Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:"if it doesn't fit, you must (ack!) quit"

Eh, something like that.

Also, I forgot the customer disservice aspect too. The canned responses do not provide any warm and fuzzy feelings or confidence in the company itself.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Peanuts1867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Peanuts1867

In the FAQ, it says it costs $5.00 to ship a t-shirt to Canada, but when I get to the checkout it says $10.00. To ship 2 shirts, it's $20. There's no way I'll pay that. I know it doesn't cost anywhere near that to ship a t-shirt. Oh well...off to another site...

Mavyn

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn
Peanuts1867 wrote:In the FAQ, it says it costs $5.00 to ship a t-shirt to Canada, but when I get to the checkout it says $10.00. To ship 2 shirts, it's $20. There's no way I'll pay that. I know it doesn't cost anywhere near that to ship a t-shirt. Oh well...off to another site...

If you read, it notes that shipping charges going out of the US are per tee. Sucks, I agree, but it is defined.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Peanuts1867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Peanuts1867
Mavyn wrote:If you read, it notes that shipping charges going out of the US are per tee. Sucks, I agree, but it is defined.

Yes, but it says $5.00 per tshirt, not $10.

Mysteri0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mysteri0

I am also seeing the same pricing for shirts, the strange thing is if you add a third shirt the prices stays at $20.. I've emailed support to try and get an explanation but nobody has been able to answer me, even after I have included screenshots of what is happening. They just keep telling me to look at the FAQ. Until I can get a clear answer on what exactly is going on with the shipping I won't be buying anymore shirts.

willb92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willb92

I don't mind paying for a quality t-shirt. But the t-shirts I've gotten from you guys the last few years are low quality, IMO. I'm overweight and I sweat.. when I sweat your t-shirts transform into a dish rag. In the words of the great ODB (AKA Big Baby Jesus), may he rest in peace:

"ninja your shirt looks like a dish rag, your shirt looks like a curtain."

Heckcolorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heckcolorado

I recently picked up a shirt for myself and one for my daughter and it was the first experience I've had with the new blanks. Really unimpressed and disappointed in quality. The fit of the men's is very Wal-Mart (almost wider than they are long) and they shrunk a LOT upon first wash. My daughter's shirt came out of the dryer with an armpit hole without ever being worn!

I have about 10 older Woot shirts in my t-rotation, but until you get back to a quality blank, I'm sorry to say I won't be ordering any more for the foreseeable future.

So maybe consider making some ch-ch-ch-changes to something other than pricing?

orangefreddie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orangefreddie

This is crazy... until there is combined shipping for T-Shirts on international shipping I won't be shopping here anymore... Too bad.

$20 shipping for 2 $10 shirts... This is nuts.

natedogg828

quality posts: 7 Private Messages natedogg828
Heckcolorado wrote:I recently picked up a shirt for myself and one for my daughter and it was the first experience I've had with the new blanks. Really unimpressed and disappointed in quality. The fit of the men's is very Wal-Mart (almost wider than they are long) and they shrunk a LOT upon first wash. My daughter's shirt came out of the dryer with an armpit hole without ever being worn!

I have about 10 older Woot shirts in my t-rotation, but until you get back to a quality blank, I'm sorry to say I won't be ordering any more for the foreseeable future.

So maybe consider making some ch-ch-ch-changes to something other than pricing?

looks like they did

100+ Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 8 Bags of Crap...snagged a Busted One Criminal (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

MrBignell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrBignell

Bundling the categories could be improved. Especially to international shoppers.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
MrBignell wrote:This sucks for international shoppers. We're stuck paying $10 for EVERY shirt in an order. That's worse than TeePublic/Busted Tees rates.

I normally wouldn't hesitate buying a shirt from Woot b/c of the low price on the dailys and the low shipping fees, but now you cost as much as all of the other sites. You just lost your edge .

It ends up being the same price as before- and it's grouped the same as before for international shipping. You pay $10 per shirt sale "type". So per catalog, per Plus sale, per daily order, or per Top20.

