bit off the spare tire" pile.

So thanks for the option, look for more purchases from me (again). All of my vintage AA shirts are getting a bit threadbare.

Oh, and as long as I'm making noise, please pretty please bring back "Console General" in AA, It is by far my favorite, I still wear mine from whenever I bought it, but would happily buy a couple extra to restore that majestic metallic sheen. Thanks!

sinsemilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla

I had been wondering why the dozen shirts that I bought this past year didn't fit as well and seemed shorter than my older collection. I know I had put on a little weight, but my old shirts still fit fine...

Now that I know the reason is that Woot switched suppliers on me, I won't be buying any more shirts that use Anvil blanks.

It's a shame that a site that I once loved continues to slide down into a cesspool of inferior quality products. Woot, please bring back at least this small measure of quality so that I can have a reason to continue coming to this site.

toefur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toefur

Yay AA's back. I haven't bought a Woot shirt since the switch to Anvil. I got one before finding out about the switch and didn't like the shirt. Hopefully there will be a design I'm interested in during this "limited time". This should be a permanent feature.

doggonewyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doggonewyo

AA for me and my husband all the way. The AA are longer for him so they fit his height at 6'1" better than the Anvil. The AA are better for me because they don't fit like a sack. We both prefer the feel of the AA much more than that of the Anvil. The AA are softer and more dense after a wash. The necks on the AA are also MUCH better than the necks on the Anvil. The necks on the Anvil are all stretched out and sloppy. Anvil shirts look like you are wearing a burlap sack. Glad to see the AA offered as an option. DON'T SEE WHY WOOT COULDN'T DO THIS FOR GOOD. GIVE PEOPLE A CHOICE IN SHIRT AND DING THEM ON THE PRICE. IT'S REALLY PRETTY SIMPLE!