PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

alright, alright.
i rly don't want to do this much work on a monday.
take a breather, plz

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba

*grumble*

justjking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justjking
bluetuba wrote:*grumble*

Do you mean waa-waahhh, or am I thinking of another sad horn?

bluetuba

justjking wrote:Do you mean waa-waahhh, or am I thinking of another sad horn?

More like a "I was trying to yell at somebody dammit, why you gotta delete me" sound. ;)

Dougly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dougly

Mmmmmmmmmmm Brains. Specially squirrel. Male, Female... it doesnt' really matter.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Hey all...

A) Thanks for the feedback.

B) You're right, we're dumb for not including options for boy zombies who like boys and girl zombies who like girls. We didn't mean this to be a political statement; it was simply an oversight.

C) The good thing about oversights is that they can be corrected! Here's the thing: we can't add more options to the sale without having to take everything down, which would mess things up on our end (like production), but we have set up another sale here here so that we can digitally print shirts for those who aren't satisfied with the heteronormative options we have here.

Thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate you guys speaking up and making your feelings known. Our doctor says it's good for us to talk about our feelings.

tl/dr: Check this out for a more inclusive option today's shirt.

walmazan

quality posts: 58 Private Messages walmazan

I prefer more options!!!

Yay for Woot!!!

Zennifair

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Zennifair

This is what makes woot an awesome site. They listen to what their customers are saying and take steps to please as many as possible.

Thank you for adding options!

As for some of the customers who commented here, though, I didn't realize how many bigots were on this site. Considering there's a sizable demographic that wanted the shirt but couldn't buy it, it was not unreasonable to mention it in the comments.

For me, I won't be buying one, because I prefer both men and women with brains. But the fact that woot stepped up for inclusion and added any options makes me appreciate the site, even if I won't benefit directly. Thanks, woot!

Edit - also, thanks to Walmazan!

~Zenn

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Way to go, Woot.

Narfcake

quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake

Kudos, @Joel. Hopefully there are enough sales that you guys will end up screening them, even!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
mase123987 wrote:First off, it is a t-shirt! I think we can all agree that the creator was in no way, shape or form trying to look down on other sexualities.

That said, couldn't someone say the Zombies are racist because they have read hair which means that the t-shirts only show white zombies?

Point being, don't over think. It is about ZOMBIES!

I don't think people are overthinking it. Gender-specificity is important in a shirt like this. I know a guy who would love this, but he only dates other guys (actually, he's engaged). Wearing either version of this shirt wouldn't fit him. . . whereas the message works no matter what the race of the zombie.

bluejester

quality posts: 549 Private Messages bluejester

Dang it! I was so busy with the baby I missed a good old fashioned break out of the Soapbox of the Offended Wooter, from both sides of an issue apparently.

*sigh*

Ah well. Just goes to show that whoever you are and whatever you believe, Walmazan has a style that everyone can agree totally rocks.

lowkey88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowkey88

Awesome

Thanks very much, Woot and Walmazan! You rock!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
joelterrific wrote:Hey all...

B) You're right, we're dumb for not including options for boy zombies who like boys and girl zombies who like girls. We didn't mean this to be a political statement; it was simply an oversight.

C) The good thing about oversights is that they can be corrected! Here's the thing: we can't add more options to the sale without having to take everything down, which would mess things up on our end (like production), but we have set up another sale here here so that we can digitally print shirts for those who aren't satisfied with the heteronormative options we have here.

Thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate you guys speaking up and making your feelings known. Our doctor says it's good for us to talk about our feelings.

Nicely done, Woot

justjking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justjking

Thank you for providing alternate options for us!

Is it just me or are they impossible to find unless you've been reading the comments though? Perhaps a link in the main shirt.woot?

lonelypond

quality posts: 375 Private Messages lonelypond

And now I've bought an unexpected zombie-ish shirt, darn (or thank) you, shirtwoot!

Also, yeah for Middleman references!

New Blink Kitty Love comics

caramelarrow

quality posts: 12 Private Messages caramelarrow

I'd love to see one that said "I prefer a boss with brains." Not a dating reference, but just, really want a boss with brains!!

Edit: Not a request for an actual shirt to be printed, just a request for, well, again, a boss with brains.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dlcarst77

Thanks, Woot, for the perfect shirt for a college student getting back in the dating game!

