Narfcake

quality posts: 380 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kisekileia wrote:Please, no American Apparel shirts! Their women's sizing is totally ridiculous (essentially, anything below a large or so is equivalent to a children's size), and the company owner has a nasty reputation for sexual harassment. The current shirts are much more female-friendly.

I'm unaware that the CEO Paula Schneider has a reputation for sexual harassment.

FWIW, the sizing anomaly is Anvil's 880. The women's blanks commonly used in the imprint industry are sized more or less with AA's sizing. As an example, here are the chest width specs of some various brands, size WXL:
AA 2012: 18-3/4"
Alstyle 5562: 17-1/4
Anvil 880 (non-mutant variety): 23-1/4"
Gildan 64000L: 19-1/2"
NLA 3300L: 18-1/2"
Spectra 8600: 19"
Tultex 0213: 19-1/2"

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
kisekileia wrote:I was going to order 2 shirts to ship to Canada, and I was charged $10 per shirt! I have now ordered one of the two shirts I was going to order, but I had to pay more for shipping than for the shirt!

We charge per sales type for international shipping. So that is: per Plus sale- $10 shipping for anything ordered within each Plus sale. Per daily tee- $10 for as many sizes of the daily design we have up (which usually will be just one design). Or catalog- $10 shipping on anything in your cart from the catalog.

kisekileia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kisekileia

ETA: It wasn't Paula Schneider. I just did a quick search and found that AA founder Dov Charney was finally fired in 2014 after a lengthy sexual harassment scandal. Link here: http://business.financialpost.com/2014/12/23/how-the-founder-and-ceo-of-american-apparel-went-from-mega-mogul-to-sleeping-on-a-friends-couch/

Narfcake wrote:I'm unaware that the CEO Paula Schneider has a reputation for sexual harassment.

FWIW, the sizing anomaly is Anvil's 880. The women's blanks commonly used in the imprint industry are sized more or less with AA's sizing. As an example, here are the chest width specs of some various brands, size WXL:
AA 2012: 18-3/4"
Alstyle 5562: 17-1/4
Anvil 880 (non-mutant variety): 23-1/4"
Gildan 64000L: 19-1/2"
NLA 3300L: 18-1/2"
Spectra 8600: 19"
Tultex 0213: 19-1/2"

FYI, a shirt with a 19" wide chest measurement fits a woman with about a 36" chest, which is equivalent to a size 8. So what you're saying is that the industry standard is for an XL women's shirt to be equivalent to a standard size 8. For reference, the average American woman wears a size 12 to 14.

I call rimshot. The current ShirtWoot blanks are in line with women's actual sizing needs--the medium is 20" wide, which fits an average to slightly smaller than average female chest (roughly 36" to 38"). It is demonstrably obvious from the actual sizes of women that ShirtWoot's current women's shirts are sized more appropriately than the AA standard, which formerly left average to plus-size women unable to buy women's shirts at ShirtWoot that fit properly.

kisekileia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kisekileia

That still adds up to potentially $30 shipping for 3 shirts. That's really pretty ridiculous. I don't see how shipping 3 shirts to Canada from the U.S. can possibly cost ShirtWoot $30. I predict that this policy will drastically cut your international sales. Shipping costs really should not exceed $10 per order.

agingdragqueen wrote:We charge per sales type for international shipping. So that is: per Plus sale- $10 shipping for anything ordered within each Plus sale. Per daily tee- $10 for as many sizes of the daily design we have up (which usually will be just one design). Or catalog- $10 shipping on anything in your cart from the catalog.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kisekileia wrote:... So what you're saying is that the industry standard is for an XL women's shirt to be equivalent to a standard size 8.

Nope, that's not what I said. I was specific in noting the imprint industry, which shirt.woot participates in. Even then, it's not a standard, as they varied.

But not varied by 4" (8" total) or more.

This is probably a pointless argument anyway, as if you read other threads here, the Anvil blanks that are being delivered nowadays are narrower.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
kisekileia wrote:That still adds up to potentially $30 shipping for 3 shirts. That's really pretty ridiculous. I don't see how shipping 3 shirts to Canada from the U.S. can possibly cost ShirtWoot $30. I predict that this policy will drastically cut your international sales. Shipping costs really should not exceed $10 per order.

