agingdragqueen wrote:... It's really skill, luck and harassment will net you votes. ...
It mostly boils down skill and perhaps a pinch of luck. Having a fanbase is nice, but 100% not necessary; if your art is something that Wooters like, the votes will follow.
To expand on this a little ...
- The highest selling design here ever was the artist's very first week entering the derby.
- The two top selling artists here use(d) ZERO promotions. One has more prints than posts (I joke that his keyboard is missing or broken). The other is no longer active here, but when he was, he did not use signatures or social media to promote his entries ... which was good because his current company has 800k+ likes.
- A good number of prints and submissions here are by folks with day jobs. They're teachers, lawyers, programmers, IT geeks, med. students, etc. -- all that matters is the artwork.
- Cats. Printing a catshirt is a rite of passage here. =^.^=
No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS!
Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.
Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support