Woots: 8
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 5

bluetuba

Awesome job being responsive and inclusive here Woot, see, it wasn't that difficult for a little switching around! ;)

theco2

quality posts: 31 Private Messages theco2

Not that I was one of them wanting one of the alternative shirts, but I thank you for supporting the GLBT community. This is one of many reasons Woot is a great site.

x3
Caution: Signature may or may not contain a Facebook link.

Barzydlo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Barzydlo

I wanted to buy 3 of these, one for myself & my two housemates, but need three different sizes and both genders. Normally when you choose multiples you get a size and gender option for each item, but not this time. Woot only gives one size and gender option for all three, so, I guess I saved $36.00.

Narfcake

Barzydlo wrote:I wanted to buy 3 of these, one for myself & my two housemates, but need three different sizes and both genders. Normally when you choose multiples you get a size and gender option for each item, but not this time. Woot only gives one size and gender option for all three, so, I guess I saved $36.00.

Select style, size, and quantity 1. Add to cart.

Then return back to the page to select another style/size, and add that to the cart. After the third shirt is added, you can checkout.

Do note that there are a total of four options (between both pages):
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/i-prefer-someone-with-brains
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/i-prefer-someone-with-brains-1

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

hey that girl has red hair. I prefer blondes. I do not appreciate the descrimination in this sale.

I always did like yardsales.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Cool, what a nice surprise to come home to. Have to put my money where my mouth is. Picked one up, I hope they can be silk screened as well.

edit to add, showed the Mrs. and she bought one too!

mrbarister

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mrbarister
lete wrote:I'm also not into guys or girls... or anything really. That relationship jazz just isn't my thing. But aren't these shirts kind of inappropriate for children, considering the use of "men" and "women"? Seems like it would be soliciting unwanted attention.

I misunderstood you at first. Yeah these shirts would not make as much sense on a kid, but to each his or her own I suppose. Train them early to value brains in a person. I would be curious to see the sales stats on each version of this design, though it would not be a true indicator of sexual preference as the homosexuals shirts didn't arrive until later. Also correlation does not imply causation! ;)

aarrun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarrun

Thank you, woot and walmazan, for recognizing the oversight and opting for inclusion over excuses.

I showed my support with my wallet; I hope enough others do to influence the options in future designs as well.

joelterrific wrote:Hey all...

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 1m 31.994s
First sucker:missd1360
Last wooter to woot:devilfreak13
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

First day sales 1363
First day posts 105

Narfcake

TheGolux wrote:Speed to first woot: 1m 31.994s
First sucker:missd1360
Last wooter to woot:devilfreak13
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

First day sales 1363
First day posts 105

19 additional sales thus so far for the additional options.

klaw197

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klaw197

If the shirt said EXACTLY what the title said I would have bought it. "Someone" would have been far less exclusionary. Maybe think about it for a reprint? It's a really cute shirt.

betterlater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages betterlater

Staff

Bought one of the additions. Thanks, Woot! I would TOTALLY eat your brains.

renegadetim

quality posts: 11 Private Messages renegadetim
Narfcake wrote:19 additional sales thus so far for the additional options.

Yikes! And now you see why woot didn't originally offer these options.

I understand the gripes, and it may be because they haven't come back to see the other options yet... BUT, how many of those complainers actually bought the shirt they said they would buy if they added that option? Not as many as have complained about it.

All in all, some people were definitely taking it personal that the option wasn't offered, while others were just stating that they would buy it if given the option.

I think in a case like this, it should have only been the latter. As was mentioned many times, this wasn't a political message. It was a logistics issue and something that frankly, is more popular in this country. Doesn't mean they aren't supportive.

There have been plenty of other designs portraying a male/female relationship that did not receive any backlash.

I'm kind of surprised WOOT took any action here, but they only did because of the amount of people complaining about it. On voting day, they offered a Republican or Democrat shirt and no one from the Libertarian, Green, Tea Party, etc. threw fits about getting their option offered. Same with the College Waitlist shirts, while some did complain, they weren't given their options.

I'm also surprised the "furry" community didn't chime in, as we know they do buy shirts here as well.

