thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
tjost wrote:I like it but it doesn't seem as, I don't know, graphical as your usual work? I thought Binary robot party was yours actually till I looked at the name. You do great work though and are among the best here when it comes to clean designs. I still sport your I see what you did there shirt, though I gotta be honest I wish it was on an AA shirt and not a teefury one :S

Thanks for the nice words and constructive criticism. I wish I knew what I'm doing differently on this shirt and make sure not to do it again! The only thing I can think of is maybe I "played" on this one more than I often do? If you're going to do minimalism you have to be very intentional and on this I was much more random in my character design, etc.

I feel exactly like you do about my "What You Did" shirt. I see it in the closet and want to wear it but then I remember how scratchy it is! Since I still own the rights to that one I intend to reprint it someday on a better blank.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
tjost wrote:Good job Siax, I like it, though I will say if you wanted that orb to look more glowy the coloring should be reverse with the white in the center and blue fading out. Other then that nice. +1

thanks tjost!

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: Go Fetch

Huh. I honestly thought this was/would be higher in the fog than the bottom edge.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
TonyGreyfox wrote:It's a shame this hadn't been submitted first; I'm certain that with the extra couple of days it would have been fogged easily.

Ramy, please consider submitting the more experimental stuff first more often before going with your usual fare - I think you might be pleasantly surprised by the results. People might just be getting burned out on your standard design themes - look at the comments there versus here. Just a thought.

Agreed. While this shirt doesn't offer a whole lot more than the usual dragon shirt, it's a wearable shirt.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Huh. I honestly thought this was/would be higher in the fog than the bottom edge.

I thought the fog was displayed randomly?

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
uniique wrote:I thought the fog was displayed randomly?

it is.

No. Yes.

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Soul Catcher

The orb thing is too big on the shirt. But quite frankly, it's a terrific design.

No. Yes.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
evillynamus wrote:This one is by far my favorite, it's also the first one that caught my eye,i love how it's nice and simple but clearly showe's me what is going on and it give's me this calm feeling when ever i look at it. The bowel of "nuts" made me laugh ^_^!

Thank you very much!! I'm glad you liked it!

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001
Re: Mechanically Separate

Your odd-one-out bot's arms make a W and made me think of another odd-one-out character by the name of Chuck. Awww.

Time to go pay Lucy another 5 cents for some therapy.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: surfin droid

I love your style. I really enjoy your designs.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
frik wrote:The orb thing is too big on the shirt. But quite frankly, it's a terrific design.

I made the orb big because I wanted it to protray the soul of whos wearing it.....Thanks for liking it though

baseballjf14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baseballjf14
Re: 18XX ROGUE GEARS

Ok Wooters, if this doesn't win I can see myself no longer frequenting this site, this is an excellent design by 2 very talented artists. How could this not win!?!?
I am ready to buy one now, so lets get these votes coming in.
By the way, these guys should always sweep the double-take derby with prior submissions

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
tjost wrote:Good piece and collab guys. I think I agree with what others ahve said though. If you could keep the basic coloring but maybe change out the tones on the green and pink and then put the skull in from your second one it would rock! +1

In the pre-derby thread I thought this was awesome. Looks really good now with some color! kudos!

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie
Re: Bringer of Circuts

Thanks for the comments and votes. :D

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Revenge of the Rab-bot

Thanks thatrobert.

Thanks lonelypond.

Cheers tjost, you're right maybe I should have used a fox instead. Glad you like it though.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
bassanimation wrote:I hope to see this design up at Threadless someday . It's just beautifully done, and in all honesty, it deserves to print somewhere that can really do the fine shading justice. Great work, Kasey!!!!

While it's difficult to break in on threadless, the print of "LES FILLES L'ESPACE"/"there's... SOMETHING... out here" gives me hope that this might have a shot there.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
adamp17 wrote:I like the idea a lot. The one thing that sticks out to me a bit is the flowers, which are all perfectly facing forward. They look very 2D, which is incongruous with everything else, which has a nice 3d shape to it. It's a pretty minor point though, and I think the design works as-is.

adamp17 - Thanks for the feed back! I totally see what your saying about the flowers. Had I been thinking about it I cold have probably foreshortened some of the side flowers pretty easily. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I do a simple set of flowers.

thatrobert wrote:Very solid! Keep up the great work.

thatrobert - Thanks! It's good to be back in the derby again.

Bandrik

quality posts: 72 Private Messages Bandrik
uniique wrote:I thought the fog was displayed randomly?

