krittikae


quality posts: 28 Private Messages krittikae
Spiritgreen wrote:You are the 100,000th derby submission!

::balloons::



I'd like to thank the Academy for this incredible honor! I have to thank my manager, Arnold Beefhat, for always believing a kid from Podunk America can make it in this crazy business. Thanks to all the people that helped make this possible. Mike in Purchasing, Jerry in Accounts Receivable, Glenda in Engineering, gosh, the music already? Well, you all know who you are. Thank you to my family. I love you! Thank you all!

Vote!

Check out my catalog!

thatquietgir1


quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Lost In Space



so good !

acraigl


quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
Re: All Your Woot Are Belong to Us.



Hey yazmoq. Always dig the soft look you create -- still have no idea how you do this.

Did you get any feedback on shading the logo like you did? I had interpreted the instructions as leave it alone, but the treatment you've applied (appropriately for the design) seems to be OK with them. Just curious.

acraigl


quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
krittikae wrote:I'd like to thank the Academy for this incredible honor! I have to thank my manager, Arnold Beefhat, for always believing a kid from Podunk America can make it in this crazy business. Thanks to all the people that helped make this possible. Mike in Purchasing, Jerry in Accounts Receivable, Glenda in Engineering, gosh, the music already? Well, you all know who you are. Thank you to my family. I love you! Thank you all!



merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
fishbiscuit5 wrote:This is cool! +1



Thanks fishbiscuit($)

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!!!

merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
acraigl wrote:I'm in agreement, but worry that that the skewed exclamation point might be breaking the rules. It could be prudent to have another version that seemed more highlight, and less logo-like.


Ha you noticed the kerplunk (for lack of a better word) is a stretched out woot! All the others (the big bubble and all the tiny splashes) are only scaled- not stretched. I'm not sure what you mean by more highlight. Do you mean softer lines? Thanks for the feedback- I had several variations of this design in mind but this was the most complete one I had at posting time. :]

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!!!

acraigl


quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
merlindylan wrote:Ha you noticed the kerplunk (for lack of a better word) is a stretched out woot! All the others (the big bubble and all the tiny splashes) are only scaled- not stretched. I'm not sure what you mean by more highlight. Do you mean softer lines? Thanks for the feedback- I had several variations of this design in mind but this was the most complete one I had at posting time. :]



I just meant it was obvious that it was a skewed logo. The rules were pretty specific about altering it, so I was only suggesting making it look less like like the logo to avoid a possible DQ.

mapinto


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
L3g3ndQ wrote:i would have liked it much better had you used the woot monkeys instead of storm troopers.



Friend of mine mentioned that too... after the fact.

yazmoq


quality posts: 18 Private Messages yazmoq
acraigl wrote:Hey yazmoq. Always dig the soft look you create -- still have no idea how you do this.

Did you get any feedback on shading the logo like you did? I had interpreted the instructions as leave it alone, but the treatment you've applied (appropriately for the design) seems to be OK with them. Just curious.



Thanks mate. I'm fond of your work as well.
The shading on the logo is on a separate layer, if woot decides to use this design, I won't mind one bit if they choose to remove that layer.
Thank you.

mcobutte


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Missed Me



Except for a few, we don't know if the rest of the stormtroopers look like monkeys, under their lousy armour

merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
acraigl wrote:I just meant it was obvious that it was a skewed logo. The rules were pretty specific about altering it, so I was only suggesting making it look less like like the logo to avoid a possible DQ.


Oh OK- I get it now. Yeah, I thought about treating that differently but ran out of time to tinker with it. Thanks for the advise acraigl.

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!!!

merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
Re: Ninja Mess



I love the one eating sushi! Mmm, sushi. Now I'm hungry.

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!!!

merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
Re: All Your Woot Are Belong to Us.



So fluffy-I WANT TO DIE!!!

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!!!

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Woot Hoots

Wooty things.

acraigl


quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Woot bag of fun


Cute! GMV.

mcobutte


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Woot bag of fun



A vote this one, is it a deal of approval?😂

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
mcobutte wrote:A vote this one, is it a deal of approval?😂



lol, seal of approval.. lol

ochopika


quality posts: 30 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

mcobutte wrote:Many of these designs would be great on a tee, or a tote, but then a royalty would need to be paid to the inspired artist



If we decide to put them on other things to sell on our site then we'd pay the usual royalties.

ochopika


quality posts: 30 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Spiritgreen wrote:You are the 100,000th derby submission!

::balloons::



Wow, lol. We should make a forum badge for you.

scrabblefish


quality posts: 29 Private Messages scrabblefish
Re: Hold Still!


Postal workers will have to take Dramamine to deliver this one! Haha!

moniquevh24


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moniquevh24


Re: Kitty Litter



I LOVE this bag! I really hope this prints babe. Great design. ❤

mcobutte


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Lost In Space



I wonder which discount website he bought his cable,not woot!🐱

mcobutte


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Woot Splash



Bad luck, maybe a stretched monkey resub?🐒

acraigl


quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Woot Splash



I was afraid of that. Sorry man.

mcobutte


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Woot bag of fun


Spell check strikes again, a vote for this is a seal of approval?🐬

PixelPants


quality posts: 74 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: DoodleBags


Playful use of pattern that does not appear too repetitive. Really like the alternate versions of your characters.

amcrider


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amcrider
Re: Otter Space



Exercise er'bunny's right to vote! The Impatient Pirate

oneshoeoff


quality posts: 7 Private Messages oneshoeoff
Re: DoodleBags




Thanks Spiritgreen and Pixelpants! My clever son pointed out that owls sleep during the DAY, so I'll fix that moon and stars.

wottwin


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wottwin
Re: Woot Hoots



Super cute!

wottwin


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wottwin
Re: Vortex Of Amazing



Nicely done!

wottwin


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wottwin
Re: Adventure Awaits!



Exciting and adventurous! Nicely done.

wottwin


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wottwin
Re: Balanced woot



Beautiful line drawing!

wottwin


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wottwin
Re: Madness



I just want to pick him up! Great artwork.

RobatArmy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobatArmy
wottwin wrote:Nicely done!



Thanks!

acraigl


quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Woot bag of fun



This should have more votes. Sadly, I can only offer one.

lvnar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvnar
wottwin wrote:Beautiful line drawing!



Thank you!

merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
Re: Woot Drip Resub


OK, I was late to the party and then shot myself in the foot. REJECTION!! :{

I'm back from the hospital now. So, here's my resub. I tried to make some improvements. Hopefully, people will vote for it again. :> Thanks

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!!!

merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
acraigl wrote:I was afraid of that. Sorry man.



You called it acraigl!!! It's probably too late now but I posted a resub. I made a few changes-- hopefully improvements.

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!!!

acraigl


quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Woot Drip Resub



GMV for the resub. Plenty of time left in this derby. Good luck!

merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
mcobutte wrote:Bad luck, maybe a stretched monkey resub?🐒



I posted a resub. Hopefully, an improvement on than the original. No monkey though.

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!!!