theco2

quality posts: 49 Private Messages theco2
thumperchick wrote:Well now you guys have me paranoid. I'm going to dig out my hoodie while the mister is at work tomorrow and check again for a centered print.

And dat manny got a booty.

And the results?

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick
theco2 wrote:And the results?

The results are... I haven't gone and dragged the gift totes back out of the basement, because there is currently a loaded craft table in front of the door. So, I'm just going to hope it's right.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Sorry for lack of communication- I still haven't heard anything firm from our production peeps. I'm pressuring again and will update when I hear anything back.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Last I've heard now: the screens have been reclaimed on all these designs and they won't be reprinting A-mazing or Zombeer hoodies, I'm not positive what this means to you all, but I'm trying to get it figured out.

thumperchick

agingdragqueen wrote:Last I've heard now: the screens have been reclaimed on all these designs and they won't be reprinting A-mazing or Zombeer hoodies, I'm not positive what this means to you all, but I'm trying to get it figured out.

Wow. I am now certain there are literally screaming woot monkeys running the shirt dept now.

saramwrap

quality posts: 15 Private Messages saramwrap

Is this an attempt to wipe all traces of these shirts' existence off the face of the planet?

THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

theco2

saramwrap wrote:Is this an attempt to wipe all traces of these shirts' existence off the face of the planet?

THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

It didn't happen. You didn't have any problems. You can't prove anything.

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

theco2 wrote:It didn't happen. You didn't have any problems. You can't prove anything.

I thought my mind eraser from MIB was missing!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

thumperchick

theco2

thumperchick wrote:What neuralizer?

Before I realized he was holding, I had to put two and two together, before my mind flew off too far into the gutter.
And I have seen MIB a couple times, too.

thumperchick

theco2 wrote:Before I realized he was holding, I had to put two and two together, before my mind flew off too far into the gutter.
And I have seen MIB a couple times, too.

Well, that's another way to distract us from the issue, isn't it?

theco2

thumperchick wrote:Well, that's another way to distract us from the issue, isn't it?

That was your intention; wasn't it?

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

theco2 wrote:That was your intention; wasn't it?

Haha! You...

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

saramwrap

Any news on the shirts that apparently never existed?

I am trying to stay on top of all of the shopping I've done that's gone a bit awry... I was reminded of this thread when I opened a support ticket about my missing random stickers.

You'll never be rid of my grievances, apparently. Happy Festivus!

thumperchick

Sooooo, I finally got a chance to pull my zip up of Zombeer out of hiding to wrap it while the spouse is gone... and it's off center. I know, at this point, it won't get replaced - but I figured you guys should know. (I just put the pullover with a great print and the zip up with the eh print in one box and he can decide which he'd rather wear.) Here's a pic for you:

Ho Ho... eh. At least the Beer Kit is wrapped and lookin pretty.

theco2

thumperchick wrote:Sooooo, I finally got a chance to pull my zip up of Zombeer out of hiding to wrap it while the spouse is gone... and it's off center. I know, at this point, it won't get replaced - but I figured you guys should know. (I just put the pullover with a great print and the zip up with the eh print in one box and he can decide which he'd rather wear.) Here's a pic for you:

Ho Ho... eh. At least the Beer Kit is wrapped and lookin pretty.

I'm thinking we should just expect this, from Shirt.Woot.

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
theco2 wrote:I'm thinking we should just expect this, from Shirt.Woot.

... which is just sad.

From the past couple months, it seems that if someone was to order something from shirt.woot ...

- Shipping dates are arbitrary. It might come in time for the intended holiday, but you're better off expecting it for next year's instead.
- A shirt may arrive with a completely different size and design than ordered.
- You bought a non-shirt product? Good luck!
- One, two, skip a few, 99, 100. ... because counting is overrated, y'know.
- Colors ... they exist. Whether it's right or not, is beyond us.
- Quality control ... is the customer's problem.
- Haven't you heard that belly shirts worn off your shoulder are all the rage? No? Well, it's what you get anyways.

No, not every order here had these issues; indeed, I'm sure most of the orders went out fine. Yes, there's some overgeneralizing - a lot, in fact - and I have to give big kudos to the community moderators - @agingdragqueen, @manhandsha, @thunderthighs, and @rogetray - for stepping in and getting a handle on things. That said, they shouldn't have had to be involved at all if others in the rest of Woot's operation was doing their job correctly.

The best customer service a company can have is one that doesn't need to be contacted at all for getting what one ordered. Can we hope that's in store for shirt.woot for 2014? Or is that a hopeless thought already? ...

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Narfcake wrote:... which is just sad.

I was thinking about making a similar post. I commend the moderators for attempting to make the best of a bad situation. But, unfortunately, that doesn't fix the obvious issues. A company's reputation is all that it has, and shirt.woot's reputation at this point is such a sad reflection of what it was 3 years ago. At that time, quality shirts with quality prints were being provided at cheap prices. There were the occasional mistakes, but it was far from the norm. It seems now that lackluster shirts with lackluster (or incorrect) prints are being provided at OK prices. Mistakes seem to be all too common, to the point that your customers suspect they are the ONLY quality control that exists.

I've never spent a great amount of money here, but I did invest a great amount of time trying to help make this site great. Not for personal gain, just because I liked the site and how it operated.

Someone with power needs to realize that they need to put in the effort to turn this place around, or else this slide is going to continue right into the ground.

Best of luck deciding which course is preferred.

Narfcake

bluchez wrote:... A company's reputation is all that it has, and shirt.woot's reputation at this point is such a sad reflection of what it was 3 years ago. At that time, quality shirts with quality prints were being provided at cheap prices. There were the occasional mistakes, but it was far from the norm. ...

