nickmyyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickmyyou
EwingKlipspringer wrote:FYI: Nothing is showing up on my monitor--or phone. Neither the design detail nor the shirt comp...

Sorry for the inconvenience...I'm not really sure why. This is my first entry ever, and all I did was upload pngs.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
EwingKlipspringer wrote:FYI: Nothing is showing up on my monitor--or phone. Neither the design detail nor the shirt comp...

Same here :/

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: Van Goat

Congratulations to you and your goat for fogging so early!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: A Different Life...

Given Calvin & Hobbes creator's hatred for merchandising it's generally considered bad form to use his characters. It's also a highly defended IP for that reason. Woot has generally not tolerated any use of C&H at all.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
nickmyyou wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience...I'm not really sure why. This is my first entry ever, and all I did was upload pngs.

I see both the thumbnail and the comp...Might be a browser issue?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Vincent Van Owl

Very cute!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
bluetuba wrote:Given Calvin & Hobbes creator's hatred for merchandising it's generally considered bad form to use his characters. It's also a highly defended IP for that reason. Woot has generally not tolerated any use of C&H at all.

I didn't realize... Mr. Watterson, if you are reading this, I made it out of love.

oakenspirit

omarfeliciano wrote:Very cute!

Thanks Ace!

oakenspirit

Re: Deep Impressions

This is perfect! My favorite in the derby.

oakenspirit

Re: starry city lights

So cool.

oakenspirit

Re: Fiery Night

Awesome. Great atmosphere man.

oakenspirit

Re: Scarecrogh

Ashame woot does have embroidery yet. Very nice man.

delightfuldelirium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages delightfuldelirium

Lovely work as always

oakenspirit

Re: Pacific Night

This is so cool-the look kind of reminds me of those old PC rpg's.

amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo

This is beautiful.

marceepauff

quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
EwingKlipspringer wrote:Congratulations to you and your goat for fogging so early!

Thanks EK. Not sure if it has a chance of staying there with all the beautiful art coming in, but fingers crossed 'cute' makes the cut. ;)

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris

This is another version of my "Starry Serenity" design. I decided to drop the ship, make the colors more vibrant, and add a few more things. Thanks!

ChuckleNorris

This is an alternate version to "Starry Serenity". I dropped the ship and gave the shirt some overall treatment. Thanks!

ChuckleNorris

I have an alternate version, which can be found here: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/73138/firefly-night

chomnom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chomnom
Re: 5th Brother Lost

good one!

windwounder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windwounder
sonofafish wrote:HPL done in the Van Gogh portrait style. But also, some tentacles. Big version: http://sonofafish.deviantart.com/art/Vincent-Van-Lovecraft-390191546

I think I'd rather have a large swirly Cthulhu.

maura44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maura44
Re: You Didn't Have to Cut Me Off

I definitely got a chuckle out of this! If you have time, maybe resub with some sort of graphic element (though the bleeding ear might be overdone)? Still gmv, though.

Wow, sarcasm. That's original.

maura44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maura44

I had to think about it for a second, but once I got it...pure hilarity.

Wow, sarcasm. That's original.

EwingKlipspringer

Re: OFFICIAL submission from the Sithsmonian Institute

We here at the Sithsmonian Institute want to thank our legions of fans for making our first shirt the highest rated shirt of all times in our in-house publication, The Sithsmonian Magazine.

And to reward you for your loyalty, we'd like to give you a sneak preview of next week's shirt. We were told early that Derby #316's theme will be absurdism, so this is a preview of the next shirt in our Great Artist Limerick Tee Shirts:

There once was a man named Camus,
Who wrote books that nobody knew.
Then before everyone's eyes,
He won the big Nobel prize,
And suddenly he became famous.

Don't forget to vote for that shirt starting next Friday--right after you buy one of this week's first place winning Van Gogh shirts!

Thank you for your your continued patronage.

--G. Frank Gelée-Vertebrále
Commoner Relations

EwingKlipspringer

Re: A Different Life...

I wonder which came first: his hatred of merchandising or the billions on Calvin-peeing-on-Ford-logo stickers that you see on Chevy trucks (and Calvin-peeing-on-Chevy-logo stickers that you see on Ford trucks)?

ncowick

quality posts: 12 Private Messages ncowick
Re: Taco Night

lol, love it. And now I want tacos.

vahidk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vahidk

This is just awesome...

vahidk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vahidk
ste7enl wrote:Thought I would try something original this week. Had a lot of fun making something inspired by Van Gogh. These artsy comps need to happen more often! Hope you all enjoy.

super awesome ... how can I get it?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

EwingKlipspringer wrote:

We here at the Sithsmonian Institute want to thank our legions of fans for making our first shirt the highest rated shirt of all times in our in-house publication, The Sithsmonian Magazine.

And to reward you for your loyalty, we'd like to give you a sneak preview of next week's shirt. We were told early that Derby #316's theme will be absurdism, so this is a preview of the next shirt in our Great Artist Limerick Tee Shirts:

There once was a man named Camus,
Who wrote books that nobody knew.
Then before everyone's eyes,
He won the big Nobel prize,
And suddenly he became famous.

Don't forget to vote for that shirt starting next Friday--right after you buy one of this week's first place winning Van Gogh shirts!

Thank you for your your continued patronage.

--G. Frank Gelée-Vertebrále
Commoner Relations

But Van Gogh doesn't rhyme with "dough"? And Camus doesn't rhyme with "famous?" Or is it somehow thatsthejoke.jpg?

pjpram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjpram
Re: Vincent Van Owl

I love it!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Beautiful!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
oakenspirit wrote:I didn't realize... Mr. Watterson, if you are reading this, I made it out of love.

It's too late, Bill has probably already dispatched a Blackhawk full of ninjas to your house already!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3903 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

This is such a great design!

caspertheghost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caspertheghost
Re: A Starry Flight

Hello, I was just wondering why this was rejected for future references. Why Woot can't run this?

oakenspirit

bluetuba wrote:It's too late, Bill has probably already dispatched a Blackhawk full of ninjas to your house already!

Now that I consider it, if I'm to die, I think Ninjas from Bill Watterson is actually my favorite way to go...

(***What was that noise!?)

oakenspirit

pjpram wrote:I love it!

I have it on good authority that it loves you too!

EwingKlipspringer

goldenthorn wrote:But Van Gogh doesn't rhyme with "dough"? And Camus doesn't rhyme with "famous?" Or is it somehow thatsthejoke.jpg?

(Yes! That's part of the joke! Free shirt for Goldenthorne! Obviously, it won't be this design, but help yourself to a free copy of somebody's shirt...)

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus

Well cut my ear off, I think we found our derby winner.

wakho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wakho

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Always goods to receive feedback, good or bad. Much appreciated!

wakho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wakho
Re: Pacific Night

Wow.. This is pretty sick... The sky and water are nicely done... Great work Omar!