AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

The tracking info for my Coffee! mug is showing delivered. No, it's not... And no notice of if it was left at the apartment office or somewhere else.

LarryLars

quality posts: 67 Private Messages LarryLars
neuropsychosocial wrote:Now "Shipment information [has been] sent to FedEx," without any indication that it has actually been shipped.

I must thank woot for introducing me to the concept of Schrodinger's mug. I thought I'd merely ordered a coffee cup with an image of a blue muppet on it; instead, I now have first-hand experience with quantum mug-physics!

My Binge mugs made the quantum leap into a shirtwoot package and have been shipped: "departed Dallas"!

!
Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

All is fixed.

Woot sent me a refund for the overnight, and an apology e-mail.

Thank you woot!

that was fun while it lasted!

nindaene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nindaene

I just received my Coffee! mugs and I'm slightly disappointed with them. I know that it was brown on white, but I thought that the brown would have been around the entire face of the mug (or the majority of it) and that the handle would just be white, when actually its a wrap print and there is a thick solid white border around the image.

I know the dimensions of the image were posted, but the dimensions of the mug itself were not, so I went by the picture.

Also, the print isn't as clear as I would have hoped. Not hateful. I just expected better.

Edit: There was also a air bubble which caused a tiny tiny pocket in the print. Not enough to make me return it, but enough (combined with the above) to make me steer clear of mug purchases in the future.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
nindaene wrote: Edit: There was also a air bubble which caused a tiny tiny pocket in the print. Not enough to make me return it, but enough (combined with the above) to make me steer clear of mug purchases in the future.

This thread has been discussing some of the quality control issues; woot staffers seem to be following it. If you'd like the folks in charge to know about your concerns in case they decide to print mugs again, that thread would be a good place to post. (I know they appreciate photos if you're able to post a picture of the air bubble because that helps them. Supposedly. It's not clear that anything is "helping" fix the quality control problems, but at least we have a repository of concerns so others are aware of them!)

Schrodinger's Mug tally: 1 dead, 1 alive.
(AGrant311, any update on locating your mug?)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
neuropsychosocial wrote:This thread has been discussing some of the quality control issues; woot staffers seem to be following it. If you'd like the folks in charge to know about your concerns in case they decide to print mugs again, that thread would be a good place to post. (I know they appreciate photos if you're able to post a picture of the air bubble because that helps them. Supposedly. It's not clear that anything is "helping" fix the quality control problems, but at least we have a repository of concerns so others are aware of them!)

Schrodinger's Mug tally: 1 dead, 1 alive.
(AGrant311, any update on locating your mug?)

Had to stop by office to pay rent today and got our apartment manager to check to see if I had any packages. Guess what? I did. One Woot Coffee! mug. I was pretty pleased. Looking at it, no air bubbles.

spockzombie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spockzombie

Received my COFFEE! mug today, and I was less than impressed. I was under the impression I was receiving a brown mug with a white handle, but instead I receive a white mug with the design poorly printed on it. The design was a bit blurry, but not enough to return it. The size of the mug was also disappointing. Yes, the ounces were correct, but was hoping to get a taller mug that would allow for creamer. Basically I paid $11 for $3 worth of mug. First time being disappoint by a W00T product. Sad panda.

TheHal85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheHal85
spockzombie wrote:Received my COFFEE! mug today, and I was less than impressed. I was under the impression I was receiving a brown mug with a white handle, but instead I receive a white mug with the design poorly printed on it. The design was a bit blurry, but not enough to return it. The size of the mug was also disappointing. Yes, the ounces were correct, but was hoping to get a taller mug that would allow for creamer. Basically I paid $11 for $3 worth of mug. First time being disappoint by a W00T product. Sad panda.

I agree... I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it, but I would also not order another mug from Woot either after actually seeing it. I would probably dissuade others from making the purchase if another mug did go on sale.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I've seen a number of requests for pictures of the mugs so I thought I'd post a few. In general, the mug was about what I was expecting and there are no manufacturing defects, so I'm quite happy with it. It's definitely shinier than I expected but it will make a great pencil cup or monkey-seat. Having seen one, I wish I'd ordered Nevermore as well. I'm not particularly excited about the possibilities of more mugs in the future, but I'd order an Artichokey or Fresh Cake mug if it were offered.

As others have noted, the image doesn't extend handle-to-handle or top-to-bottom; on one side of the image is "The Binge by tjost" and on the other "shirt.woot.com." This is actually my only "complaint"/suggestion about the mugs: because of the design title/artist name, I can only see part of the design when it's in my hand. Pretending that the monkey is holding the mug right-handed like I would:

(Album with pictures of the entire outside of the mug)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Thanks for sharing the pic. I think it's cute and about what I expected for a custom print mug.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

slowsteve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slowsteve
We are sorry to hear that the items were received damaged. Unfortunately, we no longer have this particular set in stock, so a full refund has been put in process back to your original payment method. You should see the refund back within the next 7-10 business days. You do not need to return the original order back to us.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Randy

I reckon I have been wooted on AGAIN!!!!

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
slowsteve wrote:I reckon I have been wooted on AGAIN!!!!

Well, damn.

I thought the pics of the mugs were pretty cute. I'd order one in the future.