flemtone

quality posts: 15 Private Messages flemtone
Re: The Grammys!

I'd love to be able to see the entire design...

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
kg07 wrote:Well, images of politicians used in a very clear parody situation are generally acceptable. Of course, I am not a lawyer and woot can just choose not to include this entry as an honorable mention if they don't like it or are worried about negative tweets from the Donald.

Get real, all tweets from TD are negative! Look out Woot; it's been nice doing business with you. We'll miss you.

julielstevens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages julielstevens
Re: Can't Let It Go

BRILLIANT!!!!!

TreehouseArt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TreehouseArt
rasabi wrote:The 16th prez's lifestyle as edified by a bunch of his quotes [as presented in a solid block of text, straight from my .doc to your eyeballs]:

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. A house divided against itself cannot stand. Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Whatever you are, be a good one. Let us at all times remember that all American citizens are brothers of a common country, and should dwell together in the bonds of fraternal feeling. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends? Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

I just love this idea. so well executed!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1

Deadest derby on record?

acraigl

quality posts: 181 Private Messages acraigl
thatquietgir1 wrote:Deadest derby on record?

Was thinking the same. I've unfortunately been busy like 3 weekends in a row and haven't been able to submit since DarWinning (and won't again today ).

Maybe the prompt didn't resonate with some of the artists? Hoping the art theme will provide more inspiration.

thatquietgir1

acraigl wrote:Was thinking the same. I've unfortunately been busy like 3 weekends in a row and haven't been able to submit since DarWinning (and won't again today ).

Maybe the prompt didn't resonate with some of the artists? Hoping the art theme will provide more inspiration.

At least that double win will take care of ya for a bit ;)

I was referring more to the voter turn out. I expect the art theme will help with submissions and votes, but it almost seems pointless to submit if there is no activity on the page.

acraigl

quality posts: 181 Private Messages acraigl
thatquietgir1 wrote:At least that double win will take care of ya for a bit ;)

I was referring more to the voter turn out. I expect the art theme will help with submissions and votes, but it almost seems pointless to submit if there is no activity on the page.

Part of the problem is the promo email has been either going out late (as it did for this one) or not at all. It's not a silver bullet but usually results in a Wed-Thurs voter bump.

We need to incentivise the voting population somehow. Another round of 'vote to win a coupon' that they did about a year ago might help. It's also been a while since they did a banner on the shirt main page.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates
acraigl wrote:Part of the problem is the promo email has been either going out late (as it did for this one) or not at all. It's not a silver bullet but usually results in a Wed-Thurs voter bump.

We need to incentivise the voting population somehow. Another round of 'vote to win a coupon' that they did about a year ago might help. It's also been a while since they did a banner on the shirt main page.

They should do some randomly win a Basket of Chocolate for voting, That would sky rocket the votes... And what would that really cost?!

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

acraigl wrote:Part of the problem is the promo email has been either going out late (as it did for this one) or not at all. It's not a silver bullet but usually results in a Wed-Thurs voter bump.

We plan to start ramping up promotions for voting and other community participation on social channels as well. This weekend is the Emerald City Comicon, so we'll actually be physically interacting with potential new members.

One of the things that I am most excited to tell people about is our community of positive and supportive forum users. You guys really are something special, and the feedback you give artists (new and familiar) is fantastic.

If you're not following us on Facebook and Instagram you should be. We're going to be sharing some fun Comicon photos

thatquietgir1

benjaminleebates wrote:They should do some randomly win a Basket of Chocolate for voting, That would sky rocket the votes... And what would that really cost?!

I think that's a great idea.

Narfcake

quality posts: 377 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:... This weekend is the Emerald City Comicon, so we'll actually be physically interacting with potential new members. ...

Woo!

(Maybe pay a visit to booth 2502 while you're there too.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

Narfcake wrote:Woo!

(Maybe pay a visit to booth 2502 while you're there too.)

What's at that booth??

Narfcake

quality posts: 377 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:What's at that booth??

Some shirt company that a certain someone started one day after "the change".

Ocho will know.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

Narfcake wrote:Some shirt company that a certain someone started one day after "the change".

Ocho will know.

Damn your riddles Narfcake! Will you ever reveal the truth?!