quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlelamb45
Re: Glad I'm here...

Nobody gets this joke....?

melkoford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melkoford

send one to Tom

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Inatangle wrote:I really like the wooden ones... they come in handy for all kinds of stuff... plus you can chew 'em! Plastic ones wouldn't taste as good... lol

I answered your pm, btw

What can I say, the plastic ones like these also massage your gums.. I am so spoiled. lol

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 53 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Best Job Ever!

A puppy shirt! Cute.

fishbiscuit5

Re: hashtag blessed

I'm gonna need one for both of my sisters.

pals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pals
acraigl wrote:Fun idea, but you may not know photos are not allowed. This may be rejected, FYI.

Hey there! Thanks for the tip. I'm new around here. i took the photo some time ago, messed with it in photoshop and created it into a tri-tone so that each of 3 halftones are made of pms colors. So, that's not allowed eh? I need an education. Maybe next time I'll draw a cat, especially since that fits nicely with the upcoming theme.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: BFFs

cheese fries are my life. +1

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1

kellabell9

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kellabell9
acraigl wrote:Amazing artwork!

LOL I eat like Cooper 😂

kellabell9

Re: Dogs & Desserts

Also thanks for the great comments!!

kellabell9

Re: BFFs

Adorable!

acraigl

quality posts: 181 Private Messages acraigl
kg07 wrote:Nice job acraigl! Finally a week when dog shirts have a chance to win.
fishbiscuit5 wrote:A puppy shirt! Cute.

Thanks guys! Go dogs!

Narfcake

quality posts: 377 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

pals wrote:Hey there! Thanks for the tip. I'm new around here. i took the photo some time ago, messed with it in photoshop and created it into a tri-tone so that each of 3 halftones are made of pms colors. So, that's not allowed eh? I need an education. Maybe next time I'll draw a cat, especially since that fits nicely with the upcoming theme.

Yeah, all photos and clip-art are a no-go when it comes to derbies. Pop culture references are "do at your own risk"; typically they will have to be reinterpreted in your own style at the minimum. Just because a design isn't rejected does it mean it's okay in the future; the rejectionator tends to skip over those with little to no odds of printing.

Off the top of my head, I don't recall the resolution limits of half-tones, but they can't be so fine that it cannot be printed. A total of 6 colors still applies, even though the majority of prints are DTG these days.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Narfcake

quality posts: 377 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Best Job Ever!

Hey, that's not a cat!

(GMV. I'm a dog person more than a cat person, though I have like 10 times the cat shirts as dog shirts.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

acraigl

Re: Keep the T. Hanks in Thanksgiving

I'm down with the funny, but thought celebrity likenesses was taboo? Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just curious if this crosses that line or not.

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
Re: Nature

This design is really nice! It reminds me of one you submitted about a year ago (the stamp) that I really liked and made me think about figuring out this art stuff and trying my hand at these derbies. Keep up the great work.

ApeLad

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ApeLad
acraigl wrote:I'm down with the funny, but thought celebrity likenesses was taboo? Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just curious if this crosses that line or not.

No idea.

pals

acraigl wrote:Fun idea, but you may not know photos are not allowed. This may be rejected, FYI.

Thanks again for your input. Yes, a newbie I am. Did another Very Berry shirt. This time no photo. I'm catching on, thanks to you. Check it out. It's called "Berry Shake"... and if I knew what I was doing I'd make a nifty link right here for you to click on. But no... I'm still figuring out the ropes.

By the way, I like your dog doin' dishes entry. Gotta train mine to do that!

pals

Thanks again for your input. Yes, a newbie I am. Did another Very Berry shirt. This time no photo. I'm catching on, thanks to you. Check it out. It's called "Berry Shake"... and if I knew what I was doing I'd make a nifty link right here for you to click on. But no... I'm still figuring out the ropes.

pals

Narfcake wrote:Yeah, all photos and clip-art are a no-go when it comes to derbies. Pop culture references are "do at your own risk"; typically they will have to be reinterpreted in your own style at the minimum. Just because a design isn't rejected does it mean it's okay in the future; the rejectionator tends to skip over those with little to no odds of printing.

Off the top of my head, I don't recall the resolution limits of half-tones, but they can't be so fine that it cannot be printed. A total of 6 colors still applies, even though the majority of prints are DTG these days.

Hi there Narfcake. Thanks so much for educating me. I appreciate you taking the time. I wipped up another shirt for this derby. This time no photo. Look for "Berry Shake".

