acraigl

quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
giraffalot wrote:I don't get it. Witch = Log = Duck = Witch... ? Why?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference. There are several in this derby.

hopsof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hopsof

I feel link a fox is a type of cat :/

Re: My Kind of Science

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 31 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

giraffalot wrote:I don't get it. Witch = Log = Duck = Witch... ? Why?

This might help-

simic

quality posts: 14 Private Messages simic
Re: Logical Reasoning

Thanks for the clips, acraigl and TaylorSwiftsHaircut. I was just searching for it but had to change a nasty diaper.

giraffalot,
They basically make fun of Medieval "science" and witch trials. My wife didn't get the reference either but it is a popular theme woot.
Also, inspired by:

simic

Inatangle wrote:Simic, do us all a favor and run for the presidency. This shirt alone makes more sense than all of the candidates already running!

"Simic'16! "
Write me in! Whenever I see a politician running unopposed on the ballot, I write my name in.

simic

simic

Re: Periodic Table of Cartoons

They totally made a request for you to make this in the derby description.

Narfcake

quality posts: 380 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: C is for Chemistry

Great design, but I feel this is really stretching it too far on parody/fair use when it comes to the fuzzy blue spider ...

BTW, the molecules are glucose (sugar).

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

acraigl

simic wrote:Thanks for the clips, acraigl and TaylorSwiftsHaircut. I was just searching for it but had to change a nasty diaper.

giraffalot,
They basically make fun of Medieval "science" and witch trials. My wife didn't get the reference either but it is a popular theme woot.
Also, inspired by:

That's awesome. Your design just bumped a bit with that reference. Nice job simic!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

hopsof wrote:I feel link a fox is a type of cat :/

Cats go meow. Foxes go ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding. So no, not a cat.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: The Experiment

Very pleasing. GMV!

Jennzilla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jennzilla
wingsandhearts wrote:I never comment, but I just had to, on this design. As a small child my mom would play the beatles on our hi fi, and I'd rest my head against the speaker cabinet. Ear safety, right? Anyway I thought the beatles were inside the speakers. I was a toddler, but I imagined (no pun intended) that John lived in there.

That's so cool! My Dad used to tell me there was a little band playing in the radio, and I thought it was the funniest thing. <3

Jennzilla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jennzilla
Inatangle wrote:I knew it... I KNEW it! :D :D :D gmv

Thanks!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: eleMentos of Surprise

Very subtle with the atomic weights, though I will nitpick that 33.814 oz. is one liter (1L), not two (2L).

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Pondering Noms

NARF!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Coffee Science

All the happy faces add a nice touch ... especially since I'm on my third cup of coffee already today.

acraigl

Narfcake wrote:Very subtle with the atomic weights, though I will nitpick that 33.814 oz. is one liter (1L), not two (2L).

Doh! Thanks Narf. I'll get that fixed in the final art.

acraigl

Re: Science Ruins Everything

Haha, totally. Nice job. Smart of you to avoid religion.

kellabell9

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kellabell9
Re: Mad Science Club

Love the deco look!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Frankenscience

Simple, yet cute.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Zombie Antidote

Replace that cup with a whole coffee pot ... and that's more representative of me.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Wise in the ways of Science

Have we been able to recreate MPatHG in its entirety through shirts yet? If not yet, we need to.

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
Re: Mind blown

The look on that little guy's face is awesome!

kg07

Re: Coffee Science

Nicely done. Anyone can do a shirt about coffee/cats/MontyPython/sarcasm, but it is the designs that are done well that get the votes. +1

kg07

Narfcake wrote:Have we been able to recreate MPatHG in its entirety through shirts yet? If not yet, we need to.

kg07

Narfcake wrote:Have we been able to recreate MPatHG in its entirety through shirts yet? If not yet, we need to.

kg07

I will now take this on as a moral imperative.

kg07

Re: Zombie Antidote

I love the style of the characters that you create. Great Design!

kg07

Narfcake wrote:Great design, but I feel this is really stretching it too far on parody/fair use when it comes to the fuzzy blue spider ...

BTW, the molecules are glucose (sugar).

The line is definitely not clear to those of us designing these potential shirts. Woot printed what was (obviously) the Cookie Monster last week, so it is not clear what is allowed. I understand that woot can't really define what is or is not acceptable, but more feedback on why stuff is rejected would be helpful. Also, not rejecting designs just because they are not currently getting enough votes to be relevant, is not helpful for future derby participants.

kg07

Re: Pondering Noms

Really nicely done! I think I want this more as a tv show on netflix than a shirt, but got my vote in the derby as a first step to that end.

acraigl

Re: eleMentos of Surprise

Narf, corrected. Thanks for the catch.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kg07 wrote:The line is definitely not clear to those of us designing these potential shirts. Woot printed what was (obviously) the Cookie Monster last week, so it is not clear what is allowed. I understand that woot can't really define what is or is not acceptable, but more feedback on why stuff is rejected would be helpful. Also, not rejecting designs just because they are not currently getting enough votes to be relevant, is not helpful for future derby participants.

No arguments here. Indeed, the line is not clear, as it also varies between IP/trademark holders. Some are more likely to serve C&Ds than others.

Since I don't foresee Woot going down the licensing route like Ramy did in the past year, all I can say is tread carefully when it comes to referencing IP; there's always a chance of rejection.

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Science Dress Code ver.2

What the heck without the bottom tag line. thanks for the advice.

Inatangle

quality posts: 119 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Science Dress Code

acraigl wrote:Funny, GMV. FWIW, I don't think you need the text on the bottom. The picture alone captures the stereotype quite well.

Actually, I think you forgot the labcoat!

(Of your two versions, I like this one better... but I voted for both of 'em. Good luck! :D)

Inatangle

Re: OOOO Science

Aha! Apparently, a mad scientist is afoot...!

Inatangle

Re: Science Ruins Everything

Great design! You could have put a unicorn in there also... gmv

Inatangle

Re: Unexpected Results

Poor little guy... I can identify with this.

Inatangle

Re: Scientific Moron

LOL! This shirt inspires me to sing; (to the tune of "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy";)

I'm a scientific Moron,
Atoms (and Eves) are not my thing...
Protons,Neutrons, and electro-lites,
To my mind insanity they bring...

Hmmmmm.... I'd better stop there before I get booted off of Shirt Woot for being looney tunes... :P :D

Inatangle

Re: Vote. Period.

But I don't wanna vote this year...

Update:

Actually... I LOVE voting... in Woot Derbies, that is! So I've just voted for your design.

Inatangle

Re: Frankenscience

Ooooooh.... such a pretty green! I bet if I drank what is in that beaker, I'd glow in the dark! :D :D :D