Since we ship by sale type- we charge international shipping per shipment. It blows if you want the daily or only one or two at a time, but we also have thousands of tees in the catalog that you'd just pay one $10 shipping charge for.

btrfly4god

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btrfly4god

I am sorry...but I miss the $10 shirts. That's what got my hubby hooked to this site in the first place.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

btrfly4god wrote:I am sorry...but I miss the $10 shirts. That's what got my hubby hooked to this site in the first place.

It's been over 3 years since the daily shirts were $10 shipped ...
Inflational Material: Daily Shirt.Woot Prices Go Up By $2

babygecko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babygecko
Bandrik wrote:It sounds like you guys are applying the feedback you got on the "bundle sale" pricing ideas. Good job!

Overall I think this is a fine change. Dailies stay the same, and there are cost savings to savvy shoppers who know to buy in bulk.

But aside from cost savings, my biggest shout will continue to be to OFFER AMERICAN APPAREL SHIRTS AGAIN! I don't care if it's a price premium option. I'll pay it! Logistics headache you say? I prefer to pronounce it "buckets of money".

Yes Yes Yes. I hardly buy Woot shirts anymore because I expect them to fit weird and get holes after 2-3 trips through the washer. Sad. :-(

KhellSennet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KhellSennet

This new pricing structure suffers from the same problem as the old one. Basically, if you aren't American, you get the shaft.

I realize it costs more to ship to Canada, and the flat rate shipping is quite reasonable. What sucks the big one is Shirt.Woot's complete inability to combine orders.

If I order five different shirts from five different "groups" like Top 20, Daily Shirt, Catalog, and say two different promos, I get FIVE International Shipping charges. I'm not SAVING anything by ordering from their so-called deals because it's a whole new shipping and handling charge each time I get something from a different promo. It's better just to wait for everything to hit catalog and pay full price than to use their "deals" as an international customer. And that doubly sucks since you never know which items WON'T be added to the catalog (remixes often don't), plus there's the ones you KNOW won't be available because of specialty ink.

Is it so hard to just hold all shirts from a single order until the whole order is ready, then ship it as ONE, with only ONE $10S&H charge?

And also (Sorry this is turning into a wall of text), as to things others have said about quality. I second that problem. More and more of my newer shirts come apart at the neck, and I don't bother trying for a replacement. You don't get a replacement, you get a refund, which means the shirt you want will cost MORE to replace than if you bought it say as the daily shirt, or a promo. Fix your quality Woot. Personally, I've found the problem worst with the grays and greens.

Back when I used to order through my roommate (before getting my own account) I ordered a shirt a week or more. I have a literal closet full of Wootshirts. But right now, I've stopped buying anything that isn't Dooomcat's Ninja shirts because the quality sucks and the shipping is worse. Fix the problems if you want me back.

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

I really dont care about this change, ALL I care about is GOOD QUALITY SHIRTS! Until you change from these anvil pieces of garbage, it doesnt matter what you price the shirts at as I wont be buying. They have no value when they dont fit and are of poor quality.

SquirrelsAreMean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SquirrelsAreMean

This change doesn't affect me too much, I have maybe bought 5 shirts since the switch to the inferior anvil blanks, as opposed to the 30+ American Apparel shirts I've purchased. It still leavess a bad taste in my mouth that there was a price change in Janaury 2012 because "The sad fact is, nothing in our business - blank shirts, ink, labor, shipping - is getting any cheaper.". Then literally a month later after the price increase woot switches to the cheaper anvil blank tees. So pay more, and get an inferior product. I'd take an American Apparel shirt even at 20 dollars each over these poor anvil tees.

Sources:
January 16 2012
http://shirt.woot.com/blog/post/inflational-material-daily-shirt-woot-prices-go-up-by-2

February 21 2012
http://shirt.woot.com/blog/post/time-to-change-our-shirt-shirt-woot-now-using-anvil-blank-tees

sampeeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sampeeps

I agree with all the above posters about the international shipping - $10 sucks balls! Much more than all the other sites I buy from. Really makes me consider if I really do need that tee. Shame really.

skemmis

quality posts: 24 Private Messages skemmis
sampeeps wrote:I agree with all the above posters about the international shipping - $10 sucks balls! Much more than all the other sites I buy from. Really makes me consider if I really do need that tee. Shame really.