It is, but since this has (as of this writing) dropped out of the fog to 10th place, it can generally be assumed it was on the lower end of the fog when it was still in it. Otherwise the other fog'd entries played some major catch-up to let "Slave to Technology" (was #10 before entering the fog) squeeze it out and take it's place.

Hope that helped.

shellsandoval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellsandoval
tjost wrote:Our Mighty Feast Gobbles! that looks almost exactly like my first lego robots. They really are the basis for me becoming a person in the creative field. Good job and thanks for bringing back good memories +1

I'm glad that I could stir up some old memories of fun and adventure. Guess I wasn't the only one with lego inspired creativity. Thanks for the great comment.

Bandrik

quality posts: 72 Private Messages Bandrik
Re: Who Am I?

I love it simply for the nice use of pixel art. Or maybe I've been playing too much Minecraft. D:

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
LeeleeX wrote:......

Heres an idea, if you dont like it, DONT BOTHER. I love the fact you can see that most of these people havent even bought more then 1-3 shirts! Maybe they should disable comments unless you have atleast 10 shirts? That would drastically cut down on the trolls.

Lee, I am not a troll, and I have bought plenty of shirts. More than you in fact.

You may not believe me, but I would not buy this. For one thing, I think the dog is too close in concept to K-9 from Dr. Who, and should be rejected. For another, why would I want to wear a shirt with an oddly shaped robot throwing a wrench at an dog robot with a non-articulating jaw? When you have over 100 tshirts that are wonderful, why buy something substandard?

It is quite obvious that this is a slap-up job, and that the only reason people have voted is because they are fans of ramy. But that's their choice.

I did not vote for this, and that's mine. And by your standards, my opinion counts.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
baseballjf14 wrote:Ok Wooters, if this doesn't win I can see myself no longer frequenting this site, this is an excellent design by 2 very talented artists. How could this not win!?!?
I am ready to buy one now, so lets get these votes coming in.
By the way, these guys should always sweep the double-take derby with prior submissions

Although I love this design and it has my vote, I think there's the possibility that either "Robot Zombies!" or "Bioluminescence" might take it. Although a three way tie between this and those two for first would work for me as well.

Sufficed to say, I'd get his shirt in a heartbeat.

10points

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 10points

my only complaint about this shirt is that it wasn't put into the derby sooner for a better chance at winning. GMV

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
zwartepaard wrote:great design and awesome textures, but I think it'd make a better art print than a t-shirt :/

This line of argument is getting to become really old. It makes no sense. That which looks good on print also tends to look good on a shirt. Even if there's a difference in how it looks, it's almost never enough to want to make it exclusively one over the other.

wallyrit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wallyrit
tjost wrote:You compliment me on my lighting but that shading you have on the pocket is really nice Jewelwing I like the robot though I'm a little unclear as to what he's holding. Is it like a charging laser arm canon? If so it looks a little 2 dimensional compared to the rest of the piece. Great job though and awesome job on your turtles they came out amazing!

Yes, it is a laser. That is what he uses to "Protect"! Get it? He is a pocket "Protector"?

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
LeeleeX wrote:This pretty much sums up why I quit bothering with Woot all together.
They allow bashing for the sake of bashing.
Doesnt matter what it is, the same names pop up time and time again.
Ive seen less and less shirts id ever buy and more and more whining from those that either cant make the fog or cant draw a stick figure to save their lives.
Half of you pies should be banned for having nothing better to do on the weekend then find Ramyb's shirt and whine like a 4 yr old over ice cream.
Teefury, thank god, fills the void.

Heres an idea, if you dont like it, DONT BOTHER. I love the fact you can see that most of these people havent even bought more then 1-3 shirts! Maybe they should disable comments unless you have atleast 10 shirts? That would drastically cut down on the trolls.

Nice work troll! if you look again at the people you were saying only have bought 3 shirts you will notice it, in fact say between 3-9. so "you" do not know the amount they really have do you? you like the shirt, thats fine. but don't take everyones right to voice what they feel about it. at the top it says "add comment" it doesn't say "add comment, but don't hate on the designer." he's got thick skin, he will be ok. god knows he enters these derby's enough.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
LeeleeX wrote:
Heres an idea, if you dont like it, DONT BOTHER.

I apologize for being the third person in a row to comment on your thread, but I would like to add...