MrBignell

orangefreddie wrote:This is crazy... until there is combined shipping for T-Shirts on international shipping I won't be shopping here anymore... Too bad.

$20 shipping for 2 $10 shirts... This is nuts.

I'm in the same boat. It's cheaper to buy elsewhere now

MrBignell

agingdragqueen wrote:It ends up being the same price as before- and it's grouped the same as before for international shipping. You pay $10 per shirt sale "type". So per catalog, per Plus sale, per daily order, or per Top20.

So you're telling me had I waited, not bought yesterday's shirt as a daily, and bundled the two I wanted from the catalogue, I would have saved money?

I understand it's the same price overall for the first shirt, but it sucks that I can't throw in a catalogue shirt w/ a daily. I may never own "Lucky at Last"

Thanks for the explanation. International shipping just stinks sometimes.

goodvibes88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodvibes88
KhellSennet wrote:Well, a dollar more. But paying the same as before, THAT'S the problem. This new bundled shipping is great for Americans, but if you aren't from the US, it's no better than before.

If orders were treated as just ONE order, regardless of whether it has shirts from promo, top-20, catalog, or shirt of the day, and thus only had one shipping charge, I can say that I for one would be willing to wait for the furthest back ship date between all shirts ordered to save on that absurdly high mixed shipping.

As Canadian, we are already getting hit with extra shipping US customers don't pay. Then we get hit with a horrible exchange rate, and at the end of it all the shipping takes FOREVER. You may ship in the daily shirt promptly, but we don't see it for at least a month, often closer to two. So waiting longer to bundle orders into one shipment, not a big deal. Paying an extra thirty to fifty bucks in shipping, I can find a better deal with ten other online shirt stores.

Add in the increasing number of defective shirts shipped out (something as of yet still unaddressed), the fact your Hoodies (pull, zip and jersey) don't cater to the same body size as the shirts, those awesome art prints that aren't available internationally... It's hard to be supportive of a business that seems not to care about its customer.

Exactly! I ditto everything you just said. It is ridiculous that we Canadians can't bundle all buying events into one shipping price like the 'Mericans. Makes me think of buying elsewhere.

motoroto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motoroto

Yep, international shipping is still getting messed over. If I ship to a US address the entire order goes for $5, if I ship to Canada it's $20 ($10 for one Top 20 and $10 for 3 catalog shirts). It's a good thing I don't have the nerve to order the daily and incure another $10 shipping charge! I'm fine with a slightly higher international shipping charge and a reasonable amount added for additional items but this system makes no sense. The other daily tee sites I visit, and have bought from, make adding extra tees in addition to the daily reasonable, almost like they want to sell you more product. Wouldn't it make sense to offer the best shipping price/option while you have the customer on your site and can sell them more items? They keep saying the same thing about "buying across multiple events" but don't acknowledge that domestic orders are not penalized in this way or that this shipping structure just killed a sale. Until Woot gets their crap together on this I'm not ordering anything from them.

raidermon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raidermon

I remember the good ol' days when I could buy a poor quality, bacon-neck t-shirt from Woot for $7 and free shipping; many purchased as cheap Christmas gifts for kids. Now at $12 per daily shirt, it just isn't worth it, IMO.

The money saving chart, by the way, is farcical. You're citing phantom savings, deducting the S/H costs for multiple shirts. "If you tilt your head and squint your eyes, we're actually SAVING you money!" lol

So I haven't bought a t-shirt from Woot since they started charging for S/H. Maybe it's an Amazon thing, I dunno, but if my feedback matters--and many will say that it won't--my Woot shirt-buying days are finished.

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

raidermon wrote:I remember the good ol' days when I could buy a poor quality, bacon-neck t-shirt from Woot for $7 and free shipping; ...

The only time shirts were $7 with free shipping was with randoms; they were $6.66 to be exact.

When the $5 shipping came into effect, shirts were $12 -- so the price was lowered to $7. How's that any different, I don't know ...

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.