danhoch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danhoch

I really love the color combination and the POP art is cool!

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Keep Calm, Carry a Cat

SSE. http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/p/keep-calm-and-carry-a-cat-4/

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Blown Away

I remember when the commercial came out. Dammit I'm old!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

taternuggets

quality posts: 26 Private Messages taternuggets
Narfcake wrote:I remember when the commercial came out. Dammit I'm old!

Narf, you spelled awesome wrong.

Nothing follows.

collinvh

quality posts: 70 Private Messages collinvh
Re: A girl, a cat, and a rabbit

This shirt design reminds me of an old friend of mine. GMV.

simic

quality posts: 15 Private Messages simic
Re: Sleeping Beagle

wow this is really good

MissyCorey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MissyCorey
Re: Mickey's Mustache Guide

A Disney twist on the mustache guides that hang in old barber shops. Incase you can't read the text in 600 pixels- Duke of Weselton, Zeus, Geppetto, Captain Hook, Walt, King Fergus, King Triton, The Emperor and Jafar.

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Re: Mickey's Mustache Guide

Great idea! For what it's worth, you may try another version with broader pop culture references and not just Disney. And then make the viewer do a little work to figure out what they are (people like that). For example, you have Mario's iconic mustache and say "the plumber", or Ron Swanson and say "the meat enthusiast". Just my two cents!

MissyCorey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MissyCorey
ChuckleNorris wrote:Great idea! For what it's worth, you may try another version with broader pop culture references and not just Disney. And then make the viewer do a little work to figure out what they are (people like that). For example, you have Mario's iconic mustache and say "the plumber", or Ron Swanson and say "the meat enthusiast". Just my two cents!

Thanks! And thanks for the idea- if I find time I might have to do another entry 😊

flemtone

quality posts: 16 Private Messages flemtone

Inatangle

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Real Run

LOL! Love the humor here!

Inatangle

Re: Feed The Fever

One of the noisier designs that I've seen in a Derby. I can hear it Clanging!

TommersP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TommersP
Re: Strange QWERTY

My first Entry to Shirt Woot!

Really enjoyed the process on this one.

Inatangle

Re: WANTED

Jennzilla wrote:Yup. It's Mario.

Oh, WOW!

I didn't read "the fine print" on your design until just now... Turtle stomping, thievery, plumbing without a licence, fireball arson, flagpole defacing...IT ALL FITS! LOL

And the portrait art, proper newsprint type coloring, extra wrinkles, staring flatfaced expression... A perfect fit for a police mugshot log...

This deserves lots and lots of votes! Mario Brothers Game Players, take a good look at this design! Yes, I know Mario isn't in living color, but he's the real deal!

6 stars out of 5.

Inatangle

TommersP wrote:My first Entry to Shirt Woot!

Hi Tommers,

This design is colorful and creative. I like it very much, and I voted for it.

I'm not sure if it will be considered "Pop Culture" enough. The "rejectionator" has been active on this Derby, so it is hard to say. I hope your design doesn't get rejected, but if it does, don't take it too hard. I don't know of any shirt artists who haven't had a rejection for one reason or another. (Now watch a bunch of them speak up and prove me wrong! lol)

I'm not a shirt designer, but I do a lot of commenting on Derby entries. For what it's worth, welcome to Shirt Woot Derby world, and good luck!

Inatangle

Re: Everything Great

rocketrandy46 wrote:Perfect for the season, holidays and election.

Election... Did you have to say election? Your design mixes one of my favorite things, (pumpkin) with one of my least favorite things, (this year's November election.)

Nonetheless, good luck with this design.

TommersP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TommersP
Inatangle wrote:Hi Tommers,

I'm not sure if it will be considered "Pop Culture" enough. The "rejectionator" has been active on this Derby, so it is hard to say. I hope your design doesn't get rejected, but if it does, don't take it too hard. I don't know of any shirt artists who haven't had a rejection for one reason or another. (Now watch a bunch of them speak up and prove me wrong! lol)

I'm not a shirt designer, but I do a lot of commenting on Derby entries. For what it's worth, welcome to Shirt Woot Derby world, and good luck!

Hey, Thanks for your the heads up. I can see the possibility of this getting rejected. No worries if it does. I had fun making it so if it doesn't work out on this derby I'm cool with that.

I appreciate the warm welcome :D

Inatangle

Re: sorry to break it to you

ApeLad wrote:Someone had to tell you at some point.

No....no! The truth is so hard to bear!!!!

Inatangle

Re: Buying in Bulk

Buying in bulk... the Incredible Hulk.

Good one! Colorful humorous, fun! gmv

Inatangle

Sleeping Beauty... or at least Sleeping Cutie.

I voted for this one... and so did my doggie!

Inatangle

Re: RIPLEY 2016

6amcrisis wrote:I say we take off and nuke the entire election from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Here, here!

(I'm not sure why this shirt is called "Ripley" but it put's me in mind of Ripley's Believe it or Not. As in Believe it or Not, 2016 is the year of the weirdest, strangest, most polarized election ever....)

Inatangle

Re: Hyrule Pottery

Great designing, Great design! Best of all, you got me grinning; you got my vote.