As an artist, I prefer comments from people that don't like my work. Comments like "Oh, I love it. GMV!" are nice and will make me feel good, but they aren't as beneficial a constructive critique from someone who does not like my work. A true artists wants people to point out our flaws, so we can avoid them in the future. Negative feedback often helps us improve and grow. There is nothing more valuable to a true artist than a constructive critique.

Granted, there are people that don't have constructive feedback and just deliver "cheapshots," but for some reason, that seems to only be true with this artist. For the most part, the critics and comments, here are a huge bonus for artists. I definitely support that fact that even a person with no purchases can comment on my artwork, and if they dislike, I would gladly like to hear their valid reasons why no matter how harsh or unpleasant it may be.

I like Woot more than other sites for the same reason you dislike it. Plus, their contest is set up in a "funner" manner and the site is more personal in general.

brandonjay25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonjay25
HujoeBigs wrote:Yeah I love the more detailed Gir from Invader Zim. Though I could of sworn it said no robot pop culture references. Also I love the sheet metal dog with no articulation, unlike the robot, such great continuity of detail. I mean really, all that looks like is a two dimensional piece of sheet metal with a door stopper on its butt for a tail. How in the world is that thing suppose to fetch? Do you toss it after you toss the wrench, then you go fetch both?

everybody's a critic.

nutbarz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutbarz
pkj27 wrote:I hate this got rejected, I'd really buy this one, and I don't say that lightly. Keep this design for something else. It's awesome.

Agreed, this is the Ideal Woot Off Shirt, for all those Roomba RAGE QUIT!!!1212!~s... Woot, make this shirt!! Its You!!

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness
tjost wrote:Nice work on this one, kinda reminds me of my Crazy pills (placebo party) shirt

I thought that too!!
Both really great!

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness
sTyLeS wrote:Just wanted to mention that he's sitting in the rowboat backwards. You typically pull with the oars, not push.

I work around boats during the summer. Our flat-bottom, 15ft, jon boats are easier forward rowing. Also, I think of it like a canoe or a kayak: Those both are forward-rows. I'm around boats a lot and I didn't even care how the rowbot was rowing.

I also think the design looks better because the bow is facing the same direction as the rowbot.

I seriously want this shirt =)

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Off The Clock

There are so many small nuances to this design, it works so well. I hope it prints, either The Old Fashioned Way or thru an Editor's Choice. GMV.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
uniique wrote:See that's the quandry. So what of the tee "It Came Out Of Nowhere," by Aled Lewis? Herein Aled is using two images (Tardis and Delorean) from three seperate franchises (Dr Who, Back to the Future, and the car manufacterer), but somehow it's found a very good home here on woot. The design is a parody.

So should Aled "It came from nowhere" be dropped for illustrating the Tardis and the DeLorean? Should the "The Binge" by tjost be dropped for depicting the cookie monster from Seasame Street?
Just sayin'.

The Tardis and Delorean are things, not pieces of art. This is a direct copy of someone else's art. I'm not going to argue that there's any copyright issue, because it seems to be an image available for 'seal' making on at least one Website. But it isn't original art. Sorry. The design really is kick-ass.

paigeg

Re: surfin droid

Now, with 200% fewer nipples!

I understand the print vs. tee issue somewhat. I can look at something and think, gee that's beautiful, but just not something I'd want on my chest. It'd look great on my wall, though. Often even really good art (and, actually, more often), does not make for a great tee shirt.

paigeg

Re: Poe-Bot

Poe's a defunct author, and for all intents and purposes, a meme. I think that's different than a celebrity. Which is good, because I don't think I could stand a Katy Perry bot.

paigeg

Re: Feeling complete

These guys are giving you great advice. I'll toss in a bit of artistic critique. Since the robot is now feeling complete and happy, I think he should be smiling. He still looks pretty sad to me.

paigeg

Re: Kittybot-a-tron's only weakness

I had no idea this was you until I clicked, Truffle. Funny! Nice work.

paigeg

tjost wrote:I thought this was an Artulo design at first. Nice simple clean lines

I think that may be the problem. I thought it was Artulo being lazy and re-hashing the Devo Derby design. I haven't bothered to go look; I figure it's enough that it comes to mind that way.

eligina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eligina
Re: Bioluminescence

this is so peaceful - i love it

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie
Re: Lock'd 'N' Load'd Version 3

It's really a shame this didn't get more votes. I guess it just didn't jive with the average wooter. But kudos for sticking to your style. I still think it's awesome and I voted for all versions. The coloring of the original was the best but I like the color scheme of this one best. Keep at it! Can't wait to see more from you two!