jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
KtCallista wrote:Did they drag you back here just for that?

Pretty much 😂

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Woo-hoo, got our income tax refund today!

i wish i had income to tax.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 11 Private Messages marlenestclair
mbspell wrote:a friend mentioned decluttering for lent instead of giving something up. my husband hates clutter, so I decided to do this. I cleaned out a bookcase, some clothes, and a couple totes so far. just purged a few things in the kitchen as well.

Yeah that is what I have been doing....its amazing when you purge stuff you don't use, its so much easier to find things. Easier to clean too. There are a lot of organization ideas free online. I buy a lot of lidded, stackable boxes, especially when I get a good deal with coupons like at Michaels or AC Moore. There are a lot of other ways you can go about it too. I'm a crafter, so you can just imagine all the bits and bobs I have!

x9

This space for rent.

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

Been down with the flu since Monday night. I don't think I've ever been this sick. And now Oogie has it too.

pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady
moles1138 wrote:Been down with the flu since Monday night. I don't think I've ever been this sick. And now Oogie has it too.

Sorry to hear that. That's a long time to have it. Hope you (both) feel better soon.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady

RIP Chuck Berry

pooflady

Happy Birthday, TT. Hope there's a margarita somewhere in your plans for the day.

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev

Happy Birthday TT!!!!!

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

moles1138

moles1138

pooflady wrote:RIP Chuck Berry

Oh poop.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1005 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Thank you for the birthday wishes. No margarita today - working. But tomorrow for sure as we're going to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell

good news:

bad news:
I need 1,000,000 xp to get to level 34

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Thank you for the birthday wishes. No margarita today - working. But tomorrow for sure as we're going to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

I've never been to Ruth's Chris, is it good? I assume so.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:I've never been to Ruth's Chris, is it good? I assume so.

we love Ruth's Chris. delicious steaks!

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev
mbspell wrote:we love Ruth's Chris. delicious steaks!

We don't have one around here.

I don't understand the name.

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

no1

hot72chev wrote:We don't have one around here.

I don't understand the name.

according to the wikipedia article on the topic, "chris" opened the original restaurant, then sold it to "ruth." the original building burned down, so ruth moved the restaurant to another location. the original terms of sale said the original name could only be used at the original address, so ruth named the new location "ruth's chris" to maintain some continuity with the old place while not exactly reusing the old name.

moles1138

Kinda like our Retz's Laconi's II.
Laconi's was a "beloved" local Italian restaurant. After they closed for some years it was reopened by a family member who had married into the Retz family. Same recipes. Not sure why not just Laconi's II.

moles1138

pooflady wrote:Sorry to hear that. That's a long time to have it. Hope you (both) feel better soon.

I've been cleared to go back to work. Looking forward to it just because I've been a bit stir crazy. Mbspell (and the nurse) said I'll be dealing with the cough for weeks.

Oogie is doing okay. Fighting it off better than I did.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:I've been cleared to go back to work. Looking forward to it just because I've been a bit stir crazy. Mbspell (and the nurse) said I'll be dealing with the cough for weeks.

Oogie is doing okay. Fighting it off better than I did.

I started throwing up last night and thought, oh, crap, caught it from Moles through the monitor, but I'm pretty sure it was something I ate (something I was fed) at my son's. I seem to be over it except for being warmer than usual.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hey all.

Took a mental health day yesterday. My boss basically told me not to come in! New boss has so much better thoughts flexible hours. Former boss wanted the office staffed 9-6 every day even if we were working evenings or weekends (or both). Needed the mental health as I spent the day keeping from becoming a gibbering mess in a straight jacket by binge watching My Little Pony. I have no regrets, other than never making it to the fabric store.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1

KtCallista wrote:binge watching My Little Pony

... um. that can't be good for you.

mbspell

no1 wrote:... um. that can't be good for you.

agreed.... :O

marlenestclair

TT, happy belated birthday, I have been busy with my family. I had a colonoscopy, my husband is passing kidney stones, my sister got her first smart phone and I am teaching her how to use it, we live 8 hours away whoooo.
KT, mental health days are the reason I can't work anymore. Long story.
Poof, Moles, and Oogie, hope you are all on the mend!

x9

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:TT, happy belated birthday, I have been busy with my family. I had a colonoscopy, my husband is passing kidney stones, my sister got her first smart phone and I am teaching her how to use it, we live 8 hours away whoooo.