Inatangle

Re: My Neighbor Totochu

LOL! Well, Fishbiscuit, I can tell that you're still running around your neighborhood pokemon chasing!

Inatangle

Cute. Very appealing. Something very familiar about this scene... oh gosh. I think that strange girl could be ME!

Inatangle

Re: Oh! Mr. Goodbar! (One More Game)

Uh-oh... It's the dreaded CREAM hue!

You had better re-sub this on a color that is "legal"....

Inatangle

Testing... 123.... a comment I had just failed to post...

acraigl

quality posts: 188 Private Messages acraigl
Inatangle wrote:Here, here!

(I'm not sure why this shirt is called "Ripley" but it put's me in mind of Ripley's Believe it or Not. As in Believe it or Not, 2016 is the year of the weirdest, strangest, most polarized election ever....)

Ripley was the character played by Sigourney Weaver in Alien/s

VOTE! >>

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
Inatangle wrote:Testing... 123.... a comment I had just failed to post...

It was a weirdo thing momentarily on the back end. The devs have had their coffee and are watching to make sure things don't tweak again.

transformingegg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages transformingegg
TommersP wrote:My first Entry to Shirt Woot!

Inatangle wrote:Hi Tommers,

TommersP wrote:Hey, Thanks for your the heads up. I can see the possibility of this getting rejected. No worries if it does. I had fun making it so if it doesn't work out on this derby I'm cool with that.

I appreciate the warm welcome :D

Hey TommersP Welcome aboard!

To be honest I think you nailed the brief with this one. Not sure if you picked it up Inatangle, but the very popcultury "Stranger Things" series has a scene where lights are used to communicate with letters on a wall. And this is a funny take on that, rearranging the letters to be a "real life" letter combination of a qwerty keyboard. So pretty well exactly Pop Culture in Real Life from what I can see. Well done! GMV

Inatangle

transformingegg wrote:Hey TommersP Welcome aboard!

To be honest I think you nailed the brief with this one. Not sure if you picked it up Inatangle, but the very popcultury "Stranger Things" series has a scene where lights are used to communicate with letters on a wall. And this is a funny take on that, rearranging the letters to be a "real life" letter combination of a qwerty keyboard. So pretty well exactly Pop Culture in Real Life from what I can see. Well done! GMV

No, I didn't realize that. I'm delighted to learn that this design IS "pop" enough! And to think that I liked the design without even realizing that!

Thanks transegg... I need all of the help I can get! lol

I hope this design picks up a lot more votes! :D

transformingegg

Inatangle wrote:No, I didn't realize that. I'm delighted to learn that this design IS "pop" enough! And to think that I liked the design without even realizing that!

Thanks transegg... I need all of the help I can get! lol

I hope this design picks up a lot more votes! :D

No worries Inatangle, "Stranger things" is relatively new to pop culture land but is picking up pace fast by the look of it. A few other stranger things entries in this derby as an indicator of this.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 47 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Death is Hollow

Thanks for your comments, guys! I love them.

Just in case someone is missing the reference, heres is a link:

flemtone

quality posts: 16 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Super Accident

NO CAPES!!

ColtsMere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ColtsMere

Wait, what?! There's a DOG shirt doing well at CatWoot?! I feel the universe tilting! I love it! Great artwork!

stiluk35

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stiluk35

Awesome Job!

Re: Papa Fett

yazmoq

quality posts: 18 Private Messages yazmoq

Beautiful. Love the perfect 'day dreaming' expression you gave Alice. gmv.

yazmoq

Re: Mushroom

Very nice indeed. Looks so real!

yazmoq

Re: WANTED

haha! perfect!

Jennzilla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jennzilla
Inatangle wrote:Oh, WOW!

I didn't read "the fine print" on your design until just now... Turtle stomping, thievery, plumbing without a licence, fireball arson, flagpole defacing...IT ALL FITS! LOL

And the portrait art, proper newsprint type coloring, extra wrinkles, staring flatfaced expression... A perfect fit for a police mugshot log...

This deserves lots and lots of votes! Mario Brothers Game Players, take a good look at this design! Yes, I know Mario isn't in living color, but he's the real deal!

6 stars out of 5.

Hey, thanks for the great review! As always, you are the best wooter to ever woot. <3

transformingegg

Re: Monday ZombDay

Hi Kimggmorris, You've got some great skills there! Last derby inatangle let you know it is only 6 colours that are allowed, good to see you lower the colour count on this one.

You are going to need to consider the way you generate your images from your sketches though. What you will need to end up with is only 6 exact colors to your image. You'd have problems getting a print unless you can get that down. Currently the way you colored the zombie cup for example is actually a large number of green colors rather than just one colour "green", and each of those green colors counts towards the 6 you are allowed to use. You can see where the overlap of your highlighter or texter makes a darker green at times (creating more "green" colours than is appropriate.

I use a process with programs called GIMP and Inkscape to help convert hand drawn images and color them once they are already electronic (and I am careful to use only 6 colours when colouring them).

A couple of other things to know / learn about in order to make sure you are only using 6 colours are Halftones and Antialiasing

I hope that is somehow helpful. Ignore it if it isn't helpful. It would be great to see you stick around and enter more derbies.