acraigl

quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
jrberger wrote:That was listed as the reason it got rejected last time.

But it was changed to avoid the rejection reason. I think it's OK now.

jnolen85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnolen85

jnolen85

jrberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrberger
acraigl wrote:But it was changed to avoid the rejection reason. I think it's OK now.

It's a parody of the Mario Bros. cover. I just figured we weren't allowed to use that but I may have read it wrong.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Super Ugly Gaming Sweater

So good, love the composition! Yay sweaters

jnolen85

jnolen85

Re: Reach For The Stars

Lol, Poor lil fella on the bottom.

PixelPants

quality posts: 74 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Super Ugly Gaming Sweater

Definitely looks more super than ugly.

PixelPants

quality posts: 74 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Asteroid?

You make it look easy, but it's a lot of work to execute a simple concept so well.
The first two thumbnails that caught my eye and I clicked on from the fog were yours.

Narfcake

quality posts: 380 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

agingdragqueen wrote:... It's really skill, luck and harassment will net you votes. ...

It mostly boils down skill and perhaps a pinch of luck. Having a fanbase is nice, but 100% not necessary; if your art is something that Wooters like, the votes will follow.

To expand on this a little ...
- The highest selling design here ever was the artist's very first week entering the derby.
- The two top selling artists here use(d) ZERO promotions. One has more prints than posts (I joke that his keyboard is missing or broken). The other is no longer active here, but when he was, he did not use signatures or social media to promote his entries ... which was good because his current company has 800k+ likes.
- A good number of prints and submissions here are by folks with day jobs. They're teachers, lawyers, programmers, IT geeks, med. students, etc. -- all that matters is the artwork.
- Cats. Printing a catshirt is a rite of passage here. =^.^=

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

acraigl

jrberger wrote:It's a parody of the Mario Bros. cover. I just figured we weren't allowed to use that but I may have read it wrong.

Oh, I see what you mean. All the Nintendo game boxes of that era had basically the same style and layout. Now that the direct Mario references have been removed, I think it comes off as more a generic box.

letterq

quality posts: 3 Private Messages letterq
Re: Sole Survivor

Woaahhh awesome!

giraffalot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giraffalot
Re: 48kb of RAM

Any love for the good old ZX spectrum here? Or was it just a UK thing? They're actually bringing out a handheld version on indiegogo with 1000 games built in next month . Mine is ordered and I can't wait.

--------------------------------
Vote for Dungeons & Dragons!

letterq

Ahah!!! Brilliant!

letterq

Re: Fatal Fantasy VII

So much YES

Love the logo!

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas
Re: Duck Hunter

Cool, Kevlar.

ochopika

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

acraigl wrote:Ouch, too bad. I liked this one.

Yea I wouldn't have rejected but Bandai just recently made us take down some of our pac-man designs. They would have definitely seen this one too if it printed.

acraigl

Wow, Rejectionator is out in force today. Note to self: Never do a Pac-Man design.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit

Thanks a lot guys! I am pretty proud of this one- I've often wondered if the CHOZO in Metroid were directly inspired by the Space Jockey from Alien.

omarfeliciano wrote:You are the Alien to my Predator. Love it!

hleeperk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hleeperk
Re: Vintage Gamer

Oh! Mr. Goodbar! YES! This should be the winner, hands down! I will buy this (if it's possible) whether it wins or not. I want to buy one now! :D

collinvh

quality posts: 70 Private Messages collinvh
acraigl wrote:Oh, I see what you mean. All the Nintendo game boxes of that era had basically the same style and layout. Now that the direct Mario references have been removed, I think it comes off as more a generic box.

I'd have to agree. Should be safe. If it showed the brick modeling or a fireball that'd be something else but it's okay bros.

Inatangle

quality posts: 120 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Tet-mas Tree

Super! I can just hear the Tetris music playing in the background... I sure hope this prints, because I NEED this one!

Inatangle

Re: PokéInvaders

Gosh... pretty! I love all of the colors! I bet Fishbiscuit will love this design too... I believe she's a professional Pokemon Go player...lol

Inatangle

Re: Sounds Pixelated

Oh Christmas trees, oh Christmas trees,
How lovely are your pixels...

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
ochopika wrote:Yea I wouldn't have rejected but Bandai just recently made us take down some of our pac-man designs. They would have definitely seen this one too if it printed.

More like banned, ayyyyyy

Inatangle

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Pac Moon

Alas ...

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

giraffalot wrote:Any love for the good old ZX spectrum here? Or was it just a UK thing? They're actually bringing out a handheld version on indiegogo with 1000 games built in next month . Mine is ordered and I can't wait.

Just the UK. We got the ZX81 (with 1k ram) in the US, however. I have one somewhere in my garage.

Inatangle

Re: Fall of the Ancients

Great idea, great job! gmv

Inatangle

Re: Pac Moon

Narfcake wrote:Alas ...

Fudge... a beautiful job on this, but I'm afraid that Narfcake is right. This design will probably get the boot... it's got my vote for now, anyway.

Inatangle

Re: A Boy and His Dog

Neat! Beautiful job!

Inatangle

Re: Yo! louise

LOL! I hate to admit it, but I feel an identity with this character... :P

Inatangle

Re: Tempest

Sharp looking design!

mcobutte

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Potato Power

Wasn't this in a recent derby?

lonelypond

quality posts: 667 Private Messages lonelypond

This was my favorite game (sans the dinosaurs); it got me through teenage babysitting years. I would just spin madly and shoot.

lonelypond

Re: Meowtal Kombat

Puntastic

lonelypond

Re: Indy Game

ha!

zombiemedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombiemedia

I was never any good at SF2...