We're definitely hearing this but want to make sure everybody is clear: You're paying the same for shirts shipped internationally as you were before (shipping has gone up, prices have gone down).

The only difference is that you don't get to take advantage of the bundling effect everybody else is getting if you buy from multiple event types. But international shipments have ALWAYS had to pay extra for purchasing across different event types.

KhellSennet

skemmis wrote:We're definitely hearing this but want to make sure everybody is clear: You're paying the same for shirts shipped internationally as you were before
But international shipments have ALWAYS had to pay extra for purchasing across different event types.

Well, a dollar more. But paying the same as before, THAT'S the problem. This new bundled shipping is great for Americans, but if you aren't from the US, it's no better than before.

If orders were treated as just ONE order, regardless of whether it has shirts from promo, top-20, catalog, or shirt of the day, and thus only had one shipping charge, I can say that I for one would be willing to wait for the furthest back ship date between all shirts ordered to save on that absurdly high mixed shipping.

As Canadian, we are already getting hit with extra shipping US customers don't pay. Then we get hit with a horrible exchange rate, and at the end of it all the shipping takes FOREVER. You may ship in the daily shirt promptly, but we don't see it for at least a month, often closer to two. So waiting longer to bundle orders into one shipment, not a big deal. Paying an extra thirty to fifty bucks in shipping, I can find a better deal with ten other online shirt stores.

Add in the increasing number of defective shirts shipped out (something as of yet still unaddressed), the fact your Hoodies (pull, zip and jersey) don't cater to the same body size as the shirts, those awesome art prints that aren't available internationally... It's hard to be supportive of a business that seems not to care about its customer.

rlf3911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlf3911

I've ordered probably 5-10 woot shirts over the past few years. Just one at a time, that's how I shop.

The price has gone up, and the quality has gone down. I'll be sticking to checking out the artwork until there are changes.

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi
kisekileia wrote:ETA: It wasn't Paula Schneider. I just did a quick search and found that AA founder Dov Charney was finally fired in 2014 after a lengthy sexual harassment scandal. Link here: http://business.financialpost.com/2014/12/23/how-the-founder-and-ceo-of-american-apparel-went-from-mega-mogul-to-sleeping-on-a-friends-couch/

FYI, a shirt with a 19" wide chest measurement fits a woman with about a 36" chest, which is equivalent to a size 8. So what you're saying is that the industry standard is for an XL women's shirt to be equivalent to a standard size 8. For reference, the average American woman wears a size 12 to 14.

I call rimshot. The current ShirtWoot blanks are in line with women's actual sizing needs--the medium is 20" wide, which fits an average to slightly smaller than average female chest (roughly 36" to 38"). It is demonstrably obvious from the actual sizes of women that ShirtWoot's current women's shirts are sized more appropriately than the AA standard, which formerly left average to plus-size women unable to buy women's shirts at ShirtWoot that fit properly.

I would just like to add that while the change benefited 'average to plus-size women', it essentially shut out the ones who fit AA per.fect.ly. I am by no means a beanpole and considered myself pretty average sized, but with the Anvil blanks, I no longer have a size at Woot. I cannot buy shirts because the Anvil blanks are too big, and I find it pointless to purchase a shirt to just go out and have it resized to fit me. I haven't been able to buy a shirt for a few years now because, again, I no longer have a size. Plus the quality of the blanks are no longer up to par. So, I'm sorry, but I don't consider Anvil to be in line with women's sizing needs.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

I'm getting a sense that a lot of folks don't understand how shirt.woot operates:

The reason for separate shipping is because different groups of shirts are handled differently.

- The dailies are printed the same or next business day and shipped out. They are dependent on what blanks they have on the shelf, but being that they are printed so shortly after they're ordered, they get shipped out as such too. This is one group.
- Top 20 shirts are stocked on shelves and handled as warehouse stock, not as individual shirt stock. Different shipping means a different group.
- Side sales are grouped and batch printed separately; notice how they vary on their end sales and shipping start dates. Different side sales, different groups.
- Catalog sales are custom printed, one at a time. If you have multiple shirts in one order here, they'll be printed and grouped as one. But it's a different group.