This is the truth. Back then, I can order a shirt, and 4-7 days later (usually), it's all in my mailbox. I take it out, admire it (or question why did I buy this?!), and life went on. Lather, rinse, repeat (ummm, often).

Nowadays, the shirt production always seemed rushed, and there are no second thoughts by the production crew to how the end product should look ... and the sale numbers these days reflect how (ex-)customers feel about that.

Do I have direct knowledge that such shirt.woot customers are unhappy with the products? Not always. Do I see the signs, both here in the forums and through the number of recent poorly printed, excessively shrunken, and/or stretched out shirts I run across in thrift stores, several which were still available in the reckoning at the time? Yes.

Someone with power needs to realize that they need to put in the effort to turn this place around, or else this slide is going to continue right into the ground.

Best of luck deciding which course is preferred.

+1.

(FWIW, I still have shirt issues I need to write into support about, but haven't had the patience to do it.)

theco2

I'm sure I will keep noticing more and more of my shirts are off centered, or something, over time. Yesterday, I was wearing Aiming for Excellence and noticed it was off centered, when I was standing over the toilet, unless something else has been off centered, all my life.

I haven't intentionally looked at any other logos, but one by one I'm sure I will find something a little off about all of them.

Narfcake

theco2 wrote:I'm sure I will keep noticing more and more of my shirts are off centered, or something, over time. ...

If a shirt's design doesn't strike me as being "off", I let it pass even if ultimately it was. Designs with a large round element seem more noticeable, though, just as designs with straight lines are more noticeable if it was skewed. Such "one-off" issues are dependent on the one loading the blank shirts on the platen.

Speaking of which ... do something about the blanks! (I don't need to elaborate here.)

I would like to hear and see that the DTG color profiles are dialed in and printed as the artists intended.

The shipping snafus ... I hope that comes to an end too. Extend the shipping dates if needed, but if there is an issue, keep your customers informed.

In the past couple years, I've ranted more than a fair share here, but that's because I still care about shirt.woot and what the artists bring here.

theco2

Narfcake wrote:In the past couple years, I've ranted more than a fair share here, but that's because I still care about shirt.woot and what the artists bring here.

If it weren't for the artists...

I think we know where Shirt.Woot would be.

Narfcake

theco2 wrote:If it weren't for the artists...

I think we know where Shirt.Woot would be.

All Green Space, all the time!

Good luck trying to sell that "design" on the current blanks, though.

theco2

Narfcake wrote:All Green Space, all the time!

Good luck trying to sell that "design" on the current blanks, though.

I'm betting Cream Space, Silver Space and so on, would become big hits, as well.

Narfcake

theco2 wrote:I'm betting Cream Space, Silver Space and so on, would become big hits, as well.

Creme. Just Creme - Sold 74.
Silver. Just Silver. - Sold 106

If you're wondering (or not), the most popular was Black. Just Black. - Sold 670; the least, Kelly Green. Just Kelly Green. - Sold 61.

theco2

Narfcake wrote:Creme. Just Creme - Sold 74.
Silver. Just Silver. - Sold 106

If you're wondering (or not), the most popular was Black. Just Black. - Sold 670; the least, Kelly Green. Just Kelly Green. - Sold 61.

Interesting! I didn't know they had those, at one time.
Looks like they were even AA shirts.

Narfcake

theco2 wrote:Interesting! I didn't know they had those, at one time.
Looks like they were even AA shirts.

They were. It was offered just before the changeover, which I noted as not being a good sign ...

theco2

Narfcake wrote:They were. It was offered just before the changeover, which I noted as not being a good sign ...

And you couldn't have been more correct.

thumperchick

So, was there ever a resolution found for the crooked/bad prints?

agingdragqueen

Staff

thumperchick wrote:So, was there ever a resolution found for the crooked/bad prints?

I never got any word, still, I'll check back in in-person next week- the shirt people as a whole seem to be out.

thumperchick

agingdragqueen wrote:I never got any word, still, I'll check back in in-person next week- the shirt people as a whole seem to be out.

Thanks adq.
Also, may want to post that the shirt peoples are out - in the Wil Wheaton Mystery Box thread - some people had sizing issues and haven't yet heard back from Joel about it.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Ok, got an ok to refund theco2 & thumperchick $15 for the messed up hoodies; saramwrap gets $10 for the messed up tee and all of you get my continued apologies.

Is there anything else y'all are still having problems with?

theco2

agingdragqueen wrote:Ok, got an ok to refund theco2 & thumperchick $15 for the messed up hoodies; saramwrap gets $10 for the messed up tee and all of you get my continued apologies.

Wasn't expecting that. Thanks, adq!

saramwrap

agingdragqueen wrote:Ok, got an ok to refund theco2 & thumperchick $15 for the messed up hoodies; saramwrap gets $10 for the messed up tee and all of you get my continued apologies.

I think that more than makes up for the off-set print (and crazy craziness). Thank you for staying on top of this!!

Now if I could just get my lederhosen freaker and the other set of 10 random stickers that I ordered but didn't receive... I think all of my Woot shenanigans would be resolved.

agingdragqueen

Staff

saramwrap wrote:I think that more than makes up for the off-set print (and crazy craziness). Thank you for staying on top of this!!

Now if I could just get my lederhosen freaker and the other set of 10 random stickers that I ordered but didn't receive... I think all of my Woot shenanigans would be resolved.

I've started having nightmares about the Shirtoberfest Freakers. If we don't fix it soon I will probably lose it, so stay tuned!

thumperchick

Wow, thank you!