Thanks again.

pals

pals wrote:Thanks again for your input. Yes, a newbie I am. Did another Very Berry shirt. This time no photo. I'm catching on, thanks to you. Check it out. It's called "Berry Shake"... and if I knew what I was doing I'd make a nifty link right here for you to click on. But no... I'm still figuring out the ropes.

PS booboo (again!) my new design is called "Merry Berry Shirt"

brostephhhx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brostephhhx
Re: Sick of Your S#!t

Pretty thankful for toilet paper, personally.

acraigl

Re: Merry Berry Shake

A much better entry in a variety of ways. You must be a fast learner. Nice style, looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in future derbies. Welcome!

acraigl

pals wrote:Thanks again for your input. Yes, a newbie I am. Did another Very Berry shirt. This time no photo. I'm catching on, thanks to you. Check it out. It's called "Berry Shake"... and if I knew what I was doing I'd make a nifty link right here for you to click on. But no... I'm still figuring out the ropes.

Thanks!
Already commented on your new entry. Well done. And feel free to ask all kinds of questions... we're happy to help.

Randyotter

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Randyotter
Re: Nature

Thanks @ yazmoq jnolen and intangle!

@Kg07 No better time to start than now! I don't know what experience you have but feel free to message me if you want any help or advice.

flemtone

quality posts: 15 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Keep the T. Hanks in Thanksgiving

I'm just going to leave this here.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 277 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Great artwork! Your line weights keep everything so clear and fun to look at despite all the crazy details. GMV

fishbiscuit5

acraigl wrote:You may have to take that up with Robert Indiana:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(sculpture)

I like this one.

fishbiscuit5

Fun design and excellent artwork!

Inatangle

quality posts: 115 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Merry Berry Shake

lol! So cute! I can almost hear the dance music! gmv

Inatangle

Re: Thankful Thanksgiving isn't vegan

I'm glad it isn't a vegan thing also. I LOVE turkey! gmv

I must say however, I do have a lot of respect for people who go for the vegan lifestyle... but also I have concern for their health.

Many years ago I went the octo lavo vegatarian route for over a year. That's eating eggs and dairy products for protein, but no meat at all.

I learned a lot during that year and developed a real appreciation for fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

I shopped at health food stores a lot during that time and ran into people who were vegans. (No animal products of any kind) Most, if not all of them looked pale and anemic to me.

That is why I've got health concerns for anyone who decides to go vegan. It is imperative for them to monitor their diet very closely, and take supplemental vitamins. In fact, that is why I didn't try the vegan route myself. Eating eggs & dairy with no meat is a lot more doable!

One of the reasons I eased back into regular eating again is because I got to appreciating the whole grain part of it TOO much. I was starting to gain weight! Too much of my own homemade whole grain bread and desserts... lol

Inatangle

Re: Friday

Yep, yep! Friday is a great day!

Inatangle

Re: hashtag blessed

Sweet shirt! It reminds me that I have so many blessings... good family, a great church home, a roof over my head, so many!

One of my on line blessings, without question, is Shirt Woot, which has provided me with some great clothing, and some great friends! gmv

PS. ADQ, you helped me out several times when you were a Staff member. Thank you! :D

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
flemtone wrote:I'm just going to leave this here.

He looks sooooo young there!

pals

acraigl wrote:Thanks!
Already commented on your new entry. Well done. And feel free to ask all kinds of questions... we're happy to help.

Thank you! I have lots of questions. will ask more in the future.

I've been checking out your work and noticed a strength is that you use minimal color. With this strength the design and visual communication speaks for itself.

Inatangle

Re: How to Draw a Turkey

I can do steps 1, 2, and 3... no problem! Now why doesn't my step 4 look like This Step 4? Sigh... lol

Inatangle

Re: To my Mom and Dad

Hey... great one! I'd like to send this to my kids... anonymously, of course! gmv

In the wild chance that they are voting in this Derby, I just want to say that I love my kids, they are all growed up, and I'm so thankful for Them! (They don't vote in Derbies often enough, but if it weren't for them, I wouldn't even know about this website!)

Inatangle

Re: Mondays, No Friend of Mine

LOL! This is great! So funny! The expressions Make the shirt! gmv

Inatangle

Boy... I can't add much to the string of compliments about this shirt except to say that I'm adding my vote and joining the fan club. Great one, Kellabell!