moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138
pooflady wrote:Odd day. Hard rain for five minutes, sunshine for five minutes. Repeat. No point in opening windows, just have to run around and close them.

As I was walking to my car it started to sprinkle. As I sat in my car it came down hard. Halfway home it was clear. When I headed east there was a rainbow. Extremely bright on the right, nearly invisible in the middle, The left was good. As I got to my exit, I was able to get one pic...

Half mile later at home...nothing.

Except these clouds...

(and a plane)

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell

nice rainbow pic, moles

today is a beautiful day. almost too warm. took a short walk, and really could have worn shorts. so I better hurry up and buy some shorts.

glad it's Friday!

mbspell

also, why the heck are Pineco in 10K eggs? what a waste of walking.

pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady

Husband thought a bunch of gnats were flying around his head when he was golfing Wed. Discovered it wasn't gnats, it was black dots in his right eye. Thursday, a lot of floaters. Got him to the ophthalmologist today. She looked and looked for a retina tear but couldn't find one, but is still really suspicious because of the symptoms, so he sees a retinologist Mon. Of course at the same time that I had my annual appointment with my nephrologist. But he's going to have both eyes dilated, so....

I think my guardian angel drinks.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Husband thought a bunch of gnats were flying around his head when he was golfing Wed. Discovered it wasn't gnats, it was black dots in his right eye. Thursday, a lot of floaters. Got him to the ophthalmologist today. She looked and looked for a retina tear but couldn't find one, but is still really suspicious because of the symptoms, so he sees a retinologist Mon. Of course at the same time that I had my annual appointment with my nephrologist. But he's going to have both eyes dilated, so....

oh, jeez. hope he's ok.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:oh, jeez. hope he's ok.

Thanks.

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada
pooflady wrote:Husband thought a bunch of gnats were flying around his head when he was golfing Wed. Discovered it wasn't gnats, it was black dots in his right eye. Thursday, a lot of floaters. Got him to the ophthalmologist today. She looked and looked for a retina tear but couldn't find one, but is still really suspicious because of the symptoms, so he sees a retinologist Mon. Of course at the same time that I had my annual appointment with my nephrologist. But he's going to have both eyes dilated, so....

I had that happen a couple of years ago, first flashes of light,then the dots which morphed into giant green floaters. I thought I was back in my youth with some good acid! The ophthalmologist said as you age the vitreous humor starts to dry up and pulls on the retina as it shrinks. Thats what causes the visual stuff. he said usually it will eventually stop and all is well. Sometimes it will tear the retina. The big thing to look for is if you start to see something coming across the field of vision like someone is pulling a window share (It can come from any direction.) If that happens it is time to go to the hospital immediately because the retina is tearing. If it is caught early, it is pretty easy to fix without loss of vision. If not, it can be a big problem. Most of the time when the vitreous humor shrinks, it will resolve itself without any problems.

Good luck!

My dogs like me, that is important.

moles1138

Hopefully all is well. I've had floaters before but nothing serious.

pooflady

edlada wrote:I had that happen a couple of years ago, first flashes of light,then the dots which morphed into giant green floaters. I thought I was back in my youth with some good acid! The ophthalmologist said as you age the vitreous humor starts to dry up and pulls on the retina as it shrinks. Thats what causes the visual stuff. he said usually it will eventually stop and all is well. Sometimes it will tear the retina. The big thing to look for is if you start to see something coming across the field of vision like someone is pulling a window share (It can come from any direction.) If that happens it is time to go to the hospital immediately because the retina is tearing. If it is caught early, it is pretty easy to fix without loss of vision. If not, it can be a big problem. Most of the time when the vitreous humor shrinks, it will resolve itself without any problems.

Good luck!

Almost exactly what we were told except for the part about it resolving itself. We'll see what the retinologist says. I'd never heard of a retinologist before this.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Almost exactly what we were told except for the part about it resolving itself. We'll see what the retinologist says. I'd never heard of a retinologist before this.

Wow, I have worked in several hospitals, I know a lot of doctors and I never heard of a retinologist either. Talk about a hyper-specialty!

3 different doctors told me that often the condition resolves itself without problem often. But because the danger of a torn retina is there, anytime a person has symptoms like that the best thing to do is seek medical attention immediately. Not worth taking any risk when your vision is at stake.

My eye doctor told me that my retina looked fine, that the symptoms would go away, but I still get occasional flashes of light in the corners of my eyes now and then.

When they examine the retina they put a special lens with a prism directly on the eyeball to see the entire retina. They often use medical grade cocaine as a local anesthetic for the eye, it is safe and effective, eyes are sensitive. It is chemically similar to the common local anesthetics Lidocaine, Xylocaine, Novocaine, etc. They don't use much, but I could definitely feel my heart rate increase a little! In a medical facility, they keep the cocaine locked up with the morphine and the other 'good' stuff, it is a 'controlled substance'. Your medical trivia for today.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 12 Private Messages marlenestclair
pooflady wrote:Almost exactly what we were told except for the part about it resolving itself. We'll see what the retinologist says. I'd never heard of a retinologist before this.

