bagu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bagu

I'd so love to see a "Frog's Quality Fly", I just don't have the means to enter it myself.

(Someone from Portland is bound to get it)

knnth2wnit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knnth2wnit

May I suggest "The Dutch Oven".

princessleiao

quality posts: 3 Private Messages princessleiao
Drakxxx wrote:Also want to know about this. I might draw a vampire winery but not sure if you guys are counting vampires as the pop culture. They'll be my vampire, I won't make them look like any popular ones.

I wish your faux-steraunt could have your user name, but maybe that's too popculture-y

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
darianwiccan wrote:Ok everyone, I am working on finishing a design and will be submitting in the morning. Thoughts?

This will get bounced for pop culture reference.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

KizulEmeraldfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KizulEmeraldfire

I dunno — I see no fewer than five (six if you count one that got rejected for not being restaurant-themed) ZOMBIE entries, and I personally don't see how zombies don't count as pop culture — especially when everyone's grandmother's brother's sister's son's daughter's cousin's nephew's niece's friend's dog's puppy is doing zombies in every media possible.

But then again, it could just be me being tired of zombies invading everything. :D

absinthegreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages absinthegreen

I am having a very hard time choosing this week.... there are many I like. I try to pick three & most weeks I have trouble finding three.... this week I am having trouble cutting my favorite choices down to three.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

I love the originality of all these designs. Getting rid of pop culture really makes you think.

remoteoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remoteoz

hmmm... zombies aren't pop culture? what happened to the good shirts?

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
blinddog3d wrote:111

he lives!

move along

bounty42

Speaking of Zombies - can somebody poke the Rejectionator with a Stick and see if he's dead?

I've got a half dozen pop culture shirts still awaiting their red stamps. Really wish all submissions were checked for Rejection within 3 hours of submission.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

chemical88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chemical88
bounty42 wrote:Speaking of Zombies - can somebody poke the Rejectionator with a Stick and see if he's dead?

I've got a half dozen pop culture shirts still awaiting their red stamps. Really wish all submissions were checked for Rejection within 3 hours of submission.

I have similar feelings about timeliness. By my count, the Rejectionator has been dead since at least Sunday.

silversickness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silversickness

I saw no pop culture and thought, "Yay this might actually be awesome!"

Apparently the rejectioner is on vacation. It's a pretty mixed bag, but still ALOT of pop culture and copy righted characters. Not a fan. Between bad entries and the daily's shirt colors I think I'll just come back sometime next week.

bounty42

I get that I apparently have more time, and care more, about the Derby than the people who actually make their living off of it. I accept that for them to do their job only the top 25 need to be 'right' because the other 100+ entries aren't going to be around after Friday.

But the rejectionator isn't JUST the engine of ensuring Derby integrety. It's a quiet support of the system itself. People are more comfortable working with the rules when they know those rules are being enforced. It's a training tool, teaching artists what is and isn't within bounds helps reduce the number of out of bounds submissions. It's a deterant, because we always seem to see more vile or off topic entries following weeks of lax enforcement.

SO I get it's a pain to do a 30 minute scan of the Derby, but PLEASE do so, whenever you can spare 30 minutes.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Really hoping this is TruffleShuffle's week at last...

bakerface22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakerface22

I miss the old derby rules . . . this is no fun :/

**Baker**