Other shirt sites handle their international sales differently. Some strictly ship shelf stocked shirts (Threadless, TeeTurtle), so all orders are picked/shipped as one. Some are one-by-one only (many daily shirt sites) and every item is shipped individually with separate charges. Woot is somewhere between the two methods, hence separate shipping costs when orders are from different groups.

bluchez

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bluchez
Narfcake wrote:I'm getting a sense that a lot of folks don't understand how shirt.woot operates...

I think this is the crux of the problem with this entire pricing scheme. A customer should not be required to understand the ins and outs of the company's entire business model in order to place an order. Regardless if the pricing is good in theory, if it confusing to me when I look in my cart to understand why I am being charged what I am being charged, it will absolutely sour my experience and I will refrain from shopping at that (this) site.

When you make things more complicated or confusing, even if it saves me money, it sours my shopping experience more-so than it would have if I had been charged a few dollars more.

KhellSennet

Narfcake wrote:I'm getting a sense that a lot of folks don't understand how shirt.woot operates:

I fully understand how that works. But whether a shirt was printed and ready to go, printed on-demand, or mass produced on a specific date, there is no reason the company can't hold product and bundle it all into one order with one shipping charge. There is no excusable reason for them not to offer this. Hell, Amazon, the juggernaut of eCommerce INSISTS on it. You want their free shipping, you HAVE to wait for your stuff to all go out as one, because it's cheaper for them and cheaper for the consumer.

And ultimately, as said above, it's not the customer's job to understand the hurdles of a business. The customer buys, and anything on the back end happens without the customer's involvement. If the seller does silly anti-consumer things, customers go elsewhere. If the price is too high (product or shipping), the customer goes elsewhere. If the business sells defective products, the customer goes elsewhere. The customer's only job or concern is getting good value for their dollar.

MoemBC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoemBC

I just ordered my first shirt on here. I have to say, with international shipping being what it is, it will most likely be the last. I was unpleasantly surprised to see the shipping rate no earlier than on the checkout page, when I had been seeing nothing but the pretty flapping $5 bills before.
You can't really call it a flat fee if it only applies to citizens of one country in the whole wide world.

In any case, please make the international shipping fees more obvious! I've tried to look them up, and failed miserably and now I'm just sad. Buying fun stuff shouldn't make people sad.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

bluchez wrote:I think this is the crux of the problem with this entire pricing scheme. A customer should not be required to understand the ins and outs of the company's entire business model in order to place an order. Regardless if the pricing is good in theory, if it confusing to me when I look in my cart to understand why I am being charged what I am being charged, it will absolutely sour my experience and I will refrain from shopping at that (this) site.

When you make things more complicated or confusing, even if it saves me money, it sours my shopping experience more-so than it would have if I had been charged a few dollars more.

Valid points. If a previous post was of any hint, this might just be a short term way to increase sales (and get rid of a lot of blanks) anyways.

KhellSennet wrote:I fully understand how that works. But whether a shirt was printed and ready to go, printed on-demand, or mass produced on a specific date, there is no reason the company can't hold product and bundle it all into one order with one shipping charge. There is no excusable reason for them not to offer this.

There is reason: they're incapable of such a system. It's easy to say, but to implement such a system -- to physically hold an order for up to two weeks at a time, all the while there are thousands and thousands more orders every day of the same nature ...

Picture going to your local store. Now picture 20 baskets, all with some items inside them, which will be awaiting customers to pick up ... in two weeks. That 20 becomes 280; more, actually, because some folks ordered a lot.

Now multiply that times 100.

And what if there's a hit product that comes out, which sells over 5,000 in one day? And another product 4,000 the next day? And another 5,000? Will there be enough baskets? Enough space to hold these orders before shipping?

I can't picture it happening without a full restructuring in how shirt.woot operates. And that'll cost much more $$$. Yes, inefficiencies exist with JIT, but with the current workflow setup, a binning system would be much less efficient. Also given my previous issues in receiving the wrong shirts or the wrong quantity already, the error rate will probably be so significant as to further increase costs again.

The other option to eliminate this is to just not offer shipping outside the US. Is that any more preferable? It'll be just like back in the early days!

Hell, Amazon, the juggernaut of eCommerce INSISTS on it. You want their free shipping, you HAVE to wait for your stuff to all go out as one, because it's cheaper for them and cheaper for the consumer.