Also, I think there's a slight glitch in the fact that those two new shirts are still $12 at this time... Maybe they're offering them at that price for a full 24 hours? [sarcasm] In that case, I'm upset that THOSE shirts get to be cheaper because I missed all this hoopla on the first day and didn't get to buy one of the original designs for that price! Why are THEY cheaper? [/sarcasm]

theco2

quality posts: 31 Private Messages theco2
renegadetim wrote:
I'm kind of surprised WOOT took any action here, but they only did because of the amount of people complaining about it. On voting day, they offered a Republican or Democrat shirt and no one from the Libertarian, Green, Tea Party, etc. threw fits about getting their option offered. Same with the College Waitlist shirts, while some did complain, they weren't given their options.

I'm also surprised the "furry" community didn't chime in, as we know they do buy shirts here as well.

Also, I think there's a slight glitch in the fact that those two new shirts are still $12 at this time... Maybe they're offering them at that price for a full 24 hours? [sarcasm] In that case, I'm upset that THOSE shirts get to be cheaper because I missed all this hoopla on the first day and didn't get to buy one of the original designs for that price! Why are THEY cheaper? [/sarcasm]

"I prefer politicians with brains."

"I prefer animals with brains."

x3
Caution: Signature may or may not contain a Facebook link.

Narfcake

renegadetim wrote:Yikes! And now you see why woot didn't originally offer these options.

I don't see that as the issue ...

I understand the gripes, and it may be because they haven't come back to see the other options yet... BUT, how many of those complainers actually bought the shirt they said they would buy if they added that option? Not as many as have complained about it.

When I analyzed numbers in the past, roughly 80% of those who didn't have the opportunity to purchase a shirt at the moment DO NOT come back.

... I'm kind of surprised WOOT took any action here, but they only did because of the amount of people complaining about it. On voting day, they offered a Republican or Democrat shirt and no one from the Libertarian, Green, Tea Party, etc. threw fits about getting their option offered. Same with the College Waitlist shirts, while some did complain, they weren't given their options. ...

As I recall, there were folks of the additional parties that did comment. Also, the scenarios you cited would require new designs, whereas the additional options offered here is simply rearranging elements between the two.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

renegadetim wrote:Yikes! And now you see why woot didn't originally offer these options.

All in all, some people were definitely taking it personal that the option wasn't offered, while others were just stating that they would buy it if given the option.

I think in a case like this, it should have only been the latter. As was mentioned many times, this wasn't a political message. It was a logistics issue and something that frankly, is more popular in this country. Doesn't mean they aren't supportive.

There have been plenty of other designs portraying a male/female relationship that did not receive any backlash.

The decision to offer the 'alternative' shirt was born out of a legitimate feeling that we missed the opportunity in the first place and not due to the griping. As you've aptly pointed out, we don't respond to many gripes, but this needed to be addressed. I guess I'm a a dyed in the wool capitalist in that I want people to buy our shirts. ALL people. Plus, I happen to think it's the right thing to do.

The beauty of our DTG option allows for us to do this cost effectively as well. That makes it easier to make the right decision.

Ministress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ministress

So awesome! I got my women who love women with brains shirt, and my faith in Woot is completely restored! Thanks for listening to the community and including everyone!

aercires

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aercires

Well, I put my money where my mouth is.

THANK YOU WOOT, you are truly awesome.

lonelypond

quality posts: 375 Private Messages lonelypond

Last half a day to pick up the alt version. looking forward to working mine into my Halloween costume somehow.

New Blink Kitty Love comics

Narfcake

Final count for I Prefer More Options: 34. Thank you, Woot, for providing the additional choices.

How to decode sales figures from the Percentage of Sales Per Hour:

Assign 1 sale to the lowest percentage; in this case, it's 3%. Assign 2 sales to the next number up, which should be about double of the lowest percentage; it's 7% here. And so on ...

Now add them up ...
4*1 + 7*2 + 1*3 + 1*4 + 1*5 = 30 orders.
In the quantity, 7% (2) bought 2 and 3% (1) bought 3, so 34 shirts total.

nverian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nverian

If I had come back to look and see if they had added extra options, I would have bought them. As it is, I only just saw it and they're sold out. I cannot be the only one.

honus87

quality posts: 3 Private Messages honus87
nverian wrote:If I had come back to look and see if they had added extra options, I would have bought them. As it is, I only just saw it and they're sold out. I cannot be the only one.

I am in the same boat.

But thanks, Woot, for responding. It is very awesome of you to have done so. You have restored my faith in Woot, though many of the other posters have lowered my faith in humanity.

I'd be curious how many they sold in the end but I don't see that on the shirt's page. How do you find that?