My daughter is a retina assistant and scribe. She sees these things every day. Yes it is an extreme specialty. They are so specialized, she works at the only clinic within 100 miles, so they rotate travel days and have clinics out of town every week. It is kind of nice, I have a high inflammatory rate in my body, so sometimes I get big blur spots in my field of vision and she takes care of my RX etc.
Yes, never put off anything new that happens to your vision!!! Retinal tears are common but untreated are dangerous. Ed is right, they do numb you up etc.
One perk she did get this year was free Lasik. I am so glad, she has been in glasses since she was 10.

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

all this reminds me I need to make an appointment with the eye doctor. maybe later this summer when life calms down

on May 12 oldest will graduate from the Commonwealth Honors college at UMass Amherst. in 4 years he managed to earn 2 bachelor's degrees - Japanese & Communication.

also got a first communion, a wedding and 2 nieces and a nephew graduating next month. going to be a busy summer.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:all this reminds me I need to make an appointment with the eye doctor. maybe later this summer when life calms down

on May 12 oldest will graduate from the Commonwealth Honors college at UMass Amherst. in 4 years he managed to earn 2 bachelor's degrees - Japanese & Communication.

also got a first communion, a wedding and 2 nieces and a nephew graduating next month. going to be a busy summer.

Congratulations on the oldest!

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Congratulations on the oldest!

Thank you

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev

Hello, Pwa, from the Outer Banks of NC...beach vacation, temps hot, traffic light, seafood yummy!

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Hello, Pwa, from the Outer Banks of NC...beach vacation, temps hot, traffic light, seafood yummy!

Sounds heavenly. Cold here.

pooflady

I guess not a retinologist, he's a vitreo-retinal surgeon. But anyway, nothing to worry about, just aging. He'll see him again in a month just to make sure, but the black spots and floaters should go away in a few months.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:I guess not a retinologist, he's a vitreo-retinal surgeon. But anyway, nothing to worry about, just aging. He'll see him again in a month just to make sure, but the black spots and floaters should go away in a few months.

Oh, that is good news!

x9

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:I guess not a retinologist, he's a vitreo-retinal surgeon. But anyway, nothing to worry about, just aging. He'll see him again in a month just to make sure, but the black spots and floaters should go away in a few months.

I told my daughter about this and she pegged it...said it was part of aging and was totally normal...so Mr. Poof got a second opinion LOL
We are glad thats all it is.

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:I told my daughter about this and she pegged it...said it was part of aging and was totally normal...so Mr. Poof got a second opinion LOL
We are glad thats all it is.

It's always nice to have a second opinion. The scary part was that it happened all of a sudden.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I've been getting them the last few years. It takes a few months for them to sink. I liken it to that pearl dropping in the bottle of Prell shampoo.

I wonder if he got bumped or something that sloshed them around. Layman's idea.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I've been getting them the last few years. It takes a few months for them to sink. I liken it to that pearl dropping in the bottle of Prell shampoo.

I wonder if he got bumped or something that sloshed them around. Layman's idea.

Good analogy. He was golfing, maybe he hit the ball too hard!

moles1138

hot72chev wrote:Oh, that is good news!

Agreed

moles1138

ThunderThighs wrote:

I liken it to that pearl dropping in the bottle of Prell shampoo.

You ARE old.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Good analogy. He was golfing, maybe he hit the ball too hard!

I hate when my balls get hit too hard. (Likely No1 quote.)

hot72chev

moles1138 wrote:You ARE old.

I remember the Prell commercial!

My grandma always had that at her house, and mom used it too.

x9

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:I remember the Prell commercial!

My grandma always had that at her house, and mom used it too.

Gads! I think we all used it but it was the worst for your hair!

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

no1 wrote:

I feel young! I don't remember this ad! LOL

pooflady

no1 wrote:

I remember Prell, but not that commercial. Not because I'm too young to remember it, but more than likely I'm old enough to have forgotten it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

moles1138 wrote:You ARE old.

Thank you.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

Ewww, whole body check at the dermatologist today for both of us. Hate this.

Update: Husband passed, but he took a mole off my back. Hoping it's benign.

pooflady

IT'S FROG LEGS NIGHT - 14 years!!!

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:IT'S FROG LEGS NIGHT - 14 years!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, POOF!

You are amazing! Enjoy the legs!

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:CONGRATULATIONS, POOF!

You are amazing! Enjoy the legs!

//burp//

dontwantaname

quality posts: 15 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Congratulations!!!

At least now smoking is banned in a lot of places. It wasn't when you quit.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

marlenestclair

Yay Poof! I celebrate with chocolate...quitting was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I was glad I did it!!! 16 years for me.
Does the smell bother you if you get around a smoker? I never would have thought it would, but it does....

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:Yay Poof! I celebrate with chocolate...quitting was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I was glad I did it!!! 16 years for me.
Does the smell bother you if you get around a smoker? I never would have thought it would, but it does....

Congratulations to you! Bet you never thought it was possible. Just that it smells bad, doesn't make me want one. Still occasionally want one when I get in the car or even when I see someone else smoking while driving. And that surprises me.

moles1138

Congrats poof and marlene. I've got a friend who posted today was her 35th day. Gotta be tough on her. But I think she learned something when she lost a lot of weight.

mbspell

congrats on the no smoking!!

think I caught son's cold. oldest graduates on Fri. going to be a busy week, and a bad time to get sick.

son made it though his AP exam and his SATs this morning. I think he's on the upswing. except for the rash he's developed. we're a mess around here!