In spite of what is said on the order page, in all of my Amazon super-saver-shipping experiences, any delayed item(s) still shipped separately. That's in over a hundred orders between work and personal accounts. (No prime on any of the accounts.)

KhellSennet

Narfcake wrote:There is reason: they're incapable of such a system. It's easy to say, but to implement such a system -- to physically hold an order for up to two weeks at a time, all the while there are thousands and thousands more orders every day of the same nature ...

Picture going to your local store. Now picture 20 baskets, all with some items inside them, which will be awaiting customers to pick up ... in two weeks. That 20 becomes 280; more, actually, because some folks ordered a lot.

This is no different than what almost every other eBusiness and webstore has to deal with.

The bottom line, as previously said, is that customer's don't care (and should not be expected to care) about the logistics and behind-the-scenes activities of a company. All that matters from the user-end is that the product be priced right, available, and of sufficient quality.

Right now, Shirt.Woot has quality issues. That's one nail in the coffin, but if it's one shirt in ten, some people will look past that. Hell, nine in ten might never know. But then the international shipping becomes absurdly expensive, especially when someone tries to order multiple items. As said, not their job to understand or accept the reasons why - to the customer, all that they know is that a $8 shirt costs $18 delivered (more than doubled by shipping), and that bundling together lots of items doesn't spread that high cost amongst them. Of the three criteria for selling a product, the only one Shirt.Woot is succeeding on is availability, in that there are very few shirts in the catalog you can't order.

If Shirt.Woot could get things to where the international shipping were better, OR the quality of product was more reliable, it would be enough. However, to overpay in shipping and then get a defective product, not be offered a reprint but instead just a refund on the shirt (and not the shipping, which cost more than the damn product itself), and when you go back to replace the shirt yourself, it costs four bucks more than the refund and then have to pay shipping again?! THAT is bad business.

Fix the quality of shirts, the shipping isn't the end of the world. Fix the absurdly high shipping, and the odd lemon here and there isn't the end of the world. But I can't take both at once. Bad shirt with bad shipping is a deal breaker.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

KhellSennet wrote:This is no different than what almost every other eBusiness and webstore has to deal with.

There is a difference - production vs. procurement.

I'm not arguing your points - they're totally valid. Heck, I've been complaining about the blanks for how long? But I'm also pointing out why things are the way they are from the business side of this.

dontgiveashit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dontgiveashit

Just saved 7 dollars not buying a shirt. I was about to buy a shirt, but the 5 dollar shipping made me think twice. Almost wasted money. Thanks!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

dontgiveashit wrote:Just saved 7 dollars not buying a shirt. I was about to buy a shirt, but the 5 dollar shipping made me think twice. Almost wasted money. Thanks!

Because $7 + $5 shipping is different from $12 + $0 shipping?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Narfcake wrote:Because $7 + $5 shipping is different from $12 + $0 shipping?

1. 12+0=12, but 7+5=75
2. ITS ALL HOW YOU MARKET IT
3. I WAS TOLD THEIR WOOD B NO MATH

svengoolie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages svengoolie

I guarantee this is to boost sales. Woot certainly isn't at the popularity that it once was, and there are a lot of other daily shirt stores out there now. When they raised the price to $12, I'm sure sales dropped a lot from the $10 days.

They realized that if they charge the same amount, but consider $5 to be shipping, they can call it $7 for the shirt, and dumb people that thought $12 was too expensive will buy it!

I'm fine with this, just wanted to point out why they're really doing it.

tpohlman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpohlman

I've bought 3 or 4 shirts since the pricing changes. It was almost nostalgic to get shirts from woot again.

From the shirts I got, I thought the quality had possibly improved from the (2 or 3) other anvil shirts in my closet. Its possible the shirts are the same, and since my old woot shirts are starting to wear out they just seem better.

If woot keeps these prices going I might grab a couple more shirts now and again. Still nothing like the old AA days of a couple a week.

So keep the pricing changes, but bring back the optional AA!

suntailedshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suntailedshadow

This is totally Brilliant. Just bought two shirts today that I definitely wouldn't have if they were on the old pricing plan. Good job Woot!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

svengoolie wrote:... When they raised the price to $12, I'm sure sales dropped a lot from the $10 days. ...

The price didn't have much of any effect, as on the second day, the daily sold out its 6,000 allotment.