I'm fine, thank you. Husband had a colonoscopy last week. I made two big boxes of lime Jello for him and he didn't touch it. I ended up eating most of it. But he never has to have another one, so that's the good news. Sorry for your husband, I've heard kidney stones are excruciating.

moles1138

no1 wrote:... um. that can't be good for you.

She coulda been out chasin' Pokémon 😜

moles1138

marlenestclair wrote:TT, happy belated birthday, I have been busy with my family. I had a colonoscopy, my husband is passing kidney stones, my sister got her first smart phone and I am teaching her how to use it, we live 8 hours away whoooo.

I'm doing fine. I'm back to work. Still tired and weak. The damn cough will be with me for some time tho according to the nurse and mbspell.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
moles1138 wrote:She coulda been out chasin' Pokémon 😜

Maybe. Been a hard season. Started off burnt out from the previous season and I have a lot on my plate both at home and at the office. I can still count my days off this year on my fingers, with my shoes on. Trying to change that.

I'm also going to get another cortisone shot next week to deal with the constant foot pain that my phys therapist wants me to stay off of. Which makes Pokemon a lot harder to play.

Yeah, I've not been in a mentally good place this year, and November nearly did me in with PTSD flashbacks.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada
pooflady wrote:I'm fine, thank you. Husband had a colonoscopy last week. I made two big boxes of lime Jello for him and he didn't touch it. I ended up eating most of it. But he never has to have another one, so that's the good news. Sorry for your husband, I've heard kidney stones are excruciating.

I have had kidney stones, gall stones, lung surgery, both knees replaced 2 heart attacks and 3 wives. I have had about every major painful medical problem you can have (except childbirth). I have to say the kidney stones are right about at the top of the list of excruciating pains.

My dogs like me, that is important.

no1

edlada wrote:I have had kidney stones, gall stones, lung surgery, both knees replaced 2 heart attacks and 3 wives. I have had about every major painful medical problem you can have (except childbirth). I have to say the kidney stones are right about at the top of the list of excruciating pains.

somewhere in there there's a joke about ex-wives.

pooflady

no1 wrote:somewhere in there there's a joke about ex-wives.

snerk

no1

pooflady

no1 wrote:last post

Wha?

Are you ill?
Are you bored here?
Don't leave.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:I'm fine, thank you. Husband had a colonoscopy last week. I made two big boxes of lime Jello for him and he didn't touch it. I ended up eating most of it. But he never has to have another one, so that's the good news. Sorry for your husband, I've heard kidney stones are excruciating.

Thanks Poof, he gets them all the time. His mom has had lithotripsy 3x. Her last one in Jan this yr, she had a 2 inch wide stone! I think its genetic. Luckily he doesn't whine too much considering he can't take pain meds. I was happy that I don't have to have another colonoscopy for 10 years. Finally one thing that isn't wrong with me LOL. Oh and my doc doesn't use Golytly!!!

x9

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

moles1138 wrote:I'm doing fine. I'm back to work. Still tired and weak. The damn cough will be with me for some time tho according to the nurse and mbspell.

Moles, my hubby had that a couple months ago and yes, he coughed for weeks afterward

x9

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

no1 wrote:last post

um and where do you think you're going?

x9

This space for rent.

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Thanks Poof, he gets them all the time. His mom has had lithotripsy 3x. Her last one in Jan this yr, she had a 2 inch wide stone! I think its genetic. Luckily he doesn't whine too much considering he can't take pain meds. I was happy that I don't have to have another colonoscopy for 10 years. Finally one thing that isn't wrong with me LOL. Oh and my doc doesn't use Golytly!!!

thanks for reminding me... next up in the quest for a cause of my mysterious abdominal pain is a colonoscopy. I had my physical 3 + weeks ago and they were supposed to contact me to set up a date. I guess I should bug them.

no1

marlenestclair wrote:um and where do you think you're going?

wherever peepul are posting. which aint here! a whole day of nothin!

pooflady

Along with my lousy basketball picks, I also have a block in another pool where I win money if each team's final score ends in 7. Nothing yet.

pooflady

no1 wrote:wherever peepul are posting. which aint here! a whole day of nothin!

YOU only have 26,000 posts. Time to step it up.