There are a multitude of factors that have contributed to the sales decline here ... which have been discussed with detail in other threads, so I won't reiterate them.

(... unless provoked.)

stevelopez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevelopez

The pricing works fine. Typically my wife ends up getting a shirt when I do. That being said I haven't bought a shirt that fit in forever. The last shirt I bought was in May of 2013, and that didn't fit at all.

An option to spend a little extra for a shirt that fits would be pretty rad. American apparel ones always fit us well. The last few shirts I got were all the same size, but each one fit completely different. I though I was gaining weight.

dboyd1089

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dboyd1089
skemmis wrote:We're definitely hearing this but want to make sure everybody is clear: You're paying the same for shirts shipped internationally as you were before (shipping has gone up, prices have gone down).

The only difference is that you don't get to take advantage of the bundling effect everybody else is getting if you buy from multiple event types. But international shipments have ALWAYS had to pay extra for purchasing across different event types.

Can you elaborate as to why international shipments have ALWAYS had to pay separate shipping when wanting to purchase across different "events"?

As a customer, I can't see why you would not make it more affordable for your customer to buy more shirts across different event types.

What I'd like to see: If I can order 5 shirts at a $10 shipping costs that's great (or whatever your math works out to be). If I order 6-10 shirt, put me in a new bracket for $15 for shipping.

As several people have now mentioned, why would we buy 3 shirts from different events and pay separate shipping for every shirt? To me as a customer, I'm buying X amount of shirts from the same site, at the same time, and I expect to get the best shipping rate possible. Your sales are all online and to maximize that, you think you'd have easy bundle shipping, regardless of what "event" you're purchasing from.

But again I'd like to ask my original question: Can you elaborate as to why international shipments have ALWAYS had to pay separate shipping when wanting to purchase across different "events"?

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

dboyd1089 wrote:... But again I'd like to ask my original question: Can you elaborate as to why international shipments have ALWAYS had to pay separate shipping when wanting to purchase across different "events"?

I'm not staff, but read my post above for why I think it's the way it is.

Mavyn

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn
Narfcake wrote:
(... unless provoked.)

*readies the stick of poking*

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester
Mavyn wrote:*readies the stick of poking*

*lights the end of the stick of poking*

Let'er rip!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

bluejester wrote:*lights the end of the stick of poking*

Let'er rip!

I summarized points a year and a half ago here ... so here's some expansion on that:

- The debut day price increase from $10 to $12.
This has been somewhat mitigated by the current bundling pricing. There's definitely potential to lower the price with the current pricing, but alas, in a day when Threadless' base price is $25, this lowers the perception of value at shirt.woot too. Granted, the lower price is because ...

- The change in blanks.
They got even worse! And I think this plays a much bigger factor nowadays, especially since Woot isn't distinguishing what will print on what. FWIW, I've ran across 3 mutants in thrift stores already.

- Quality control issues.
Still an issue.

- Woot's #1 volume artist, whose designs have sold over 300,000 shirts here in the past 4+ years, ventured out on his own.
I caught up with Ramy last summer and TT was still going through growing pains; production was maxed out! ... which in terms of business issues, it's not a bad one. That's since been fully addressed.

I estimate they've sold over 200k shirts in 2014 alone. No, their customer base didn't all come from here, but enough did; a telling sign is that cute doesn't sell anywhere near what it did 3+ years ago.

- The site redesign last year.
Largely moot now.

- Opening the back catalog, which is absolutely great for the artists, but removed the sense of urgency (aka impulse) to buy right away.
Still applies.

- Folks just plain burned out.
Still applies.

- The multitude of buying options, spreading thin the time that folks would've spent at shirt.woot otherwise.
Still applies.

- The overall drop in site traffic due to a combination of the above.
Still applies.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

I also noticed that, between the switch from AA and the catalog for old designs, the T Shirt trades have really decreased in number

tomoko59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomoko59
kalle3507 wrote:┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Lol.
👍

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Narfcake wrote:- The change in blanks.
They got even worse! And I think this plays a much bigger factor nowadays, especially since Woot isn't distinguishing what will print on what. FWIW, I've ran across 3 mutants in thrift stores already.

- Quality control issues.
Still an issue.

"if it doesn't fit, you must (ack!) quit"